ENBoost is causing crashes when loading save?

Darkpig

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true          <=== Set to False. You are not using a proxy.
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll   <=== Remove.

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false  <=== Set to True. You are only using ENBoost not the graphics/preset.
UseDefferedRendering=true
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true      <=== Set to False. As recommended on the Crash Fixes page on Nexus.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=6777        <=== This needs to be the to total after running the vram test tool and making the adjustments based on your OS.
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

Double-check this against the S.T.E.P guide I linked to earlier.

If ENBoost is set up correctly then you will see red text in the top left corner on start up.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true          <=== Set to False. You are not using a proxy. Did not think of that huh.
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll   <=== Remove. From what I recently read from STEP Isn't it harmless code if the above conditions are set to false?

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false  <=== Set to True. You are only using ENBoost not the graphics/preset. Setting this to true I have no problems. When it is set to false that I start to have crashes which is bad?
UseDefferedRendering=true
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true      <=== Set to False. As recommended on the Crash Fixes page on Nexus. Setting this to false does not remove crashes and setting it to true is said to improve performance. It has been "reported" to conflict with a program in SKSE nothing more.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=6777        <=== This needs to be the to total after running the vram test tool and making the adjustments based on your OS. Tested it already.
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

Double-check this against the S.T.E.P guide I linked to earlier.

If ENBoost is set up correctly then you will see red text in the top left corner on start up.

28 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll   <=== Remove. From what I recently read from STEP Isn't it harmless code if the above conditions are set to false?

Yes it is harmless with the above line set to false but why have it there if it does nothing?

28 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false  <=== Set to True. You are only using ENBoost not the graphics/preset. Setting this to true I have no problems. When it is set to false that I start to have crashes which is bad?

Then you are still doing something wrong. "Without graphics" means without an ENB preset. So if you are not using a preset, that setting should be 'true'. Do you have an 'enbseries' folder and/or an enbseries.ini in your Skyrim folder? If yes then it does need to be set to false as you have a preset installed.

31 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

<=== Set to False. As recommended on the Crash Fixes page on Nexus. Setting this to false does not remove crashes and setting it to true is said to improve performance. It has been "reported" to conflict with a program in SKSE nothing more.

Your decision. Mine is set to false and I don't have CTDs.

12 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Then you are still doing something wrong. "Without graphics" means without an ENB preset. So if you are not using a preset, that setting should be 'true'. Do you have an 'enbseries' folder and/or an enbseries.ini in your Skyrim folder? If yes then it does need to be set to false as you have a preset installed.

I do have an enbseries.ini because that is... why is that there? I don't remember installing anything but the d3d9.dll, enbhost.exe & enblocal.ini. So does setting this to false without a preset cause crashes?

enbseries.ini is automatically generated if you don't install one, if you look in it everything is set to default values so it isn't doing anything with the filters. Just open you will see it's all set to false if it has actual settings in it and path to fx files then you have one that was downloaded and you would want to remove it if you are not using the preset so it can generate a new ini that is disabled.

If you are going to be using just the ENBoost part then do the enblocal.ini settings as I said and do what RW11 has said for the enbseries.ini. In addition remove and delete any enbseries folder.

If you are intending to use an ENB preset I would still do all that and then start from scratch with the ENB preset of your choice.

If you have ENBoost installed correctly it will show a message similar to this:

I can't remember if there is more text but this is the top line and the important bit.

ENBoost.thumb.jpg.faa77c9410e4dd97f5359966a4e396ca.jpg

Archived