Jump to content
IGNORED

CBBE clothing mod changes character's skin tone


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, nignog123 said:

The clothing mod in question is this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22187

 

I'm not sure how to describe my problem, so here are a few screenshots.

The problem seems to be restricted to the clothes in the mod; when my character is naked or I'm wearing clothes from another mod, the seams aren't present.

20191103113326_1.thumb.jpg.847255ec900f4ebe9c15d56cae0b6891.jpg20191103113323_1.thumb.jpg.0a50b89ba9b8c7565ea0024579d07ec6.jpg

The most common cause of this is that you have one type of body (eg. CBBE) and the "armor" is for another (eg. UUNP). Double check that first.

Link to comment

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22187?tab=bugs

I check one of mesh which offered in the clothing set,  with nif scope..

 

then I could not find problem, but as this report,, it seems happen about the one dress..

and it is same as your picked one, which cause problem.  (we clear see, only reference body shine hard, so usually the assgined shader property

change (with or without intention).

 

Though I do not know, why there is case, these value change.. maybe mod author play around with out-fit studio, with the reference body,

or he test set values in nif-scope,, (maybe he tweak for his body mesh too) and forget,,then the problem only happen about the dress...

 

anyway, the report procedure should work.. (Though I do not test it,,)

Link to comment

Then it may happen, everytime you generate the cloth with body-slide and your shape preset.

 

so to correct problem you may need to use out-fit studio and check material settings of the dress project, unfortunately I have never tweaking material setting etc  with out-fit studio, so I can not help it..  but I suppose compare with other clothing project file, (which not cause problem) , there should be difference setting.   Then to temporally correct it,,  you may feel easy just tweak generated nif of the dress with nif-scope

and set value of shader property about body referece mesh,  as same as your currently using body nif.

 

Link to comment

mmmm,,, no really sorry,, It seems only matter about the dress ribbon shader setting,, (sorry I do not carefully check,,just think so,,)

so it may not related with your case,, (though there should be some difference setting I suppose so)

anyway  I may check it work or not with my CBBE body,,,  sorry just expand topic,,with miss infomation.

Link to comment

mm,,, no I can not re-porduce the issue with use same dress (no 17)  (I only download physics version,, at current,, and thanks I like this mod,,)

and generate with BS. (batch build with morph,, manually add clothing gorup for dress)

I checked with nif scope,, shader proeprties, it seems no problem (same as my character nude body).  So I do not know why it happen for your body and this cloth.

 

ScreenShot66.png.38f58dbc88ef68e3af63b3c1386ddbc7.png

I know, the follower face and body are slightly show difference reflection (glossy) it is because I convert character from LE, and still use different gloss texture option for glossy,,(fair skin )  only about this follower body,,, so it is same when I set her full nude. then  do not see such clear body tone change.  just to confirm when you set PC (or NPC) nude,, you do not see any problem?  or are you using some mod tool, which can change skin set from MCM menus etc?? I know there was some mods which can controll skin set in game.. (though I do not use it)

 

Then if you use one skin mod for all your character but only change skin tone for each character,

attached body will use one skin mod.. but if you set up different texture mod, for NPC (even though it is CBBE compatible) ,, when you change armor,  you should see skin change somehow.

 

 because clothing mod body  use default character texture set,, in your data. (same as PC texture ) but the NPC face  still use the texture which made for your NPC. 

 

I do not like it, so I force to keep use one mod with one skin option, for all character and PC basically. if I download NPC,

I exchange texture same as my PC using  texture.

 

 or you may need to set-up clothing texture path, for each character but the clothing may only work for the NPC 

then it may change,, you wear cloth for PC or custom NPC (custom follower etc) 

 

 

 

Link to comment
19 hours ago, greenmango12 said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22187?tab=bugs

I check one of mesh which offered in the clothing set,  with nif scope..

 

then I could not find problem, but as this report,, it seems happen about the one dress..

and it is same as your picked one, which cause problem.  (we clear see, only reference body shine hard, so usually the assgined shader property

change (with or without intention).

 

Though I do not know, why there is case, these value change.. maybe mod author play around with out-fit studio, with the reference body,

or he test set values in nif-scope,, (maybe he tweak for his body mesh too) and forget,,then the problem only happen about the dress...

 

anyway, the report procedure should work.. (Though I do not test it,,)

No, it seems to be happening to all the dresses for me. I'll try to mess with the dresses in Outfit studio and report back to this thread. Thanks for the advice though.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, nignog123 said:

No, it seems to be happening to all the dresses for me. I'll try to mess with the dresses in Outfit studio and report back to this thread. Thanks for the advice though.

 I found The bug report only mentioned about the dress ribbon reflection problem , then it is not your case. sorry I just miss understand.

 

Then I could not reproduce your issue,, with my CBBE bodys , Fair skin v10, and this mod (physics version in option)  have you tried re-install already?  

 

 

 

Link to comment
19 hours ago, greenmango12 said:

 I found The bug report only mentioned about the dress ribbon reflection problem , then it is not your case. sorry I just miss understand.

 

Then I could not reproduce your issue,, with my CBBE bodys , Fair skin v10, and this mod (physics version in option)  have you tried re-install already?  

 

 

 

Re installing the game or the mod? I've reinstalled the mod and the issue remained. I even reinstalled my skin texture (demoniac) and the issue persisted.

Link to comment

I have never tried demoniac textures,(the main files fro se seems removed from nexus I think)

but there is ENB setting discriptions to remove neck seam. (but I can not get main file, so I can not compare it)

and  I do not know if it matter of your case, but , If I were you I may check it too.

 

"About Subsurface Scattering issue: For SE you always want the SSS disabled option. If you have it enabled you'll get a glowing bronze shine that follows the shadowline on skin when you're up close. Oldrim used that feature for SSS but SE either doesn't support it or just implements it wrong. Just use an ENB preset with SSS enabled and it works without that texture option enabled - Khumak."

 

To find, which cause issue (clothing mod or texture mod) I may change texture mod once (eg hide denoniac textures, then return default CBBE offered textures etc) and see how it work,, thoguh I suppose if you have already tried these things.

 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...