5 minutes ago, Shirya said:

hey, at first, thx for working on this mod, realy chance anything since i use this one. I noticed a delay at the cum stage of all animations. the last stage loop for around 40-50s before end.

This is not a major issue ofc.

btw nice job

40-50 sounds pretty bad. I'll need to keep an eye on that, although I don't think that happens on current development build at least for me. I haven't actually checked how SL decides the timers - I know you can set per-stage timers, but animations generally also give stage timer info I think.. not sure how that all works together.

21 hours ago, EphemeralSagacity said:

Was experiencing issues when the hotfix was applied where the player would advance animation stages but the npc would not.  "Think" it was predominately when switching from foreplay to primary scene.  Will double check by going back to see how things were.  Couple times I also had to forcibly end the animation because it was never ending.

Without the hotfix the animations advance about right.  With the hotfix there are definitely issues with advancement.

Issue with devious devices to consider - For chastity belt to be displayed during scenes on clone the player must first remove body clothing for belt to show...and then initiate the scene.  Otherwise the chastity belt will not be seen.

Every so often I get launched into the sky and stuck there as I do regular game play with teleport locomotion and have to reload.  No idea what mod is causing that in my list.  While a little annoying, I am surprised how well they are working overall with sexlab vr.  I'm using the cloning.  If anyone has a clue or hint about my annoying issue then please pass it along...thanks!

Here are the relevant LL mods I am using fwiw...overall seems to be working well but YMMV - most of the way through angrims quest: 

Spoiler

AmorousAdventures 3.4 SE
AngrimApprentice_v2_11_SE (custom script to activate succubus heart at a certian point for immersive quest into succubus heart)
AnimalMansionPlusNS_1.0
Anub Creature 2.2019SE
Anub Human 2.2019SE
Babo Creature 2019.09.08 SE
Babo Human 2019.09.08 SE
Bestial Essence SE 0.3-fftest
Creature Framework 1.1.0-pre2A-SE
DCL-DD-ZaZ HDT-SMP and other patches
DD-AIO Rev2
DDHOTFIX
DD_4.3a_FT_CBBESE_Bodyslide_Files
DD_DCL_New_CBBE

DD CBBE Curvy (body slide files)
XXXXX Deadly Pleasure (Komotor project) 0.6  Was causing all sorts of grief and NOT working for me despite converting)
XXXXX Deadly Pleasures SDK
Devious Cidhna v1_10_FOMOD
Devious Devices - Integration (Silent Voices) - no fuzrodoh so using Silent Voice Generator with these instructions...not obvious but I did this with all mods that need fuzrodoh) 

DeviousDevices VR Release (ddiutil for sksevr)
DibellaSisterhood20190408 (manually converted extracting bsa, nif optimize meshes, save plugin in ck)
DibellaSisterhood201904_BodySlide CBBE SSE
DibellaSisterhoodSisters20190408 (manually converted extracting bsa, nif optimize meshes, save plugin in ck)
--dibella-facegen (need to avoid ctds during sybil quest)
Estrus Chaurus V4.37se
Estrus Trapped Eggs 1.0
Estrus-Chaurus-Dwemer-Addon v4.342-3
EstrusForSkyrimV242 VR-12832-2-42vr-1553412400
EstrusMimics-49566-2-2-0
XXXXDOAXXXX  KomAnim_3.8_LE (manually converted but they do not function right)
Labia Exciter BodySlide
MfgFix-vr-11669-1-0vr
MiasLairSSE_63a_Loose
MoreNastyCritters_v12RC7SE2
Piercings for CBBE SSE
XXXXDOAXXXX  Rp3 SLAL_KomAnimPack_2.5a SSE-install
SexLab Approach Redux 1.25 English SE
SexLab Aroused Creatures SE v04.0 RC1 (Beta 11)
Sexlab Dialogues SE 201910
Sexlab Dibella CBBE Curvy (generated bodyslide files)
SexLab EagerNPCSERev2
Sexlab Horrible Harassment Expansion SE V2.83 - English
SexLab Solutions v5.0.7
SexLabAroused Redux V28b SSE Modified by BakaFactory
SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA7
Skyrim Romance 3.1-71754-3-1 (manually converted)
SL Defeat SSE
SLAL_Billyy_Animations_v2.71
SLAnimLoader-1.5
Sorlis_Balarn's_Treasure_SE_v1.06
Succubus Heart SE 4.9 DEV
The Mysterious Breeding Rooms SE 1.02
VRpatchSLfullBeta7v007
VRpatchSLfullBeta7v007 (my own little minor changes mentioned in thread)
XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended-1988-4-64-1573894855
ZAZ 7.0SE-Rev1

Was getting a CTD in devious devices.  You will see something in the Papyrus log that looks like the following:

Spoiler

[11/16/2019 - 03:21:01PM] [Zad]: StartThirdPersonAnimation(Raven,DDZazHornyB)
[11/16/2019 - 03:21:01PM] [Zad]: Debug-1
[11/16/2019 - 03:21:02PM] [Zad]: Debug-2
[11/16/2019 - 03:21:07PM] [Zad]: Debug-3
[11/16/2019 - 03:21:07PM] [Zad]: Debug-4
[11/16/2019 - 03:21:07PM] [Zad]: Debug-5

Attached is the really primitive mitigation for this - good enough for me, not a great general fix for DD to incorporate.

@reikiri - how do you want to handle these sorts of things which are external to sexlab but a part of getting overall LL mods to work in this VR experience?

zadLibs.pex zadLibs.psc

7 hours ago, prog0111 said:

I took a break, but V0.8.0 is under heavy development again.  I'll say the tagline for the next release is "Mod Support" ;)

While I know it is not your mod causing it  (get it without it too), if you could implement "orbital" prevention that would be fantastic.  When I'm running around skyrim with teleport locomotion every so often my character ends up as high as the sky will go and is "stuck".  Often once in this state I cannot even access menus...sigh.

I can't say I've ever had that happen, and it's never been reported either ... well..  Unless a giant hits me - then I become kind of like a Nordic rocket ship.  Are you running VR Combat Enhanced perhaps?  That's the only one that does it to my knowledge, but mods that attempt to alter the VR "height" can cause some pretty horrible breakage if combined with VRIK.

i wondered why somes animation dont use clone, like the one from Milk Mod Economy or fertility, anyway, when i use a pomp milk from MME the animation broke my char, cross arms, torso rotation 180°. I dont know where that come from, vrik, mme, or SL who dont create a clone for thoses animation?

9 minutes ago, Shirya said:

i wondered why somes animation dont use clone, like the one from Milk Mod Economy or fertility, anyway, when i use a pomp milk from MME the animation broke my char, cross arms, torso rotation 180°. I dont know where that come from, vrik, mme, or SL who dont create a clone for thoses animation?

They are likely handling some of their own animations (like what I saw in devious devices).  That said both of those are not going to work so well since there is no nioverride for skyrimvr yet.  Donate to the patreon for the racemenu author to get vr if you want to support that (if you haven't already) :)

13 hours ago, prog0111 said:

I can't say I've ever had that happen, and it's never been reported either ... well..  Unless a giant hits me - then I become kind of like a Nordic rocket ship.  Are you running VR Combat Enhanced perhaps?  That's the only one that does it to my knowledge, but mods that attempt to alter the VR "height" can cause some pretty horrible breakage if combined with VRIK.

Btw, what is it about VR Combat Enhanced that causes it?

Btw, what is it about VR Combat Enhanced that causes it?

VRIK needs to control the player's height to do it's thing, but that mod also adjusts it for camera shake.  If VRIK sees the height get adjusted, I assume it's the user changing it in the normal SkyrimVR settings menu and try to take on that setting.  Then the mods fight each other over it, and you end up 300 feet tall or somewhere underground.

If you're not using clone, a lot of SL animations are just totally broken in the current VRIK release.  Torso rotation is one of the big ones, and there's a fix coming in the not-too-distant future.  Lots of fixing...

18 hours ago, Shirya said:

18 hours ago, EphemeralSagacity said:

They are likely handling some of their own animations (like what I saw in devious devices).  That said both of those are not going to work so well since there is no nioverride for skyrimvr yet.  Donate to the patreon for the racemenu author to get vr if you want to support that (if you haven't already) :)

Yes, SL VR patch has no way to deal with animations that aren't started through SL - mods that have their own animations, would need to make their own integration with VRIK. In simple terms, if it's an animation that isn't in SL registry, it's not part of the SL framework.

On 11/17/2019 at 2:46 AM, EphemeralSagacity said:

Was getting a CTD in devious devices.  You will see something in the Papyrus log that looks like the following:

Reveal hidden contents

[11/16/2019 - 03:21:01PM] [Zad]: StartThirdPersonAnimation(Raven,DDZazHornyB)
[11/16/2019 - 03:21:01PM] [Zad]: Debug-1
[11/16/2019 - 03:21:02PM] [Zad]: Debug-2
[11/16/2019 - 03:21:07PM] [Zad]: Debug-3
[11/16/2019 - 03:21:07PM] [Zad]: Debug-4
[11/16/2019 - 03:21:07PM] [Zad]: Debug-5

Attached is the really primitive mitigation for this - good enough for me, not a great general fix for DD to incorporate.

@reikiri - how do you want to handle these sorts of things which are external to sexlab but a part of getting overall LL mods to work in this VR experience?

It might be a bit 'case by case', but in general terms what I'm doing is making changes to SL framework to allow it to run in Skyrim VR. If it doesn't involve SL, then most likely it won't involve the patch either. On the other hand if it's a mod trying to integrate with SL (such as Defeat to take an example), then I might have a look if I can do something to make it work - but preferably on SL side. However I'll try to mostly stay away from making patches to mods other than SL - different mod authors have very different views into whether it's ok to do that.. and aside from that it's an endless swamp, and I have barely enough time to put into getting this patch up and running.

In that particular case, I would suspect the 'third person' part of that message - Skyrim VR doesn't really support 3rd person view... and if that's the cause, it'll be purely a DD issue.

11 hours ago, reikiri said:

Yes, SL VR patch has no way to deal with animations that aren't started through SL - mods that have their own animations, would need to make their own integration with VRIK. In simple terms, if it's an animation that isn't in SL registry, it's not part of the SL framework.

aww oki ^^ thx for answer, i understand now, the author need to do a fix for vrik but i dont think he'll do it. I'll deal with it.

10 hours ago, prinyo said:

Any call to enable free camera will crash the game.

About the other animation mods: I was thinking maybe global functions - for example SLSetupPlayer() and SLRestorePlayer() that other mods can call. And it would prepare the PC as per the MCM settings in SL. So it can be easily added in ZAZ, DD and other mods that send animation events. And it would create a clone or it would change the appropriate setting of VRIK.

This would avoid adding one and the same setting and code to multiple mods. And would make it easy to fix mods. Also it is in the right place in SL - it been a framework.

I like this.  There is definately a pattern as I patch up skyrim romance, dd and what not.  Having some of these as utility methods out of the sl framework could minimize cut and paste...and subsequently silly bugs.

Also as we get closer to a full functionality patch we should take a step back and look at minimizing changes to the original framework while keeping the tweaks alive.  Something you mentioned earlier, but at that point my focus was more on trying to get cloning working while still being on a path of a limit approaching zero for patches necessary.  Minimizing the surface area of the changes while maintaining what has been achieved so far is simmering in the back of my mind for the clone functionality because I agree it can be less invasive and as such easier to update future sl bits when they inevitably happen.

So two core principles:

Changes to the sl framework to VR'ify it should be minimized to be as small as possible.

Changes to vr'ify mods consuming the sl framework should be minimized to be as small as possible.

One basic question is whether to make VRIK a hard requirement, or a soft one. It started as a soft requirement (you don't need to install it to get clone functionality, or generally have SL work with NPCs), but I'm starting to lean towards making it a hard requirement.

- there's way too many places in MCM and actor control, where script depend on VRIK, and changes are too extensive to easily isolate

- I'm again seeing the potential to use VRIK for the clone approach too, which would simpilify things a great deal

Overall, I agree - I tried from the start to limit the changes to the few scripts that seemed to need them, and to maintain the core functionality as much as possible. Fusing the clone approach to be part of VRIK integration would help with that. It's also in line with what Ashal was saying earlier about SL and VR - and ultimately SL is his mod, and I'd prefer to keep the main approach in line with his vision of it - that has greatest probability to be compatible with future releases of SL.

Personally I'm not sold to that idea of using SL as mediator between VRIK and mods that want to run their own animations. VRIK itself is basically made as a framework for other mods, and is trying to be able to support them as well as possible (SL being one of them). If some mod is just trying to fire up a basic animation - say milk mod for example - I'm not sure there's enough benefit for SL to step in there. SL has a very structured way of handling animations, and trying to externalize the preparatory steps from it, but stop it from actually running the animations.. might complicate things a lot - while also adding a hard dependency on SL for those mods (which may make sense for some of them, and is unacceptable for others).

It's worth keeping in mind though - once the basics are working (and they are getting there), the next step is to clean up all the rough edges and hacks that were put in during development.. and then have a look at what's there, what is working.. try to understand it, and make the workings of it compact and easier to understand. At that point, perhaps some of the working could be made possible to call from outside SL. Earlier I already pulled the functions to prepare and disable 'vrikLock' into separate functions to keep the code easier to understand and maintain.. and those for example could be made into external functions with minimal impact to SL.

On the other paw, SL was made to register animations relatively easily, and to run specific animations on cue. It offers hooks everywhere for other mods to make use of it to run animations - or to react into animations that are ran by it. So for anything more complicated, it should be relatively easy for mods to offload the animating to SL if the author so chooses. I haven't really looked very deeply into SL as a framework from modder's perspective - I don't remember if there was a way to make a SL run an animation without actually installing that animation into SL registry. I'll need to look into that at some point, going forward - it might not work though.

Oh, and what comes to minimizing changes required from other mods - the basic way of using SL would essentially be, 'Hey SL, run this animation'. That should work pretty much 'out of box', and the challenges the mods face will be more tied to VR itself - in which VRIK will be crucial for many of them.

i just can't play VR without VRIK :P its a must have for me, playing a vr game without see our body is a shame.

Btw, i wanted to know if something will be done for let us edit pose (mean up, down, right, left) while the pose is playing and see the adjusment. Sometime i would like to move one pose a little for feet my char perfectly but this is hard without see that at sametime i edit it. Maybe by a spell? one for up, one for down? i dont know if something can be done for that. I just asking.

59 minutes ago, Shirya said:

i just can't play VR without VRIK :P its a must have for me, playing a vr game without see our body is a shame.

Btw, i wanted to know if something will be done for let us edit pose (mean up, down, right, left) while the pose is playing and see the adjusment. Sometime i would like to move one pose a little for feet my char perfectly but this is hard without see that at sametime i edit it. Maybe by a spell? one for up, one for down? i dont know if something can be done for that. I just asking.

Whether something *can* be done - yes, absolutely. And I'd like to. Right now you can do it in anim editor, but it's clumsy - to the point it feels almost unusable, and I haven't even tested yet if it works properly (e.g. saves all the settings and all that). What I would ideally *want* to do, is to integrate that into controllers. In VR you have something flatrim doesn't have: a working 3d control tool. Something you can simply hold in your hand, move around and twist in any directon. That would seem like perfect tool to reposition an actor in all axis and directions at once - while seeing the results immediately.

SL does have the offset coordinates, and already has the functionality of moving actor based on them as you adjust them. So I'd need to be able to pull the coordinates of controller position, and apply those to the actor. Another possibility would be to use the headset - or camera - to control the position. Or use the headset for player and controllers for NPC actors. I don't really know, not yet. There's possibilities there, but so far I've been focused on just getting bugs out of core functionality.. and that's still got a few things to smooth out in the dev version. And then there's the whole question about how far should VR patch go in changing SL features to help other mods integrate into it. Basically I'll need to focus on making the framework and it's connection to other mods as good as possible, as fast as possible, before people start actually making those connections.. because changing them afterwards will mean a lot of extra work for anyone who was using them to connect a mod to SL. Doing more 'localized' features, even when they'd mean pretty significant QoL improvements, needs to be second to that, if they take more than a few moments to implement.

I love VRIK (though I have some fine wrist seam on CBBE SE that I simply cannot unsee...and do not see in flatrim).  That said, I prefer a 3rd person view during hand holding with the ability to move around the scene.  If that can be accomplished with VRIK then I totally agree that everything should get much simpler.

For others using the current V7 patch (not the hotfix...sorry that was causing some big time issues for animations with the clones at least for me) then the following patch resolved some issues.  Just a minor change with how the clone is created...or rather reused to prevent multiple clones and then the minor fix to slow down some of the repositionings during translation failures.  Have fun.  Most stuff is working quite well with fairly minor changes to mods (with most working with no changes required at all).  Apply this over VRpatchSLfullBeta7v007 if you choose, YMMV but was about to get into the teens with a play through with a ton of mods.

BTW - I believe I fixed my orbital issue...looks like combat mods are not kind to SkyrimVR (seems to have been Wildcat - deconstructed the build to debug that...and now rebuilding back up.  Pretty fast with vortex.)  At least I have the core of Ordinator.

VRpatchSLfullBeta7v007hotfixES1.7z

So.. since prog gave permission to upload the current dev build of VRIK, I'll upload that, and my current 'work in progress' version 18 build of vrpatch. You'll need both of those to make things work, and using them on old save may create some glitches (although it's what I've been doing through all the versions anyway).

Go to SL MCM menu, check the clean and rebuild page, scroll down to see that is shows 'ok' on all parts (skse, fnis, vrik and such). For this version VRIK is hard requirement, because I've been making it with VRIK integration, and doing constant patches and rebuilds - checking in every turn whether VRIK is installed would have made working on this way too slow and tedious. Whether it stays as hard requirement, I don't know. But probably at least while I'm constantly working on it.

Also, since this -is- a development / WIP build, the code is kind of ugly, and there may be glitches. I also included the newest version of SexLabUtils compiled for VR. So basically, "this is all I got right now".

We've gotten through quite a long list of issues the past couple of weeks, and the v007 build is starting to feel ancient.  Trouble is, newer builds are depending on fixes and features that I've been working on for VRIK 0.8.0... 

I tested a lot of animations just now, and they're all playing pretty well with the latest stuff in first-person.  Things like actor placement/rotation seem to be working perfectly, and there's a new method used to detect a good angle to point the HMD based on the animation itself.  There's also a cool new feature in place for hand interactivity, to let you seamlessly switch between controlling the hands or displaying their animation.  There's even options on that for hovering, on trigger, etc...  I'm feeling pretty proud of it :)

I asked Reikiri to throw the latest "In-Development" build of VRIK 0.8.0 on here.  This isn't an official release, but it should help us weed out problems and test the newer SL builds to keep pushing everything forward for now.  Keep in mind that it's still very early/experimental.  There's some rough edges, and there's definitely more that can be done.  Please let us know if you encounter any problems.