How to adopt a mod?

Nymra

Hi,

I am currently working on expanding the mod Sexlab Extra Voices with alot more sound files and also providing packs containing sounds for it (80-100 sounds per slot).

I dont just want to upload the files in the normal thread but to make a new thread so people see it and find it easier.

Is that possible? The creator of the mod logged in 2015 for the last time and I have no hope in contacting him. So I just want to know what the procedure is here...

I see alot of similar "updated" old mods, but I dont know if they all have the permission of the original authors? 

Generally they do have permission to take over the mod.  I would PM the mod author and just see if they respond.  Other than that, I'd recommend you do as 27X suggested and point folks towards the original mod and also offer yours as a patch (or addon or whatever you want to call it).

Holler if the moderation staff can help.

9 hours ago, gregathit said:

Generally they do have permission to take over the mod.  I would PM the mod author and just see if they respond.  Other than that, I'd recommend you do as 27X suggested and point folks towards the original mod and also offer yours as a patch (or addon or whatever you want to call it).

Holler if the moderation staff can help.

thank you. Then I will do just that. 

Archived