Where are the stability tools for the Creation Kit?

Psalam

I was working on mods this weekend. During this time the CK crashed more than once as it often does. I didn't get too upset. I followed the mantra "save early and save often." So, I lost little work, just some time (rebooting and restarting). It also occurred to me that the last time I was in the habit of repeating that mantra was in my early days of using mods for Skyrim. I remembered all those CTDs that seemed to pop up out of nowhere. Then, I learned about Crash Fixes and ENBoost and the tools that make Skyrim more stable. My Skyrim game doesn't have those problems any more, but the CK does.

So, where are the stability tools for the Creation Kit?

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

"It's a poor workman what blames 'is tools". ?

argument invalid, the CK was made by "poor workman"

seriously why do we not have a 3rd party alternative yet?

xedit is the closest thing we have but it lacks menus & windows for quest/NPC/3d world editing, and the ability to do script compiling & voice/lip/fuz file generation.

considering that there are programs around that can do some of these things i don't know why no one has tried to merge them together into a new "CK" yet.

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

"It's a poor workman what blames 'is tools". ?

I think less that anyone's blaming the tool and more complaining about them and their lack of quality.

"Look at what I did when I only had this piece of junk to work with!"

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

considering that there are programs around that can do some of these things i don't know why no one has tried to merge them together into a new "CK" yet.

I wonder how much copywrite came into it, and how much "its harder than it looks" played a part.  I suppose it would be too much to ask the devs to release their own tools after the last DLC was released and they weren't going to do anything else to make money from the title.

I try to crash CK and fail, seriously. I'm in CK, I pick mods I want to load, while they are loading I launch internet and load up Youtube usually or LL just to kill the 1-2 minutes loading. I have seen people suggest when exporting face data to only do a few at time, I generated head data on all female npcs in base game, no problems. I'll do work on 1 mod,save it,then without closing CK I'll load another mod into the mix. 

I looked at suggested BoneToungue mod, I did have most of those settings, i left others alone. For me i'm 98% sure my success comes from using MO, I deactivate most mods,it's so quick and easy,prior to launching CK and I think this feature,in conjunction with MO virtual folder/clean data, is a deal maker when it comes to having CK run good, I did no extensive work to my CK to get it running good,it just always as. And I have only used MO1(4life), you hear that Grey Cloud? MO4life!

• 2 months later...

I debunked my theory on going into CK through MO with no mods active except desired mod as the means to why I don't crash in ck,ever. I have been going into ck with all mods active lately and it makes no change. 

I did notice something in my enb.ini, can't be the solution for others but it is worth mentioning, hate hearing you guys have problems in ck. I was comparing enb.ini with a user having problems and noticed an entry I had and they didn't. 

ck.jpg.5909c83b9c684b6baa4e2ccb10e3c326.jpg

once again i don't think this is magic solution, without having merit to have good ideas on why other users have problems with ck crashing, I will guess it has something to do with an ini setting. I have error messages turned off, along with other things we all should of done like set the archive list to acknowledge dlcs and b_multipleloads multiple master files but like I said all that stuff should be done by everyone. 

Archived