New members can’t upload, edit posts or set avatar

If you’re a new member, you probably:
- can’t upload files
- can’t set avatar
- can’t edit posts

- can't attach images

How to fix it?
- You’ll become part of “Members” (instead of “New Members”) in a week or so, you just have to wait it out.
- You also have to rank up from “Junior Member” to “Member” by having 10+ posts.

These are based on my personal experiences, if you can confirm or deny them, feel free to reply bellow.

It is a shame that moderators don’t know about these limitations, leaving confused users in the dark, or wasting their time with useless advices.

15 minutes ago, PcNerd said:

These are based on my personal experiences, if you can confirm or deny them, feel free to reply bellow.

confirmed...a long time ago.

and it's there to guard against spambots (it helps limit the damage they can do).

you just need to make 10 posts to become a "full member".

edit: also the foum's software does not allow a lower limit than 10......so the "anti-spambot" was actually just a side effect of limited site customization.

10 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

you just need to make 10 posts to become a "full member".

Thanks!

That piece of information would have been very useful a week ago.
(Someone sad you need 2 posts...)

But in my case it did not worked even after 20 posts, it seems you also have to wait for a week to not be part of "New Members"
35 minutes ago, PcNerd said:

that's not normal for this site, so i don't know whats going on there, maybe there was a software update or something (the site was also having problems with displaying newly uploaded jpg files last week so there most likely was a update or setting change of some kind)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...