HON_COS_003_HalfNude

Thanks for:
用户名623 : reminding me to fix soft body

Vagonumero13: rdbtool, g1mtools and REDELBE

Ausgeek: 3dmigoto tools for blender

SaafRats       & Brianna Smith nude mod / custom nipples texture

Game version 1.11; REDELB version 1.3

how to use:

unzip this file to REDELB folder and enjoy ?

2.png.3cf007818946d21366e143dbf3d35953.png

1.png.6117961c2d1f7905fc1aa9f649c0c52c.png

BTW, if someone still browsing down.

Recently, i'm working on doing something amazing with nvidia flex in Unreal Engine 4. I'm creating this mod to grasp the soft body technique from Koei. Well, DOA6 soft seems to be very different from nvidia's, which is voxelizing the mesh and spawn particles and shape constraints, then skinning.The adventage of nvidia's is that cloth particle, fluid particle and soft body particle could interact each other, they are unified!

they look like this:( blue particles are Oppai particles, black are cloth particles.

image.png.4b95ec052a7a1bd2b51b7e02d2cd19b8.png

@ausgeek i wonder if the decode_doa6_soft.py skinning soft part is writen by your team, or it's Koei method. Cause the surrounding_nodes gathering is wired. I just cant figure out why some vertex just gathered 6 or 7 nodes.

I've tried to move error vertices around and they still be error (no more and no less). i add following code to select the error vertices (maybe i should use len !=8 && len !=4)

weights = self.interpolate_weights_trilinear(vertex.co, weighted_nodes)

if len(weighted_nodes) != 8:
                    target.data.vertices[l.vertex_index].select = True

@用户名623 我想胸部模型是可以复用的,只要把上身也换了,再修复下柔体

Spoiler
1 hour ago, h4sjohnson said:

BTW, if someone still browsing down.

Recently, i'm working on doing something amazing with nvidia flex in Unreal Engine 4. I'm creating this mod to grasp the soft body technique from Koei. Well, DOA6 soft seems to be very different from nvidia's, which is voxelizing the mesh and spawn particles and shape constraints, then skinning.The adventage of nvidia's is that cloth particle, fluid particle and soft body particle could interact each other, they are unified!

they look like this:( blue particles are Oppai particles, black are cloth particles.

image.png.4b95ec052a7a1bd2b51b7e02d2cd19b8.png

@ausgeek i wonder if the decode_doa6_soft.py skinning soft part is writen by your team, or it's Koei method. Cause the surrounding_nodes gathering is wired. I just cant figure out why some vertex just gathered 6 or 7 nodes.

I've tried to move error vertices around and they still be error (no more and no less). i add following code to select the error vertices (maybe i should use len !=8 && len !=4)

weights = self.interpolate_weights_trilinear(vertex.co, weighted_nodes)

if len(weighted_nodes) != 8:
                    target.data.vertices[l.vertex_index].select = True

@用户名623 我想胸部模型是可以复用的,只要把上身也换了,再修复下柔体

I did a bit study on augsgeek's code without knowing anything about soft body technique. I forgot the detail of his method, but he was search surrounding nodes side by side, so on the edge there is always a chance no node can be found. For ausgeek's code, it will not be able to generate correct weight settings if the vertex do not have 8 nodes forming a cage. However, if you can supply 8 nodes to form a cage (not necessary to be the most closest to the vertex) the code will generate a working settings. So for the vertex the code failed to found the 8 nodes, you could manually appoint a larger cage or even a distorted cage for the code to generate the setting. I have use this method to sort out many cases, and works fine in game.

However, the big problem is on the edge connecting the softbody and normal mesh. Since I don't have any knowledge on Softbody tech, I can just guess the nodes  are like bones, with they are own weight settings, so on the edge the softbody weight settings need to be calculated with softbody node weight. ausgeek's code have set this weight always to 1, therefore there will be a mis-match on the softbody edge, especially when the connecting vertex is not in the KOEI original edge cages. I have stopped there whiles ago, because it seems no one playing the softbody any longer.    

On 10/6/2019 at 10:58 AM, h4sjohnson said:

确实,可以通过删除报错部位再缝合回去能避免错误,不过我觉得这样做很麻烦,特别是错误较多的时候.也许是我方法不对

(Indeed, you can avoid mistakes by deleting the error parts and then stitching them back, but I think it is very troublesome, especially when there are more errors. Maybe my method is wrong.)

3 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I did a bit study on augsgeek's code without knowing anything about soft body technique. I forgot the detail of his method, but he was search surrounding nodes side by side, so on the edge there is always a chance no node can be found. For ausgeek's code, it will not be able to generate correct weight settings if the vertex do not have 8 nodes forming a cage. However, if you can supply 8 nodes to form a cage (not necessary to be the most closest to the vertex) the code will generate a working settings. So for the vertex the code failed to found the 8 nodes, you could manually appoint a larger cage or even a distorted cage for the code to generate the setting. I have use this method to sort out many cases, and works fine in game.

However, the big problem is on the edge connecting the softbody and normal mesh. Since I don't have any knowledge on Softbody tech, I can just guess the nodes  are like bones, with they are own weight settings, so on the edge the softbody weight settings need to be calculated with softbody node weight. ausgeek's code have set this weight always to 1, therefore there will be a mis-match on the softbody edge, especially when the connecting vertex is not in the KOEI original edge cages. I have stopped there whiles ago, because it seems no one playing the softbody any longer.    

I want to know what you said: However, if you can supply 8 nodes to form a cage (not necessary to be the most closest to the vertex) the code will generate a working settings. So for the vertex the code failed to found the 8 Nodes, you could manually appoint a larger cage or even a distorted cage for the code to generate the setting. Can you tell me the specific operation? I used to solve the problem by deleting the error part and re-stitching. But this method is very stupid, especially when there are more errors

5 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

appreciate for sharing your study in ausgeek's code!

i edit

if num_surrounding_nodes == 4:
                    midpoint = numpy.average([x.pos for x in surrounding_nodes], axis=0)
                    sorted_nodes = sorted(non_adjacent_nodes, key=lambda x: numpy.linalg.norm(x.pos - midpoint))
                    surrounding_nodes.extend(sorted_nodes[:8 - num_surrounding_nodes])

to

if num_surrounding_nodes != 8:
                    sorted_nodes = sorted(non_adjacent_nodes, key=lambda x: numpy.linalg.norm(x.pos - midpoint))

and the vertices is skinned properly(at least work fine in HON_COS_003 mesh05&06).

i'll study the soft skinning later but i probably couldn't give it a test. Cause i'm going back to colleage ?

15 minutes ago, h4sjohnson said:

appreciate for sharing your study in ausgeek's code!

i edit

if num_surrounding_nodes == 4:

to

if num_surrounding_nodes != 8:

and the vertices is skinned properly(at least work fine in HON_COS_003 mesh05&06).

i'll study the soft skinning later but i probably couldn't give it a test. Cause i'm going back to colleage ?

你的个插件可以上传吗

(Can the plugin you write be uploaded?)

3 hours ago, 用户名623 said:

你的个插件可以上传吗

(Can the plugin you write be uploaded?)

I haven't got t he copyright from @ausgeek but i guess it's ok to share a simple modified version.

One more thing, this script didn't unselect vertices (i'm new to both blender & python). So, you need to unselect vertices of geometry manually before you run this script.

decode_doa6_soft.py

9 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

As for the "Softbody node weight" problem you mentioned, the ausgeek's code didn't seems to set the weight of blending skeletal mesh skinning & soft skinning. It just set the weight of soft particles skinning. I don't know how the Koei method in soft skinning, but i guess it's similar to nvidia's method. I think the scratches in softbody edges just because of the mismatch of breast mesh to body mesh. The skeletal mesh skinning weights also matters.

Imitating to the nvidia skinning pipe in UE4, if you want to replace the soft body mesh without replace body mesh, you need to fix the soft body edge to precisively overlay the initial mesh (which is impossible) and copy the initial skeletal mesh skinning weights to the overlay edges (which is another difficulty).

A trick to avoid this impossible work is to hide the scratches beneath the clothes. In the case of this mod, I hide the scratches between chest and legs beneath panties.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 9:47 PM, Walk Man said:

Yes, the mods for Honoka no longer work correctly.

Um, the ones I have installed do. What exactly is the problem? The problem needs to be described so the original creator can fix it if he so chooses. Or fellow modders can fix it, if they so choose. Just stating the mod no longer works, is inadequate. Especially when you say this mod doesn't work, and then assume all Honoka mods don't work. We need details.

6 hours ago, Hakufu1021 said:

Um, the ones I have installed do. What exactly is the problem? The problem needs to be described so the original creator can fix it if he so chooses. Or fellow modders can fix it, if they so choose. Just stating the mod no longer works, is inadequate. Especially when you say this mod doesn't work, and then assume all Honoka mods don't work. We need details.

Problem description :

It does not work.

Suggestion : pls fix 

If it's still not clear I can try to explain it more thoroughly (although that'd be difficult because it simply DOES NOT WORK) 

Thank you 

Turns out with help of user Hafuku1021, the description how to use this mod seems to be actually correct, if insufficient.  You have to understand not every game is the same and not everyone understands easily how it works.

I have an about 1.2GB big mod folder for MHW with about 70 fully working mods in it for example,  and I would never ever just "extract" files into that.  Absolute insanity!  Lol 

In fact I never do this anyway,  so while the instructions seem to be correct, after all, a little explanation how it really works would go a long way.  

Already suggested to make a sticky how to use the mods posted here,  not sure if you guys will do it,  I believe it's a necessity though. 

• 3 years later...
On 10/21/2019 at 11:36 AM, MaidoLover said:

Turns out with help of user Hafuku1021, the description how to use this mod seems to be actually correct, if insufficient.  You have to understand not every game is the same and not everyone understands easily how it works.

I have an about 1.2GB big mod folder for MHW with about 70 fully working mods in it for example,  and I would never ever just "extract" files into that.  Absolute insanity!  Lol 

In fact I never do this anyway,  so while the instructions seem to be correct, after all, a little explanation how it really works would go a long way.  

Already suggested to make a sticky how to use the mods posted here,  not sure if you guys will do it,  I believe it's a necessity though. 

so whats the fix? this skin doesnt pop up for me in game