SkyUI MCM for 1143 mods sorted

Probably a bad Teasing, since i don't know if i can publish it ...

1474179246_MCMMenu.jpg.bead3ae74824912874214d82b50c10c9.jpg

9 x 127 menus = 1143 possible mods ordered alphabetically :

860326400_DEFmenu.jpg.264008027bab135a4ab6f446608161e0.jpg

works ! :

1204811810_DrippingMenu.jpg.290f7b102ba56c021dd9da68006dce52.jpg

Working on a more complex version currently, u will be able to rename mods name, order them as you want, rename sub menus, auto load template on new game and so on ... 

now you can dream ... :)

• 3 weeks later...

more tease :

it's a WIP, the previous post concerns an already bundeled version.

[Go to configuration]

5142552_enb2019_10_1312_50_37_00.jpg.147bddd737710a9de7b03f9b4648112e.jpg

[Configure Panel] WIP

1595061501_enb2019_10_1312_51_43_52.jpg.fc9099f08a4727ccd657fef2923173d7.jpg

WIP [Find the mods loaded by MCM ] inspired by CPU skyui re-arranger, i will replace it by an automatic mods detection

1487280727_enb2019_10_1312_51_53_85.jpg.01de1ffcaf8ef9a77d6961d9675bb39d.jpg

WIP [Edition of the Page "ABC"] you can make it sort or custom sort mods, hide it, becom default page (all unclassified mods will fall in default page)

721240161_enb2019_10_1312_52_30_80.jpg.caebc02dacfd249adec71b87d39acf06.jpg

WIP [a Pages Edition Panel]

1079151770_enb2019_10_1312_52_50_15.jpg.31c8c5e973fc2328d3db007d811c746f.jpg

WIP [You can work on unclassified mods ] move them on pages or let them unclassified MCM engine will take care of them

11169225_enb2019_10_1312_52_59_09.jpg.0a239bac9c03c7acc4a6d26304e368c9.jpg

WIP [APPLY CHANGES] push modification on MCM menu

1035652693_enb2019_10_1312_53_11_51.jpg.39cf066bd3dc99c9494413d929383600.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
13 hours ago, Nepro said:

For some reason when I reset MCM the menus are all gone. Maybe because I renamed SkyUI to SkyUI_SE and resaved SkyUI.esp in Creation Kit 64?

if you use it in an existing save, you have to unsinstall skyUI properly before installing this version else it won't work.

I tried on new game the based esp with formID 43. The game will freeze on new game with error popping up new SkyUI SSE 5.2 needed. 

I have a problem with self converted to formID 44 version that I renamed to SkyUI_SE.esp ( this one works no freezes ). The MCM for Footprints mod won't register. The mod itself works but you can't access its MCM.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3808

I tried to load the mod's esp on new game and waiting after new game with no success. 

I also tried setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1 it didn't register Footprint's MCM

I didn't have issue of registering Footprints MCM on old 254 limit version. All other MCM seemed to registed as far as I can tell I have them like 180 :D

Though the old 254 version was tricky you had to have less than 124 MCM on new game or they wouldn't register more MCM. After making save it would allow more than 124 MCM.

This issue is possible due that Oldrim SkyUI stayed same 5.1 while Special Edition SkyUI received updated 5.2 so 5.1 using 5.2 scripts may not operate correctly.

enb2020_5_4_16_06_24.jpg

20 hours ago, Nepro said:

This issue is possible due that Oldrim SkyUI stayed same 5.1 while Special Edition SkyUI received updated 5.2 so 5.1 using 5.2 scripts may not operate correctly.

Yes, it's most possibly this. I admit i can't help more since i don't play skyrim for the moment.

PS : this version use papyrusutils, i think you need to recompile the scripts.

I don't remember clearly but normally there is not a lot of difference between the original esp and my modification i just added forward and backward pages editing would confirm it and you will simply add these modifications in the skyui_se.esp. Most modifications are in the scripts.

SkyUI -SSeeded definately has some beef with Footprints MCM. It will not register. I did test on fairly vanilla mod setup. No other MCM menus but SkyUI and XPMSE. 

Load order:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
SkyUI_SE.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
UIExtensions.esp
XPMSE.esp
Footprints.esp

@Barzing can you compile the scripts in CK64? I tried but they all fail. I even extracted the source files using Champollion and place them in source folder. When I go in CK64 to compile the two scripts added by your advanced MCM it says failed. I tried like couple times and tried moving source files from Data/script/source to Data/source/scripts and Data/source. No matter where I put source script files they all failed to compile. 

18 hours ago, Nepro said:

@Barzing can you compile the scripts in CK64? I tried but they all fail. I even extracted the source files using Champollion and place them in source folder. When I go in CK64 to compile the two scripts added by your advanced MCM it says failed. I tried like couple times and tried moving source files from Data/script/source to Data/source/scripts and Data/source. No matter where I put source script files they all failed to compile. 

Hi, You need all the sources of skyui SE, (after checking papyrusutils isn't needed) then  use the papyrus compiler comandline in the skyrim folder to compile them. I can't do it at the moment as i said, i uninstalled skyrim.

If after doing this, it doesn't work, it means that the original skyuiSE scripts are too different  from my modifications to works correctly.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have attempted to recompile the two source scripts included in your modified SkyUI files for SE using Skyrim Script Compiler Pro.

SKI_ConfigBase compiles without issue.

SKI_ConfigManager, however, yields the following errors on compile attempts:

Spoiler

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(234,22): CloseConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(247,26): CloseConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(322,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(326,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(330,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(334,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(338,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(342,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(346,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(350,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(354,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(358,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(372,18): SetPage is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(378,18): HighlightOption is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(383,18): SelectOption is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(389,18): ResetOption is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(533,18): RemapKey is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(539,18): RequestSliderDialogData is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(544,18): SetSliderValue is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(550,18): RequestMenuDialogData is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(555,18): SetMenuIndex is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(561,18): RequestColorDialogData is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(566,18): SetColorValue is not a function or does not exist

I have PapyrusUtil SE installed, and it's respective script sources in the right place.

I did notice that SkyUI SE has its scripts locked up in a BSA file. but there are no sources included - they're all pre-compiled .pex files.

I'm not sure this is going to be possible for Skyrim SE unless someone is able to get sources on them scripts.

6 hours ago, Barzing said:

Decompil SkyUI SE pex files with champollion.

Okay, de-compiled the SkyUI pex files with Champollion after extracting them from the BSA. Put them in my source directory and attempted to compile your custom SKI_ConfigManager.psc file.

Got more of the same:

Spoiler

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(234,22): CloseConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(247,26): CloseConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(322,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(326,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(330,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(334,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(338,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(342,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(346,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(350,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(354,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(358,34): OpenConfig is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(372,18): SetPage is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(378,18): HighlightOption is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(383,18): SelectOption is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(389,18): ResetOption is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(533,18): RemapKey is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(539,18): RequestSliderDialogData is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(544,18): SetSliderValue is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(550,18): RequestMenuDialogData is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(555,18): SetMenuIndex is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(561,18): RequestColorDialogData is not a function or does not exist
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\scripts\source\SKI_ConfigManager.psc(566,18): SetColorValue is not a function or does not exist

These functions are declared in SKI_ConfigBase.psc, if you really decompiled the pex, these functions should be here (you can check with a text editor).

It looks like you use the SkyUI SDK source files that are wrong, do not use them. Double check you really use the decompiled pex files.

Else, it would mean that these functions are not used in SkyUI SE, this is highly unlikely. Check the SKI_ConfigManager.psc you decompiled to see if these functions are used, it will confirm it.

EDIT : i decompiled SkyUI SE  SKI_ConfigBase.pex, these functions are indeed there.

49 minutes ago, Barzing said:

These functions are declared in SKI_ConfigBase.psc, if you really decompiled the pex, these functions should be here (you can check with a text editor).

It looks like you use the SkyUI SDK source files that are wrong, do not use them. Double check you really use the decompiled pex files.

Else, it would mean that these functions are not used in SkyUI SE, this is highly unlikely. Check the SKI_ConfigManager.psc you decompiled to see if these functions are used, it will confirm it.

EDIT : i decompiled SkyUI SE  SKI_ConfigBase.pex, these functions are indeed there.

Realized the issue was having your version of SKI_ConfigBase.psc in the source directory while trying to compile SKI_ConfigManager.psc (I had simply dumped both of the de-compiled scripts in there). Has to be SkyUI's default ConfigBase.

Will post the results here for you.

I'm sorry, but I don't really see the point here. I usually have 230+ mods in my load order, about 60 of them with MCM. When starting a new game I go one-by-one and do the settings. There this would introduce a layer of unnecessity, because I'd have to enter forders too, instead of just scrolling down.

During game I somewhat regualrly go to the mod configuration menu, like once in a few hours. There I would win a few seconds of scrolling with this. Mostly I don't touch the settings though.

Also, I don't understand this "1143 mods sorted" selling point. I don't think many people go over even the 255 barrier, especially not with mods with MCM. People usually merge armor/clothing/weapon/texture mods and most of them don't have any MCM settings.

If there are "folders", I'd like one where I can put my mostly used MCMs at the top of the list, so for example I don't have to scroll down every time to set SPERG brawling mode on and off. Can I do this with this mod?

I may use something where I can group mods by some method. For example group SexLab related mods, quest mods, world graphics/sound effect mods, animations, etc.

I don't like the alphabet sorting though, because some mods may have different first letter than what you expect. Just a bad example: is Defeat at DEF (Defeat) or STU (SexLab Defeat)? I know it is at DEF, but I hope you see my point. You may end up opening all subfolders looking for a certain mod because you don't know what the creator named its MCM. Of course you can end up searching for a certain mod in the current MCM too, but it is just scrolling currently.

Sorry for being this negative, I guess this extended WFH makes me grumpy.

Edit: I see you have a Rename function. That is a very good feature, because that gives control to the player. For example just add an A in front of the important mods and they will be sorted at the top. I may actually try it. :)

Also, I don't understand this "1143 mods sorted" selling point. I don't think many people go over even the 255 barrier, especially not with mods with MCM. People usually merge armor/clothing/weapon/texture mods and most of them don't have any MCM settings.

I have 543 active plugins, and have just hit the 120-odd MCM cap traditionally included with SkyUI. While I don't currently use this mod, I can certainly see it being of some use later on down the track on a new save game. Am currently using another SkyUI extension mod that allows 254 MCMs on alternating pages I found on VectorPlexus' site a few months back (doesn't appear to be listed any more, which is how I found this mod).

Merging mods and plugins can be troublesome when using mod managers that can keep track of available updates on Nexus (Vortex). I update my mods regularly, and having to go through the merging process every time I want to update something I included in a merge does not appeal to me.

I don't like the alphabet sorting though, because some mods may have different first letter than what you expect. Just a bad example: is Defeat at DEF (Defeat) or STU (SexLab Defeat)? I know it is at DEF, but I hope you see my point. You may end up opening all subfolders looking for a certain mod because you don't know what the creator named its MCM. Of course you can end up searching for a certain mod in the current MCM too, but it is just scrolling currently.

Edit: I see you have a Rename function. That is a very good feature, because that gives control to the player. For example just add an A in front of the important mods and they will be sorted at the top. I may actually try it. :)

Yeah, a lot of MCMs are poorly titled, this is where Barzing's MCM renaming function would definitely shine. I've gotten pretty well accustomed to just spamming page up/page down on my keyboard to navigate roughly to where I wanna be on the MCM list - but I see some real merit in being able to categorize it.

Some examples:

Stuffing all the Sexlab mods into one place.

Perhaps separating all the mods that deal with various aspects of slavery (Cursed Loot, Devious Devices, Simple Slavery etc.) into their own category.

Weather and environmental mods in their own categories.

There is potential here.

10 hours ago, monsta88 said:

I'm sorry, but I don't really see the point here. I usually have 230+ mods in my load order, about 60 of them with MCM. When starting a new game I go one-by-one and do the settings. There this would introduce a layer of unnecessity, because I'd have to enter forders too, instead of just scrolling down.

During game I somewhat regualrly go to the mod configuration menu, like once in a few hours. There I would win a few seconds of scrolling with this. Mostly I don't touch the settings though.

If there are "folders", I'd like one where I can put my mostly used MCMs at the top of the list, so for example I don't have to scroll down every time to set SPERG brawling mode on and off. Can I do this with this mod?

I may use something where I can group mods by some method. For example group SexLab related mods, quest mods, world graphics/sound effect mods, animations, etc.

1143 = 9 submenus x 127 mods, it simply means that you don't have the limit with 127 mods anymore.

9 submenus means that you don't have to flip throught x pages before finding your mod.

Alphabet order is the most standard order, i can't imagine to offer another one by default.

Concerning the name of the mods, the problem is a bit more complex than that, because of the integrated translation system that can't be managed through script, so you can find some mod starting with a "A" in "STU". And you will notice that it's still near very rare.

But this problem is not new and is also existing with the standard version of SkyUI.

Defeat is in "DEF" because the author of defeat called its MCM menu "Defeat" and not "Sexlab Defeat", so you imagine i'm not going to change this :) and again nothing knew vs Standard SkyUI.

Concerning the "rename" functionnality it is not available in this version yet, but this tool would be effectively to overcome this last problem.

Further more, you would be able to rename the submenus, order them as you want, move mods betwwen submenus, move mods in an hidden submenu and so on ...  mostly all of this works partially in the current dev release.

Release date ? unknown for the moment :) as i'm not in skyrim mood for now.