Start a Sexout Wiki

+1 support for the wiki.

Joined as Iron_Jack; I will contribute whenever possible.

edit: I threw together a quick Install Guide for the Sexout framework, just to see how things worked as much as anything else (never worked with a wiki before). See what you guys think.

edit2: I've also been considering doing an install guide for SCR, as it's one of the more confusing ones out there and so much depends on it being installed (correctly).

I still think we can't let the fact that there's a wiki lull us into thinking the forum section doesn't need improvements in those areas either. After all' date=' the wiki can be taken down, & then all that nicely aggregated intel is lost. Best to hedge our bets.

[/quote']

Well, there are things that could be done here to enforce more accurate information.

One simple way is to just enforce a posts cap on threads, like the official Bethesda forums do. That way, if a thread still has interest after it hits the post cap, a new one will be created and the OP will almost certainly be updated with the current and most relevant information.

It will also ensure that so long as there are people interested in a particular topic or mod, there will always be someone maintaining the thread, otherwise the thread will get locked and fall into the archives.

I still think we can't let the fact that there's a wiki lull us into thinking the forum section doesn't need improvements in those areas either. After all' date=' the wiki can be taken down, & then all that nicely aggregated intel is lost. Best to hedge our bets.[/quote']

Well, there are things that could be done here to enforce more accurate information.

One simple way is to just enforce a posts cap on threads, like the official Bethesda forums do. That way, if a thread still has interest after it hits the post cap, a new one will be created and the OP will almost certainly be updated with the current and most relevant information.

It will also ensure that so long as there are people interested in a particular topic or mod, there will always be someone maintaining the thread, otherwise the thread will get locked and fall into the archives.

Yeah I was thinking of having maybe 2 threads for each Plugin, one with the file & all the update posts only by the author or people updating the mod and another for support whatever.

But maybe a wiki will help too, I\ll get over there and join up soon.

Like, I had everything all neatly numbered and whatnot, showed up nicely in the preview, and then I published it and it came out all

1. do this

1. do that

1. do the other

-----1.note

-----1.note2

-----1.note3

1. do this thing

So I had to go back and re-edit each section individually and that seems to have worked. But man, what a pain.

Oh wow thank you iron jack...I might do another reinstall now with your instructions and give pregnancy and sexout store a spin. I've been refraining from trying them out because of the amount of stuff it uses from different mods and figured I would bork it up pretty hard.

Hmm...the link for gsbmodders bdsm stuff in the scr kit does not work if you click it on the wikia page. It works If i clicked the link in the scr resorces forum post, so I tried editing a new link in but still the same issue. It works if you copy past the link to yer browser though.

I'm thinking the installation guide for SCR should actually be on the SCR plugin page itself (which doesn't exist yet).

Probably a good idea. Feel free to copypasta it wherever appropriate. I'm not too keen on writing up plugin info pages, but I like writing install guides. :)

Lol, it's a hell of an install process, that's for sure.

edit: By the way, to fix the mysteriously-not-working Mediafire link to GSBmodders' BDSM pack, I just linked instead to the post here on LL where he links it.

Maybe mediafire doesn't like hits coming from wikia? I don't know, all the other (non-mediafire) external links seem to work fine afaik.