CTD worse after trying NVAC and ENBoost

No.

Or delete CM

CM Partners have no good scripts. Without it your game will be more stable.

Spoiler

If you now a little bit about Modding you can keep the CM companion esp and delete only the CM Partners.esm.

In the esp you must delete the masterfiles (CM Partners.esm) and all things from the esm,  AI packages, scripts, ....

Add one new AI Package to the NPCs ( stay at editor location  or   wander near editor location. )

Then you just have a NPC at the original location and you use MCS (MadCompanionSpell) to get and give orders to the companion.

And have you cleaned your mods ( esp and esm) with TES4Edit ?

And of course start a new game after you have changed your Load order. Old bugs can be in the save.

10 hours ago, fejeena said:

No.

Or delete CM

CM Partners have no good scripts. Without it your game will be more stable.

Reveal hidden contents

If you now a little bit about Modding you can keep the CM companion esp and delete only the CM Partners.esm.

In the esp you must delete the masterfiles (CM Partners.esm) and all things from the esm,  AI packages, scripts, ....

Add one new AI Package to the NPCs ( stay at editor location  or   wander near editor location. )

Then you just have a NPC at the original location and you use MCS (MadCompanionSpell) to get and give orders to the companion.

And have you cleaned your mods ( esp and esm) with TES4Edit ?

And of course start a new game after you have changed your Load order. Old bugs can be in the save.

Yes, mods cleaned with TES4edit...but two mods (Tonas Mod Store and one armor mod) still being reported as dirty even after cleaning.

Would it work better with a fresh game too use updated CM Partners here : https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/33739

But instead of using the CM Partner commands, use the MCS mod ?

You are best off getting rid of CM Partners completely. Get rid of all mods you dont use completely. Sort with Boss. Start fresh new game with a new character. Old saves are clogged up with old scripts from removed mods. If you use MCS, read many of the comments. There are some newer versions of esps that got translated near the end of its thread that may or may not be in the original post.

You have oco patches  and a bashed patch in your load order. A bashed patch is very helpful. It is especially helpful regarding oco. Those patches may or may not be doing anything at all or may be making things worse. Some may be for oco 1 and some may be for oco 2. You would have to take a good look in tes4edit to see if they are being helpful or not. I personally use oco v2 and a bashed patch and have yet to see a need for any oco patches. I had one minor issue with tamago born kids and I fixed that by removing the texture that was getting placed on their heads.

updated CM Partners ?  from 2010 ?

The esp are cleaned but still the bad CM scripts.

And I thought you have cleaned your Mods?

Many people still use CM partner.

It was only a tip to deactivate CM and test if you game crash less.

So first deactivate all CM esm and esp in the Mod manager.

Then start a new game and test if the have less CTDs.

If you still have the same number of CTDs you can continue to use CM.

But better use MCS

You start TES4Edit and delete in all CM esp the CM partner masterfile.

Then you close TES4Edit.

Then you delete the CM partner esm

And then you load the CM esp again with TES4Edit and delte all errors in the esp ( you can use the function " check for errors" )

Then you add the the NPCs one AI package.  ( the vanilla aaaDefaultExploreEditorLoc512  or  aaaDefaultStayAtEditorLocation.  Or you create new AI Packages in the esp )

close TES4Edit.

Now you have NPCs without any CM stuff. And you use MCS to recruit and command the NPCs.

----------------------

And you must start a new game !!! You have changed your whole load order, cleaned esp, removed OBSE plugins, ....  Then you should really start a new game.

If you add and delete 1-2 Mods then you do not start a new game.

EDIT:  yes, have you rebuild your Bashed patch? You must do it every time you change your load order.

OK, I am going to have to do this and start a new game.  I have always cleaned the mods, but TES4edit does not clean Tona's Mod store for some reason. I always update Bashed patch as well.

I am going to attempt to do what you mention about creating NPCs without the CM Partners scripts and removing anything I'm not actively using. I was hoping to salvage my current game, but I'm not sure that's possible. ☹️

The only real thing you really must salvage from any save file is your character's facegen. Shame if you had any irreplicable data such as specific hiyoko.... buuuuut I guess you could redo most of your history stuff again.

That tona mod compilation doesn't have any problem iirc. Nothing can go wrong. I have it enabled all the time. Usually such clothing/npc/place mods are not capable of damaing save files.

And something is weird about Dynamic Map... because I've been using it for years too. Without any serious problem. The only time it generates runtime errors is when I started a new game, and I know why and even where it happens. It's just a null array issue due to coding oversight, it's harmless and should go away as soon as you save and load once.

You should start a new game.

Not install the game again. You must start with a new character because all old bugs are in your old save !!!!!

At least test with a new character if the game works with less CTDs. 

If there is no difference in the frequency of CTDs with new and old character you can use the old save.

( But maybe you will have other problems and CTDs next week or month, because of old bugs in your save file .  With all the changes you did since your first post you really should start a new character ! I know it is shit if you have played some month and lose everything... but better now as if you play another month and then you notice some bugs that make parts of the game unplayable.  But your decision. Maybe you have luck with the old save )

19 hours ago, fejeena said:

You should start a new game.

Not install the game again. You must start with a new character because all old bugs are in your old save !!!!!

At least test with a new character if the game works with less CTDs. 

If there is no difference in the frequency of CTDs with new and old character you can use the old save.

( But maybe you will have other problems and CTDs next week or month, because of old bugs in your save file .  With all the changes you did since your first post you really should start a new character ! I know it is shit if you have played some month and lose everything... but better now as if you play another month and then you notice some bugs that make parts of the game unplayable.  But your decision. Maybe you have luck with the old save )

Good point. It is a gamble to continue with the current game. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2019 at 5:47 PM, InigoMontoya8675309 said:

But instead of using the CM Partner commands, use the MCS mod ?

Probably an answer too late since its november, but in spring this year i modified cm partners into what i called "Liberated CM partners" where all the partners are added separately with each plugin (cm more npcs, cm extra npcs, etc) and all their packages and abilites are added to their own npc. There are no cm commands at all, just the npcs and their abilites and packages, but free from cm partners.esm and .esp. They are just free npcs waiting for you in their usual places. To recruit them you need MCS or Share and recruit or Plunder or  something similar. I havent uploaded it yet because im not sure its 100% ok and i forgot i made it (i found it again last week)

I can send it to you if you want

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2019 at 6:23 PM, kukenmellantuttarna said:

Probably an answer too late since its november, but in spring this year i modified cm partners into what i called "Liberated CM partners" where all the partners are added separately with each plugin (cm more npcs, cm extra npcs, etc) and all their packages and abilites are added to their own npc. There are no cm commands at all, just the npcs and their abilites and packages, but free from cm partners.esm and .esp. They are just free npcs waiting for you in their usual places. To recruit them you need MCS or Share and recruit or Plunder or  something similar. I havent uploaded it yet because im not sure its 100% ok and i forgot i made it (i found it again last week)

I can send it to you if you want

I appreciate the offer!  But I've never really had any difficulties with CM Partner.  If I were starting from a clean install, I'd definitely go with MCS, since that seems to be preferred.  But right now, I'm running really well with my current mods/load order and don't want to rock the boat.

Archived