mrrakkon's Sims (and stuff)

31 minutes ago, BokyS said:

Hi, first of all I got to say I love your sims and videos you make of them. I downloaded good bunch of them and all seem to work perfectly but Christa Huff and Sabrina Kane. When I put them in CAS they spawn in with ?? marks as skin and clothes are not right(I get the error of missing CC). I don't know what could be causing something like this on just those 2 specific sims, I tried redownloading them and carefully installing them but that didn't seem to help. If you have any idea what might cause this please let me know.

A mesh is missing. Are you sure you downloaded the most recent versions of the characters?

1 hour ago, Santana-Red said:

@BokyS

This exact problem came up before, turned out it was missing the cleavage mesh. Download it and check if it's still happening. If that's not the problem then start unchecking the skin details one by one till you find out what's causing the problem.

43 minutes ago, TriggerBlade said:

A mesh is missing. Are you sure you downloaded the most recent versions of the characters?

Thank you both, I downloaded the mesh but it wasn't that. So then I looked into skin details and truly there was a really obvious one with the icon of texture "??" so when I removed it everything was fine. Thank you for the help!

!Hey here's a heads-up, and it's a bit of a bummer!

The latest (Patreon) update of WickedWhims killed my tongue piercing accessory due to changing the bones and such of the WW tongue (the rig has been changed in order to implement an animated vagina and anus for future animations, which necessitated these changes to the tongue). Because of that you're best of just deleting that accessory which you will have gotten from various sims who use it. The following packages are the relevant ones to delete 

[mrrakkonn] Tongue Piercing, Redheadsims mesh.package

[mrrakkonn] Tongue Piercing, alternate slot1.package

[mrrakkonn] Tongue Piercing, alternate slot2.package

Furthermore, the new tongue does not align with sims' heights. Though support seems like it will be added to be able to manually adjust the position. But for now for anyone using the height slider I use (or any height slider, this is not connected with WW height slider support) tongues will not align with sims' mouths. 

Edited by mrrakkonn
1 hour ago, mrrakkonn said:

The latest (Patreon) update of WickedWhims killed my tongue piercing accessory due to changing the bones and such of the WW tongue (the rig has been changed in order to implement an animated vagina and anus for future animations, which necessitated these changes to the tongue). Because of that you're best of just deleting that accessory which you will have gotten from various sims who use it. The following packages are the relevant ones to delete 

Furthermore, the new tongue does nto align with sims' heights. Though support seems like it will be added to be able to manually adjust the position. But for now for anyone using the height slider I use (or any height slider, this is not connected with WW height slider support) tongues will not align with sims' mouths. 

well that fn sucks since I use it for a lot of my sims..   Thanks for the heads up, but...hold up animated Vag and anus!?  that's going to be so fn cool!

Thankfully its just for the Patreon version of WW and not the one that's hosted here. Maybe it will be fixed/some compatibility update will happen for the Patreon users before its publicly available.

Apparently the most recent build has this issue too and any custom tongues will need to be deleted including NANDONG Tongue and [Noir and Dark Sims 4] Head Replacement with Realistic Tongue for AF.

Edited by ProximaMidnight
4 hours ago, ProximaMidnight said:

Thankfully its just for the Patreon version of WW and not the one that's hosted here. Maybe it will be fixed/some compatibility update will happen for the Patreon users before its publicly available.

Apparently the most recent build has this issue too and any custom tongues will need to be deleted including NANDONG Tongue and [Noir and Dark Sims 4] Head Replacement with Realistic Tongue for AF.

those head replacements have been obsolete for well over a year, maybe two. Should have been deleted long ago as they were not needed. 

My tongue piercing accessory will not be fixed by the way as the sim rig (and the tongue's animation bones) itself has changed. The piercing itself would have to be updated for the new tongue, that might be a bit simpler said than done as the tongue works as is works a bit differently than you expect now, which is why it now longer will align with the mouth of sims using height sliders, that issue though looks like it might be fixed or at least alleviated going forwards. 

Edited by mrrakkonn
On 6/5/2022 at 2:33 AM, BokyS said:

Thank you both, I downloaded the mesh but it wasn't that. So then I looked into skin details and truly there was a really obvious one with the icon of texture "??" so when I removed it everything was fine. Thank you for the help!

Hey there,

I have the same problem with them. Where you find that icon of texture? You mean in CAS or by the wicked options? I didn't find anything similar

Alright, I haven't updated yet myself as I'm waiting to see how things shake out, but I'm hearing that this latest patch has managed to break the functionality of most custom sliders. The changes made with them still stick when you have them in your mods folder, but many now seem to just conflict with and partly disable base game slider functionaltiy (with their own functionality being gone). 

This is incredibly frustrating, many people who've made sliders are inactive and it's not a given that all of them will be updated now or ever. Hopefully some solution can be found here, but this might end up being incredibly rough...

Some skin and hair mods have also been broken, according to threads on the official forums. I know that Hannah Albright now has 2 broken CC, but I had only just installed her into my save so I don't know if that is new. I know one of them was a Remus Sirion CC, but I can't remember the other one, apart from it being a facial detail of some kind.

Link to the Sims forum thread here.

15 minutes ago, DeathRowe said:

Some skin and hair mods have also been broken, according to threads on the official forums. I know that Hannah Albright now has 2 broken CC, but I had only just installed her into my save so I don't know if that is new. I know one of them was a Remus Sirion CC, but I can't remember the other one, apart from it being a facial detail of some kind.

Link to the Sims forum thread here.

Broken how? What CC? As mentioned I have not updated the game yet, so I won't be able to check for myself yet. I will defintiely be holding off on updatign for as long as I'm able to until I can be reasonably sure of the damage and what ends up getting fixed and what will just have to be dropped. 

38 minutes ago, mrrakkonn said:

Broken how? What CC? As mentioned I have not updated the game yet, so I won't be able to check for myself yet. I will defintiely be holding off on updatign for as long as I'm able to until I can be reasonably sure of the damage and what ends up getting fixed and what will just have to be dropped. 

One became a full-body red and white checkerboard pattern, and the other became a full-body black checkerboard. If I can figure out how to use TrayImporter again I will see if I can't get a specific name for them.

Okay, the CC on SkinDetailDimpleLeft, says it is mrrakkonn_Rheall_qwertysims_yuSkinDetail_MoleLtLip_20180709 (really long string of numbers after)

And OccultLeftCheek, mrrakkonn_RemusSirion_RemusSirion_yfTattoo_TorsoFrontUpperHeart_20191209 (also a long string after)

I made a merge pack of all new CC when I installed her files, so it isn't telling me the actual name of the original package. Hopefully the slot on CAS will help.

Edited by DeathRowe
clarification

Yeah you're missing some dependent items. At some point it turned out that cloned CC I made with S4S required the orginal package as well to work, but did not show up as dependent when I grabbed stuff from Tray Importer. Did you grab the shared CC folder? I'm pretty sure the details you need should be there. I'm also near 100% sure this issue is not related to the latest patch.

Edited by mrrakkonn
55 minutes ago, DarkAudit said:

Morph Maker has updated, so it shouldn't be long before we get lots of slider updates.

Okay. That actually appears to be remarkably simple, I'll give it a week or so to see what sliders are updated by their creators and then I'll just update all the remaining ones myself and add update the shared CC folder. 

Edited by mrrakkonn

Okay. So I accidentally updated my game, and therefore ended up doing things a bit early. 

I've reuploaded the Shared CC folder with with fixed/updated versions of the custom sliders used.

You should definitely delete the sliders you previously had from this (do note that the new version of Cmar's sliders have a different name, v3 instead of v2, and take care not to end up with both the new and the old one in your folder) and then extract the contents of this archive to your mods folder. 

Edited by mrrakkonn
40 minutes ago, MERU the Succubus said:

Does anyone know what this is?

image.png.bafd41661956cbceaddd23423f363b5b.png

That's my tongue piercing accessory. It's broken with the new WW rig and changes to the animation bones for the tongue. See this earlier post. Delete the packages mentioned. There is no other way, sorry. 

On 6/6/2022 at 8:18 PM, mrrakkonn said:

Furthermore, the new tongue does not align with sims' heights. Though support seems like it will be added to be able to manually adjust the position. But for now for anyone using the height slider I use (or any height slider, this is not connected with WW height slider support) tongues will not align with sims' mouths. 

Okay so this is embarassing! It was brought to my attention that most of the sliders in the archive still had old dates for when they were last changed, I initially just brushed it off as I was sure I had updated them, but then it got to nagging me and it appears I had made a mistake with the upload.

So I've reuploaded part 1 of the shared CC which contains the sliders. I don't believe there should have been any damage done with the earlier version as sliders were really mostly only broken in being unuseable, and a good half or more of the sliders didn't seem like they were broken in the first place. But here's one where I made sure that everything that coudl be updated has been. 

Sorry about this ?

3 hours ago, mrrakkonn said:

Okay so this is embarassing! It was brought to my attention that most of the sliders in the archive still had old dates for when they were last changed, I initially just brushed it off as I was sure I had updated them, but then it got to nagging me and it appears I had made a mistake with the upload.

So I've reuploaded part 1 of the shared CC which contains the sliders. I don't believe there should have been any damage done with the earlier version as sliders were really mostly only broken in being unuseable, and a good half or more of the sliders didn't seem like they were broken in the first place. But here's one where I made sure that everything that coudl be updated has been. 

Sorry about this ?

This may be a stupid question, but feel like it should be asked.  It appears that you re-uploaded all of your files with this CC update.  Do we need to update the sims & families we use to work with these slider updates as well?