I have run into a bit of a snag. I want to adjust a beth mesh out of the BSA. "Ok Rev, that's easy." you say. Sure unless the mesh in question won't open in nifskope. I have never got blender to work so nifskope is my way. 

The mesh in question is; 

ruinedpathwayshort01.nif

Any chance of some modeler doing me a solid? I am obviously asking for a fix here..

A mod that does not open in NifSkope will crash the game.

If it is a working nif it opens in NifSkope.

And what you want to do ?   Change the textures path?

And do you have the path of the nif so I can find it in my bsa.

3 hours ago, fejeena said:

Maybe your unpacker is shit.

Use Oblivion Modmanger ( or TES modmanger )

The nif works fine in NifSkope.

I have BSA Unpacker. It has worked fine plenty. But twice now it has had problem for Beth meshes. I grabbed the one TDA posted.  I'll try OBMM next time, as I already have it. 

Thanks to you both :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, today I dl'ed Nifskope 2.0.dev7, it's very nice. However, I am having trouble figuring out what is going wrong for me. I am familiar with Nifskope, but this latest version is a bit different. It opens bsa files and I believe it can work with ANY Bethesda mesh. Enclosed in the following attachment are the 2 ingredient nifs I can't get to work properly. They just fall through everything under them, table to the ground and under that too! They worked before I saved them in the new nifskope, I just wanted to change the texture path. The whale meat did get a new collision mesh though, because it shrunk somehow.

The weapon is an experiment I have been working on. I am trying to basically combine a mace with a torch. Preferably not on fire or casting light until it is readied, as opposed to when it is just being equiped. 

Current Project.zip

Edit; 

I just tested the ingredients in game and... well let's just say they definitely don't work as is. 

Fejeena if you are reading this,  yes, i used the tutorial you pm'ed to me... It helped but this nifskope is weird. 

Does anyone know what is the best nifskope for oblivion? I don't mod Skyrim, but I so mod Morrowind. So I don't need pasted the last best version for oblivion. 

You did not used my tutorial !!!

You must set both lines to OL_CLUTTER.  You have set one to OL_CLUTTER  and the other to OL_STATIC.

You walemeat does not have a collision , so it drop to the ground.

You see in the original the blue lines arround the object, that is the collision. Missing in your nif. You did more than only change the textures path.

Use the origial nif and change only the path and it will work!

wale1.jpg

The revDefiledBonemeal has collision but  the wrong setting ( one OL_CLUTTER  and the other to OL_STATIC. )

The weapon/torch   !!!!! FUCK !!! you textures path starts with C games\....   ???? why ???

And what do you want ? A weapon with flames ?

Or a torch that looks like a weapon . You nif now is a torch, it is set as torch  and you can never use it as a weapon.

Here  torch that looks like a weapon

weaponTorch02.nif

Can not be used as weapon ! And like a torch it has the flame when you equip it.

-----------------------

I use a old Nifkpoe 1.0.22

I swear I set them both to OL_CLUTTER. The whale meat does have a collision mesh; 

IMG_20190811_202404.thumb.jpg.47cdbb732a09a9d98874f711741f790b.jpg

But for some reason it keeps shrinking back to tiny. Hence all the extra work to the original crab meat mesh. It always worked before though. But I don't think this new nifskope is good for me. 

That torch seems really useful for my mage/thief actually! I think the weapon may need scripted instead. 

Weapon and torch

The nif have a NiStringExtraData  and is is set to torch OR SideWeapon/BackWeapon,  but not both!

And the  position of a weapon and a torch is different, you can nou just change torch to SideWeapon and use the same nif for both items.

You need tow different nif.  So use a weapon and a torch nif ( can bothe look like a mace )  and put both items in your inventory. 

If you want only one item in your Inventory: A script can not know if you want a weapon or a torch when you equip. The one item is in the weapon section OR in the misc item section in your inventory.

So your idea is not possible.  You can create a weapon with light / fire.

-------------------------

Oh yes I found your collision, you are right . But it is  a tiny point in the nif. It should have the size of the nif. Too tiny so it falls through objects and ground ( or the wrong OL_CLUTTER  setting)

Why not use the original ?  If you want it bigger, Scale 0 NiNode . And do NOT use "Apply"

--------------

EDIT:  shure you want it that big?  x10 size ?

Ok, here with your textures path

EDIT : WAS WRONG NIF ! ! !  here the right nif. Old was without "Tangent space " ( they are also missing in the original. Always fix that with NifSkope )

revwhalemeat.nif

Weapon/torch;

I did manage to get it to be a weapon on fire once, but no light. And it acted like a static, but I could pick it up and use it. But if I dropped it,it would hang in mid air and was unable to be picked back up. I got the idea randomly but couldn't find anything like it. Figuring it was probably not possible, of course I had to try... 

Whale meat; 

This is why I didn't want to use the original; 

IMG_20190811_215425.thumb.jpg.a33cc4b608a20fd0f21ef71b6c9dbff2.jpg

It's just so sloppy and performed badly. And when I scaled it the results were also wonky. So i stripped the collision and made a new one. It worked but wouldn't retain the collision resize no matter what I tried. It was only supposed to be sized from 1 to 2. I swear this nifskope changes things somehow. I'm not this bad really...

I will check out NifSkope 1.1.3., I don't do work with .obj's. Does it access bsa's? 

Edit;

Which version of 1.1.3? There are 5...

https://github.com/niftools/nifskope/releases/tag/nifskope-1.1.3

No it doesn't read bsa. Textures need to be loose. I used to have a temporary texture override path (specifically for NifSkope) to solve this little problem... but now I have unpacked all my bsa files.

And I only see one version...

The .rpm files are for Red Hat/CentOS/Fedora-line Linux, one for x86 and one for x86_64.

The .app file is for MacOS.

The .zip package is probably the portable version for Windows.

I don't know what the .tar.bz2 one does but probably not for Windows as tarball is very uncommon there (likely the portable version for Mac).

The other .zip and .tar.gz one are source code.

You only need the .exe one.

It's a little bit complicated matter. Two concerns: read performance and... uhh... manageability(?).

About read performance:

• If your game is on a hard disk, you *may* get a shorter loading time with compressed bsa archives (up to 5-something compression level). Or may not. It's tough to tell for sure.
  • If your game is on a hard disk, but your system memory is bigger than your entire game size (which is possible but a bit unlikely), so that the entire game assets can fit in your Windows disk cache, you're better off not compressing them. Either uncompressed bsa archives or just loose files.
  • If your game is on a remotely-modern ssd (anything including and after those require sata3 interface, those with at least 500MB/s-ish sequential read), you can unpack all of them and you'll get shorter loading time.

About managing the files inside them:

• If you're using OBMM-ish, note that OBMM doesn't handle installation order - it's up to you. So if you unpack the stock bsa's and repack their contents as omod, it should be the very first "mod" you install. Kind of a pain... and (my personal experience) OBMM sometimes loses track of installed data files, not nice.
  • If you're on Wrye Bash, you're good to go ahead.

How exactly does one scale the bhkConvexVerticesShape of a nif? I thought it was supposed to be a 'linked' action when scaling the NiTriStrips? And can anyone explain what this means;1565636406402-1254556584.thumb.jpg.d9edd5c8eb1c610a15a3710ebcac3012.jpg

It seems to be where I'm having trouble with this new nifskope. I tried 1.1.3., it seems limited. I liked 2.0.0.5, but it had issues dealing with Beth meshes. I found a work around using X-blender 2.49b, but that's annoying. I really like 2.0 Dev7 though, and I hope to figure out the way yo make it work. I'm probably gonna have to go back to 2.0.0.5 :/

Edit; 

Sorry for the shitty pic. 

Collision objects' shape is often roughly based on their triBasedGeom object, but technically has nothing to do with them, so it's not exactly linked. I don't know if you can scale bhkConvexVerticesShape at all in NifSkope. You can scale some other collision types but for this I don't see anything that scales only the convex shape leaving the "linked" model alone.

If you didn't know, there's a Windows built-in utility named Snipping Tool. A convenient one. One of my most-used builtins seconding to notepad and calc...

Regarding the bsa thing; 

I have a '19 1tb ssd, file reading wise my computer is like lightning! I use wrye bash, but I manually install everything. I had trouble early on with omods and such.

Regarding nifskope; 

This is some of my finest work; 

newbucketforplant.nifnewpotbucket.nif

textures.zip

That is to say in game, they perform very well. Don't give me any crap about the texture file paths. It was before I knew about it, and I didn't want to screw them up with my current nifskope issues. They are for MrPwner's Marijuana Mod World Edition. But I couldn't get permission to release an update with them and some fixes. The collision mesh is from the tanbowl01 or something. That collision was fully translatable, all in nifskope. 

Snipping tool is now snip and sketch apparently. Thanks for the heads up :)

Have you checked my whalemeat nif ? I scaled it and the collision is better ( not so much bigger as the object )

And in your not working whale meat you use the same collision. If you do not like it why not change it ? Add box shape.

----------

If you drop a object and it stuck in the air the collision is wrong. Maybe no mass ?

have you tested my nif ? it have added light and flame.  !!!  You must set the light in the CS ( color and radius )

Do not know if a weapon can have light. It can have flames.

Whale Meat;

Yes I did check it. It's better than mine... Gonna work with it.  There are some subtle differences between our collision parts. Mine has some numbers missing, I tried yo copy them from crabmeat but it didn't work. This new nifskope doesn't make havok meshes right for objects. It says something about it in that pic I last posted. The box shape is a nice idea too though. I hope I'm not annoying everyone with all of this. I get this way when frustrated, just trying to learn. 

Weapon/torch;

I have just been busy trying to sort this ingredient thing out. So I can get back to work. It's so stupid and all I need to finish for the overhaul of the creatures mod. Gonna check it out now... 

21 hours ago, movomo said:

I don't know if you can scale bhkConvexVerticesShape at all in NifSkope.

Fejeena had already provided the answer but I missed it until today...

"If you want it bigger, Scale 0 NiNode . And do NOT use "Apply"."

It works! 

Why a bhkListShape? You have only one Shape.

Why bhkConvexTransformShape?  You have bhkRigidBodyT, so you can move the collision. ( A bhkRigidBody is not moveable, but with the T it is . You can set the position of the collision )

I do not know why it bounce.  (There was BBB Mod at nexus. Better Bouncing Bread, was funny )

I create a new Nif with with exactly the size of your whale meat.

revWhaleMeat2.nif

rename it and test it.

Archived