Can anyone suggest some games?

I want to play something new but i'm very particular about what i play, so i'm asking for help. I'm after four types of game.

I want a highly emotional game. I want to care about the characters and be moved to tears by the events of the game.

I want a scary game. I don't mean a shock game or a game filled with sudden cheap scares, i want to be scared just moving around, i want something unsettling.

I want a fantasy game. I want choice, i don't want a LotR or D&D derivative world and i'm not overly fond of real-time with pause combat.

I want a sci-fi game. I don't want to play an American or someone who talks like an American, i don't want it set in America and if it's set outside of Earth i don't want characters constantly going on about how important Earth is (unless directly related to the main story).

Single player and playable on Wii, 360 or PC please.

To be honest i don't hold out much hope of seeing something new but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Thanks all.

You can find video of these games I list below on the internet.

I want a highly emotional game. I want to care about the characters and be moved to tears by the events of the game.

Halo 4 ending' date=' that is all I am saying on that front.

I want a scary game. I don't mean a shock game or a game filled with sudden cheap scares, i want to be scared just moving around, i want something unsettling.

DOOM 3

I want a fantasy game. I want choice, i don't want a LotR or D&D derivative world and i'm not overly fond of real-time with pause combat.

Final Fantasy XII << Explore maps

Final Fantasy XIII << You have to wait until the character prepares the skill for them use it but it is still great gameplay (Wait gauge but gets really tricky)

Final Fantasy XIII - 2 << The squeal to Final Fantasy XIII, I would play the first one to see if you like it.

Dynasty warriors series is another good one.

Kingdoms under fire series (Move squads after the map and attack others, if the player's squad getting attacked you control your character and the rest of the squad fights on its own.)

I want a sci-fi game. I don't want to play an American or someone who talks like an American, i don't want it set in America and if it's set outside of Earth i don't want characters constantly going on about how important Earth is (unless directly related to the main story).

X Universe series such as X3: Terran Conflict. A open ended sandbox game done from first person shooting view or from behind camera, it a storyline and scenarios which after completed turn the game to open ended. Mods will make the game more challenging by making the AI more advanced.

You can build your own fleet of ships and space stations which you can land on. If you want to try it buy X3 Reunion which you can pick up pretty cheap.

It does refer to Earth in some parts but that is because Earth is Terran Conflict as being able to go there and is involved in that game's story.

Walking of the Dead by Telltale games. This one's a tear jerker.

Amnesia The Dark Descent. You'll shit your pants with this one :D

Fatal Frame 4 for the Wii, not as scary as the first two but still scary non the less.

Silent Hill 2,3,4 for the PC and Shattered Memories for the Wii, these right here are damn right disturbing....

Edit: Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil Zero and Resident Evil Remake for the GameCube, you can play it on your Wii.

I highly recommend Zelda Twilight Princess and Zelda Skyward Sword for the Wii. DarkSiders 1 and 2. Journey for the PS3, its a work of art :heart:

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot that the Wii can play GameCube games. Let me see... There's Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia.

Haven't really played much sci-fi games myself. You could try the Mass Effect series.

Edit: Forgot about Deus Ex :P. You could try that too.

First off, rereading my first post that last bit comes across as aggressive and a wee bit racist, sorry about that i'm going to blame my dyslexia. When i say no to American characters i actually mean certain personalities found predominantly in North American games, i don't like the posturing wannabe "double-hard bastards", the satirical foul-mouths and the whole ooo-rah military stuff.

windpl.

I yawned my way through Bioshock 2 and i'm torn on Dishonoured. Is it typical steampunk (gears do not make steampunk) or is it Victorian sci-fi? As an Englishman am i going to find the game overly "American" or a twee representation of the period?

Ark of Truth.

Never really liked Halo, but seeing as it's a new dev team i might give it a go. Doom 3 had a good atmosphere but i remember it being mostly shock rather than terror, but i do know someone with the BFG edition so maybe i'll get a shottie.

I've actually been playing Warriors Orochi 3 and Xenoblade chronicles solidly the last week and have been contemplating getting the DLC for FFXIII-2 and having another go at that. The problem is that i want to play a western style fantasy rpg in a JRPG style setting, the only one that i can think of is Jade Empire which i've played to death.

I do actually have X2 and X3 floating about, no idea why i haven't played them.

Vergil097.

Never seen/read/fondled anything to do with the Walking Dead, all i know about it is zombies, might be worth a look.

I played the demo of Amnesia and it was atmospheric certainly but it felt structured, that you were being led between shocks and i didn't pop for the amnesiac element, what incentive do i have to find who i am when he's likely a bellend (yes i am a miserable bastard). Also it properly pissed up my motion sickness.

Zero/Project Zero/Fatal Frame- Got one, two and three but four apparently doesn't exsist in the U.K. which is utter bollocks.

Eternal darkness doesn't ring any bells so i'll have a look for that. Got both Wii Resi's, not scary as such but solid games.

I played the demo for the very first Silent hill back on the PS1 and then never played or saw anything from them, although Amazon says that there is a HD collection available, looks like solid purchase.

Of all the fantasy games you listed the only one i've played is a demo for one of the Darksiders games , not impressed too much of the whole Warhammer vibe for me. But i'll see if i can get the other games, I'm thinking that this is going to cost far more than i first thought.

Got Deus Ex, Invisible War and Human Revolution. HR suffers from being a fan-wank over the earlier games, there really is nothing new to it, IW was played to death and DE only worked that first time i played after that it just felt flat, also not big on the conspiricy stuff (probably why i don't like Assassins Creed).

Got the ME games, one was ok, didn't much like the party members, after which they very much became the posturing scrotes and foul-mouthed morons that i don't like.

FEAR - (Name of the game) Scared the living shit outta me. After playing it the first night I was literally too scared to go try a second time. True story.

Yea, the first game was pretty bad ass. I too played at night and it really creeped the shit out of me. I played for just short of an hour before I quit and continued it during the day light hours (was still creepy but far less than at night.

Dead Space (the first one) did the same damn thing to me.

First off' date=' rereading my first post that last bit comes across as aggressive and a wee bit racist, sorry about that i'm going to blame my dyslexia. When i say no to American characters i actually mean certain personalities found predominantly in North American games, i don't like the posturing wannabe "double-hard bastards", the satirical foul-mouths and the whole ooo-rah military stuff.[/quote']

I can certainly understand your dislike, what you are describing is something like why I myself avoid Asian games. Asian male characters are so god damned overly emo that they make Edward Cullen look like John Wayne. It appears to be to much to ask for a character to have a well balanced personality.

The only emotional part about Far Cry 3 is when you get reunited with Daisy, that's about it :P

Dead Space, pick that one up if you haven't.

Glad to know some played the Fatal Frame series, really creepy game. Oh yea, I'm in love with the protagonists lol :D

Since you have a Wii, you should pick up Xenoblade Chronicles. Had fun with that one.

Guest Lady Luck

I want to play something new but i'm very particular about what i play, so i'm asking for help. I'm after four types of game.

- Dues Ex : human evolution [ something new to RPG/STealth game genre]

- Rise of nation [ Total RTS game mixture civilization and EE]

- Anno Series [ Hardest and totally new Genre RTS title ]

- Overlord game [ Seriously Funny series i love the game]

- Fable 2? [ fable 2 is a great game but unfortunately the 3rd one isnt]

- System shock 1/2 [ Classic FPS game i forgot what genre is this]

- Postal [ A game that got banned but just for lols if you bored]

- War of the ring : Battle for middle earth [ SEriously awosome game]

- Might and magic of heroes Series [ pick latest one]

- Settlers 2012 [ the latest one will have major change from old one]

- Hitman trilogy [ get this will have 3 games from older series]

- Time splitter [ Seriously fun game on PS2 era]

- Splinter Cell [ another well fun kinda stealth game]

- Max payne 1-2 [ older game is best!]

- Max payne 3

- Red dead redemption

( there isn't any game that will make you cry lol )

- Fatal Frame Series

- F.E.A.R

- Silent Hill

- REC* [ original game based of movie]

- Resident Evil

- Amnesia : Dark Descent

- Slander Man!

- Dead space

- Left4Dead

- Dead island

- System shock II

- Alice Madness Returns

- Indigo Prophecy/Fharenheit

- Doom 3

- Penumbra series

- Half Life 2 episode II [ there's a stage that will scare the shit out of you ]

all i can think off is rpg will fit your definition pick one

- Final fantasy series

- Kingdom Hearts

- Dungeons and dragons

- Dragons lair

- Dragon dogma [ laidback boring game lol]

- Shinning Force III - II

- Chrono Chross

- Legend of Dragoon [ PS1 game seriously good fantasy RPG game]

- Gears of War

- Time splitters

- Chronicles of riddick

- Star wars game

- Star Trek games

- Too Human!

- Halo series

- Enemy xcom

- Doom 3 BFG

- Wulfsthei'n 2012/Wolfenstien combined nazi and science fiction

- Steel Battalion " Rare game that cost expensive Science fiction genre"

- Destroy all humans [ ps2 mischevious alien where you take over the earth]

- gundam Series

- Armored core series

Single player and playable on Wii, 360 or PC please.

To be honest i don't hold out much hope of seeing something new but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Thanks all.

- Assasins Creed 1-3

- Far cry 3

- Soldier of fortune : payback

- Fallout 3

- Oblivion

- Skyrim

- street fighter x tekken

- Street fighter 4 AE

- Street fighter

- Tekken 6/5

- Tekken Tag tournemant Ver2

- Bayonetta Classic

- Devil may cry series

- Metal Gear solid : Special ops Collection

- Virtua fighter 5

- Mortal Kombat Series

- Xbox live Arcade game [ DLC only]

- Skull girls

- Guilty Gear XX Collection

- Metal Slug collection

- King of fighters XII

- Madden NFL

- Fifa games

- Need for Speed series

- Burn out series

- Tony Hawk pro skater series

- Sk8te

- WWE smackdown Vs raw 2010 -2012

- UFC undisputed

- Hitman Absolution

- Fight night Round

some of the best games i played idk if that meet your list so i putt all list that relate with your thread.

Journey for the PS3' date=' its a work of art :heart:

[/quote']

God, I love this one. The art style, the music, the only game I can compare it too is Shadow of The Colossus, also a work of art.

Still playing it today. Theres no other game quite like it.

Which reminds me, when the Hells is the Last Guardian going to be released!?

Guest Lady Luck

lol everytime i play shadow of collosus after the 3rd one man im just lost on that game and complete utter confusion and the game just ends there sadly it was an amazing game what skyrim needs to learn is the game like that.

Guest Lady Luck

lol u mad bro? , there's so many ways we can defined SOTC has same feel like skyrim , epic music , epic monsters similiar gameplay like skyrim just no "fus ro dah " and shit but seriously i wish Skyrim is more SOTC because SOTC puts you in a place where you went like " where the fuck am i supposed to go " it took me hours to go first collosus and holy shit its big and you know

Cause i don't utterly care what you think?! Lol

Nice collection virgil, you have good taste. Walking Dead my Favorite game of 2012. There's a lot of good RPG games for the Wii like Xenoblade, Arc of fantasia, Tales of Graces and Last Story. If you want a challenging game, try Dark Souls or Monter Hunter Tri, soloing online is insanely hard.

Some of the more emotional games I've played:

- Max Payne I and II (haven't played III yet). Totally teared up on the ending of the 2nd one.

- Homeworld really moved me. It's just strategy with hardly any characters, but I read the whole 20 page intro on the society and clans and really got into the overall story.

- Homeworld: Cataclysm, however, had a huge Star Wars moment at the end where the insignificant mining clan rises to the occasion and saves the day. Gets me every time, and was in many ways better than the original game. I've played this 3 or 4 times and thinking about it again....

- Singularity/Metro 2033 didn't make me cry, but I really cared for the main character and the endings packed an emotional wallop for me.

Scary games:

- Dead Space. The whole thing was freaking creepy as hell.

- Left 4 Dead. I only play single player with this one, scary every time I play.

- Half Life. You've probably already played it, but when I first played this game quite a bit of it scared the crap out of me.

- Alan Wake is straight up horror. Nice combat too, plenty of suspense.

- Cold Fear. Fairly scary situations, creepy environment. Got real difficult at the end, never finished it though.

Fantasy:

The last real fantasy game I played was Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It was combat heavy, interesting story, some choice on playing good/evil character. I had a blast.

Sci-Fi:

- I loved Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Played it twice. Moody, futuristic, choices, does justice to the original.

- Mass Effect. I really enjoyed it, even exploring all the planets on the rover. ME II was ok, but had a disappointing and somewhat confusing ending (for me).

Pure stupid fun: Saints Row The Third.

Guest Lady Luck

i played alan wake before it was alright , its like uh i think Reality Horror tv show kind of kinda like supernatural but mixture of horror on it , playing as a novel writer .. that game is awosome but u know the amount of motion blur just making me dizzy , the rest that game is a must to get.