Trying to make open bottom dresses

On 11/20/2019 at 10:32 AM, LadySmoks said:

Still need to figure out the shadows part

When your in the Mesh tab - select the 2 shadows from the dropdown menu.

shadow.PNG.1472a331795d6426f75258272c60878f.PNG

Then click of the blue arrows for Shadow Selection.

A small popup window allows you to select the MLOD

191354974_Shadowselect.PNG.3d8148979ef115ae8bdaac4a77e4952d.PNG

For the HLD Shadow - select the Main Mesh groups Vertices, not the smaller group.

Then, the same for the MLD group. Select the MLD Details highest number.

Click OK and in a few seconds you'll have the shadow created. 

Hey! We just got Verizon Fios installed and I'm turning on the internet connections on the laptops. I'll have to look at what you posted. I found on the things I'm working on that in the mesh drop down, it only has high and medium mesh detail, then has high and medium shadow detail. If you import a mesh (.obj) to the shadow, TSRW will give the option to make a shadow from that mesh. I think it actually worked.

Those barstools and chairs are looking pretty good, if I do say so myself! I may tweak them some more, but will definitely upload them and link to PG! I also made "beefier" dildos from the one already in KW. Couldn't go too big because of unrealistic clipping that can't be fixed by me, but so far they seem to work. Just cloned the original with scripts, pulled the .obj (I am loving .obj now), enlarged them in Blender and put them back into TSRW to package them. I only wish the original had texture choices. It only has a colored diffuse map in the mesh, so one color per dildo for now, which means multiple packages for different colors. (

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

Couldn't go too big because of unrealistic clipping

Either the animation needs altered for this variation (size) of dildo - which adds a lot of overhead to the object or you can try to alter the hand slot position to eliminate most of the clipping from the most prominent area. You just adjust where the Sim hand makes contact with the object. It will affect the animation contact point only for your altered object. 

Another option is to put a "hand grip" that fits the sim - but you'll have that "grip" even when on a shelf. Adjusting the slots and tweaking the animations have always given me more trouble than it's worth so I always try to keep whatever animations and slots without alteration.  Took forever to figure out the Lights and still don't know much about them and the entryway, action, and other slots are very difficult to adjust correctly. However, if it's close - it will work.

Not sure this little dress maker is ready to dive THAT deep into object making. I'm still learning dresses! I am proud that it looks like my attempts to add a pregnant morph to a few dresses is going to work out though. ) The whole exporting as .obj and importing that into Blender, with all the morph meshes was the only way, as I found the pregnant morph just didn't look right , since the morphs were never intended for open bottoms... but, I found I can adjust .obj mesh vertices for that morph and put it back. ) I've only done one dress that way, but the preg morph looks good. )))

Back to objects... and the mothers' little helper... I posted a pic of what I had at the time. The blue one is Oniki's original. The ones I made are a bit bigger, and I did make another... a bit bigger still that is in game now. There are three basic contact points where clipping happens, the hand, the mouth and the "other insertion point". Even Oniki's original has some clipping... at least in my game with height sliders and such being used on my sims. This being a purely sexual toy thing, I'm not worried too much about minor clipping, but realistically, going too big (too much bigger than the original) does create issues that I don't feel like dealing with, like the stuff you mentioned. HAHA! Me get into altering animations for a dildo? )

I did make a small adjustment on the one that's bigger than the first two for the hand, and just tapered the shaft... or actually, just didn't increase the diameter at that point. What I have so far seems to work okay in game with the animations. The original didn't have a lot for me to work with on color options, but the way I did them, works with the animations.

And my other venture into objects, the dildo chair and stool are looking good too. ) I wish I knew how to add a moodlet to an object, like max out fun from using the dildo or sitting on the chair.

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I wish I knew how to add a moodlet to an object

Using S3PE and the Grid Editor you should be able to associate and adjust a moodlet. Edit the Grid on an object you know has a moodlet associated with it and check/compare the settings. Might be a simple as copying a script file from S3PE to TSRW's script section. Don't know - haven't tried it.

You see... when you start using the "S" word... "script"... I tend to shy away. I went into Grid edit and found something about moodlets, but it didn't have many listed, none of which I was looking for, so I just went with what I had so far. Trying to add moodlets is just one more thing to add to those things I'll work on eventually.

The dildos work okay, and most people would probably be okay with the clipping since the original has some too, but I think I can get it down a little more. Maybe not, but I'll give that a shot sooner or later, but either way, I plan to share them along with the dildo chair and barstool. Super scripting would be for the chair and stool to give hetero females and gay males a happy moodlet and give lesbians and hetero males a negative moodlet. ))) Maybe #7 knows how? ? ?

Its funny, but I think my sims are afraid of the giant dildos. I had an original size in their inventories, but clicked the "OMG" (yes, that's what it stands for)... The sim went to a private place in the house and instead of the OMG that I clicked on, she used the small one! )))

Spent some time building the castle I've been wanting to make. I'm not even done yet, and the game sets the price at over $500,000!!!!!!!!!! I have expensive tastes. ?

I made mini dragons from meshes by Severinka to use as gargoyles. I may be able to shrink them more and set them on a stand.

castle1.jpg.352853f3da176ab287009586b9b9af1d.jpg

Its like 5 floors above ground, and I haven't even started on the catacombs. I also made a pit to throw my enemies in!!!!

you know you have a 5 floor limit - that includes Freezes.  

If you have 5 floors above ground - I don't think you can add more.

If you want to add a Catacomb you may need to stretch the 3rd floor up using "constrainfloorelevation false" and the leveling tool - then finish the top with some gothic fencing. The same method used to make skyscrapers and tall towers. This leaves 1 or 2 floors for basements/crypts, tombs, etc.

I actually haven't tried it yet. I've been decorating and rearranging the above ground part. I did look at a vase that can be on the floor, or on a table  in TSRW and changed the slot flags on my gargoyles. Now, they can also perch on a stand. ) I also went back into Grid edit on another package and then the dildos and changed some things to see if they will give a "fun" moodlet.

Oh well! I just tried it. I really liked that castle. ? It was a lot of work, but I'll get over it. I saved it to library. I may start a new game, put it on a lot and see how much effort it is to just destroy the main buildings and not destroy the wall. Just that was a real pain in the butt to make, and doesn't need to be torn down.

I didn't really like the bathroom situation anyway! 

I checked doing shadows the way you said and it seems quicker. Thanks! Oh well! The castle was same scene, take... 12... maybe 13 or 14???? ))) I tried saving the outer wall, but it wasn't going too fast, so I started over. So far, I'm only 3 floors above ground. The way I did it, the ground floor is almost like a basement, with no windows, and then one below ground, so I'll probably go 4 floors up.

Took a break from that for a while and got the itch to see if some of the new tricks I've learned could help me solve an old riddle. Josh commented that my sims have "sane" proportions. No, I usually don't go toooo big with the boobs. I'm already jealous of my selfie sim as it is! But, reality is that sim hair creators have a lot to do with boob size since so many don't accommodate much more than a C cup before you get boob/ hair clipping. (((

Some hair just sticks way out in the front and doesn't look right. I tried messing with hair before, to shorten the front of some I like, but its just too many layers upon layers, etc. I love the Harley Quinn hair by Leah Lilith, but always thought it a little too long compared to character photos. ((( I tried before to shorten it a little, but between my very limited knowledge and under powered laptop, it never worked out... until now!

Even using my game laptop and Blender 2.8 wasn't working with geoms. The hair file is so big, and like everything imported filled with sharps for some reason. At least I was able to import. My old laptop and old Blender would just crash on import. Now it crashed when trying to clear sharps! Hmmmm... I know a little how to import and work with .obj files now! AND... back and forth with .objs, tool kit and geoms, I actually did it! And her boobs got bigger too!

e.jpg.fa94df6a182ec051d50b197da5d3dd49.jpg

I like Leah's original hair a lot and will continue using it, but this fits my Harley. )))

Its a lot of really cool things you guys have taken time to teach me about!!!!! Some I get, some I don't... but, THANK YOU BOTH!

10 hours ago, Non-sequitur said:

That's a Sims4 hair isn't it?  Or, do you have a converted copy?

No, I think Leah made the TS3 hair first, then did one for TS4.

I wish I knew how to convert sims 4 stuff to sims 3. Every time I do a search for something, a bunch of nice looking 4 stuff comes up. Its a pain in the butt that google search engine doesn't know there's a difference between 3 and 4. I found some nice poses that I forgot to open before putting them in game and crashed it to desktop on start up. AND... they were TS4.

Yes, Harley's boobs got a little bigger, and she got a little shorter and curvier. She's almost like one of Josh's MedBods. I think of her as a cartoon curvy, tiny, badass, so she's like -120 on the height slider, +20ish ? at the hips, butt and legs, -512 at the waist and -70 at the shoulders. Her boobs are + (more than) 100 on 2 different sliders. )))

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I wish I knew how to convert sims 4 stuff to sims 3

I know - no MS.

The tutorial uses MS - There should be a workaround using Blender instead. 

I've decided to try extrapolate this in reverse to make S4 to S3. I just got started downloading the CAS editor and it wouldn't work. So, figured it was because I deleted S4.

I just reinstalled S4 last night and will try again today to bring in an S4 hair or other object and try to convert the mesh to something MS or Blender can work with.  It's my understanding that the way the mesh data is filed is not usable by either MS or Blender. I'm still looking into what's all needed and how to convert the mesh files.

The file structures are different. There are added images and settings and an Ultra High Resolution mesh - all seem to have multiple mesh groups (hence better detail) so layering is different.  I can only bring up things for S4 in TSRW right now and those files are useless without a way to edit them.  In order to edit them - they need converted to a format acceptable to the standard editors. 

I know TSRW is pretty much useless for it with what I've tried so far. 

I had to do several searches for Harley's S3 version of that hair - I like it. I think it was on page 300+ of the 3rd search, by author, and I found it. Haven't played it or looked at it in game yet, just got it last night (okay, this morning at about 2 AM).  Since I have everything for S4 up to Cats & Dogs, I'll need to reinstall it - if successful at converting - so I can get some other things and convert to S3 - lol.

The problem lays in the conversion. I believe you take the multiple mesh groups and merge them together to create one group without overlapping or sharing any image space. The resolution - split up between the groups, is now sharing one image space. So, converting 3-6 mesh groups of an object, each with its own image space - to one group with one image space is the second problem and converting the mesh to something you can load into an Editor is the first problem.

If I can get the mesh into the editor - I can make it S3. Even if I start from scratch with the multiplier, etc. 

Clear as mud?

My TS4 experience is very limited. The most I have done is open a package in the TSRW version that does TS4 and pull out multipliers that I rearranged to fit the TS3 layout, made into 1024 x 1024 and fitted to a TS3 mesh I made. It was a bit of work. I never was able to pull out the mesh to convert to TS3, although I now wonder if it can be pulled as a .obj???

I have (or had and deleted it because I couldn't make it/ them work) s4pe and S4 Blender tools... but, as I said, I couldn't get them to work.

Hmmm... what browser do you use? I searched, "LeahLilith Harley hair" and first a link the TS4 version, then images, then the TS3 version. I may have been wrong before on the timeline. It looks like she put out the TS3 version 3 days after she did TS4?

Leah's Harley hair looks exactly as in my Harley photos (which I plan to update with the hair I did). I'm not sure if I have the most recent update she did. You can go pretty big with boobs before there's any clipping... although, if you go Josh big, well..... ?

I don't know what a conversion with mesh would require. I know clothes multipliers are 2048 high x 1024 wide, but seem to only use the bottom 1024 x 1024. I've never been able to open a TS4 mesh.

I saw a clipping issue on one of my dresses in test and did a quick fix. I still haven't done adjustments to all the pregnant morphs on all the dresses, only one so far. I've been juggling maybe too much lately... Ooooooo.... SHINEY!!!!! ? And then start something new! OY!!! But, I took my family to PG a couple days ago, and have been trying to check a couple dresses while there... AND bigger dildos... AND dildo barstools and chairs!

AND... The new Harley hair I remeshed.... Well... not so much "remeshed" as to have shortened the pigtails on Leah's mesh.

Body.jpg.8c3ba5c35d5bb08e5031cc770a042a21.jpg

She really is my favorite sim! So much fun to play!!! AND, to constantly recreate. ) I made that choker myself, before I had a clue! I cut, resized and pasted a pic from online to the multiplier for the choker in TSRW. The cracked pancake make-up face overlay is mine too.) Everything else is borrowed.

Haha! Something shiney just popped in my head... I'm going to make a wall texture with the height markings like a police mug shot! And everything else goes on the back burner again!!!!!!! But, if you don't have fun, what's the sense???

I use Vista and Chrome 9. I cant upgrade to anything higher as all support for Vista has stopped.

A computer upgrade is out of the question - still working on replacing my glasses.

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Ooooooo.... SHINEY!!!!!

With me... it's "SQUIRREL!!!" 

I was able to find Harley Quinn's hair for S3 and yes - it's long and covers a lot.

It took me about 20 minutes to adjust both sets of pigtail extensions ( 4 in all) and swing down to the shoulders. My version is about 1/2 way between your version and the original. Just comes below the shoulders a little and slopes across the front just above the breasts.

I haven't tested it yet - was about to when I checked here and replied. Hopefully it will work without to many adjustments.

I was a little shocked to see the vertices and faces count so incredibly high with the original.

Vertices                   Faces                          

VHD:    18,619                    27,717

HLD:     same as VLD

MLD:    4380                       8285

LLD:      3584                       2467

I have some very large objects I make to put into  my worlds that have 1/4 that number of vertices and faces.

I see why though, each piece of hair is a cylinder  with many horizontals.  But 18K vertices and nearly 30K faces!  Just for a WIG?! WOW! That'll clog things up - but, Ooooooo.... SHINEY!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Non-sequitur said:

With me... it's "SQUIRREL!!!" 

Doug? Is that you? )))

It took you about 20 minutes? I took me a few hours, a bottle of vodka, forcing my husband to do "things", and then trying about 4 different ways... and that was after trying to get the mesh to not crash Blender for over a year!!! And you knock it out in 20 minutes? I hate you! ?

Vista? Well, Windows 10 isn't all its cracked up to be. Older programs like Blender 2.67 won't run right. I also use Chrome, but not sure what version.

The super high polycount is why it always crashed my old Blender on the cheap laptop. Too much for the little guy to handle. 

Hair and shoes... its a girl thing. ))) But yes, some of the hair creators do go a bit extreme, and LeahLilith is certainly one of them... but her stuff looks soooooooooo good! Just a little too long in my opinion.

Her and NightCrawler and a few others make very nice hair, but always cover the front of my dresses. Although, the hair I use for Laura modelling clothes IS one of Leah's.

Funny, but I already started making changes to the hair I made the changes to. I made the pigtails bushier on x and y. I also played with Harley's top. Its been a work in progress for 6 months or more.

Well, I can now say with some level of certainty that the newer version of TSRW that always asks "Is this a Sims 4 pack?" buggers what it makes. I feel like going back to do some more work on my Harley Quinn top and to apply a few of those new tricks I've learned. I really don't feel like starting from scratch, which is why I save the TSRW work files. Unfortunately, I made that file using the garbage TS4 version of TSRW. Whatever it does, I can't open either the work file, OR the package made from that version of workshop with the older version of workshop.

The stupid new version, I can't replace the diffuse and normals imgs. They are just black, so no normals texture for LOD 1. Try to replace them and get an error message. Try to use "customize" and it wants a TS4 directory... after it asked you if this is a TS4 file and you said NO!

Looks like a 3 pm vodka day!

9 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Looks like a 3 pm vodka day!

Breathe...

That Harley Quinn hair I spent 20 minutes on - start to finish...

29908266_20minutesB.PNG.7029458d1beae9658336367b5acca335.PNG853955440_20minutesA.PNG.1718a1748868fa4a9fcb6f926072f47d.PNG

This is the only thingy/group/selection it offers in game after my mod. So, I don't get the smooth versions for some reason.  I did rotate the pigtails closer to the shoulders than the original (the original floats too high).

I found that the pigtails were separated on the UV Map so selected each group ( 2 pigtails on each side) and moved them Z  by .2 so the shorter pigtails were out .2 and the longer ones were out .4.

I switched view to front and see the hair normal. I look right or left view and I have a stack of two - one long - one short. Just grabbed the whole group (short or long) and scale Y only. Counting the # of clicks. Do the same for the other pigtail group.

Move the .4 group back to the .2 group.

Switch to front view and grab either the left or right group of pigtails. This grabs both the long and short from only one side. Back to side view - move selected pigtail group back to the hair. Set the rotation point at the center top of the pigtail (about where it would attach to the head) then rotate to where you like it.  Do the same for the other side.  Your done...

Or, at least I was done with that little test.

With all this Harley Quinn chatter I thought I'd play around a little with it.

I made a tesh stocking  - I found that socks have no mesh component.  Bummer - can't add frill and fru-fru. So tried to make it a necklace accessory - shows up but, colors are whacked. So, I figure the only way to get a little frill and fr-fru on a nice shear hose is with a garment. Okay, I'm being lazy.

The hose still needs some work. Like check out the belt texture with a diamond pattern and with the diagonal pattern. The diagonal pattern shows up nearly perfect if it was a vertical pattern - (scratches head...)

1066933210_harleyquinnPANTSleggingsTSRWD.PNG.f986497a76dd8928d9bbdd4095a03ca9.PNG1802078320_harleyquinnPANTSleggingsTSRWC.PNG.9c865d8c0a9a6614d860e17f3459171f.PNG

But, I digress...

Harley Quinn - A Start.

275497196_myharleyquinnstart.PNG.2c8c79341ebfd1cc2cb69fae6e1e29bf.PNG2017338431_harleyquinnPANTSleggingsTSRWB.PNG.3921af074b8ae572423aeb6c3585535d.PNG723314833_harleyquinnPANTSleggingsTSRWA.PNG.e8edf13d689c50b496584f1a6b421741.PNG

On 11/25/2019 at 2:30 PM, Non-sequitur said:

It's my understanding that the way the mesh data is filed is not usable by either MS or Blender. I'm still looking into what's all needed and how to convert the mesh files.

S4CASTools works pretty well with Milkshape and S4Studio does the same with Blender although I ignore if it supports 2.8 yet (the last version I downloaded needed 2.78b). From there you can export to whatever you want, also S4CASTools can export to obj.

S4CASTools_MeshManager.jpg

9 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

The stupid new version, I can't replace the diffuse and normals imgs.

I also was never able to do anything related to S4 with TSRW, your best bet would be to use S4Studio.

Oh, was meaning to mention how I got the legs so shear with nearly perfect display of the underlying leg.

I used Gimp. I made a plain-jane 50% grey multiplier for the legs and copied the 1024x1024 image to Gimp. 

I loaded an AF Skin and wrapped the multiplier over the sim legs. adjust Alpha's to your needs, merged the layers, and copied back to the multiplier.

Adjusting Alpha's as needed. 

Does a decent job but, tends to be a bit... Ooooooo.... SHINEY!!!!!

19 minutes ago, Non-sequitur said:

found that socks have no mesh component

Stockings are only textures, in the end it works better because you don’t have to worry about morphs, bones, etc.

One problem is that you have to adapt your design to the legs UV map which isn’t symmetrical, for simple stockings is not a big deal but complex designs (like a fishnets) require projecting your texture using Blender or generating the texture using vectors that can be edited.

Simple stocking made on a vector program:

SimpleStockings.jpg

Stocking made projecting textures:

ProjectedStockings.jpg

27 minutes ago, Non-sequitur said:

BTW: Do you use a Wrapping technique to make your hosiery look so good?

My most recent stockings set was made using Blender. 

In short: you can duplicate the uv map on any mesh, in this case the legs, so in that second UV you simply make it symmetrical by straighten every line, then a texture was projected from the second UV to the original, Blender makes all the adjusments like it shows on the pic on the previous post, or like in this one:

ProjectedStockings_02.jpg

All my previous releases were made on Adobe Fireworks and were the result of a lot of practice, a whoooooooooole lot… ?

That Harley Quinn hair I spent 20 minutes on - start to finish...

That looks like when my Blender 2.8 decides it wants to add sharps to everything when you don't even mark them. I import/ exported the hair as .obj to modify it and removed all sharps. The only small issue with what I did is that the hair is slightly transparent in front of windows. Not concerned. )

I basically moved the pigtails together, shortening them on z and moving them back into position (after each step), then rotated them closer to the shoulders as you did. Then to the right and left separately (probably only possible because Leah separated left and right because of the different colors left and right), and rotated the bottoms out a bit. After seeing them in game, I increased the "thickness" on x and y. Pretty much everything with .obj, but had to use Blender to decimate L2 and 3 because the file is too big for Balancer and it didn't work when I tried changing the settings. Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out.

Harley Quinn - A Start.

I've been working on my Harley for over a year, and STILL making changes... I see an outfit that I think might work with a little tweaking, download it and play with it. Some I like, some not so much.

f.jpg.17da3c63a1620cc1c200b565035acc2d.jpg

You can see horizontal lines in the hair. I think its from the UV vertices being separate? But, if you merge vertices, that might be what happened to the strange look of the hair you did??? It didn't work for me.

Below is leather pants by Shushilda. It already had a diamond pattern you can see just above the boots. I copied some diamonds, resized them, rearranged them, played with shading and added them to the thigh area, then made a color mask to match the new pattern and split the pants left and right. I lowered the waistline and added the belt from his Suicide Squad Harley shorts as a simple overlay. Might redo it in 3d since I now know how! The bracelets are Lorandia's, I think... gloves are by Lucy? Boots made from a Josh pair, and the top I pieced together from EA meshes. Cracked pancake face make up is me, but the face tattoo, I'd have to check who made.

h.jpg.5d5e61d8a65f932909089da1397e6c48.jpg

Does a decent job but, tends to be a bit... Ooooooo.... SHINEY!!!!!

I've done sheer stockings... and panties as left garter for KW  that I will eventually upload. I've had some success by just erasing the multiplier by what looks good. Unfortunately, TSRW doesn't show sheer, so I use a skin texture as background layer while doing erase instead of the gray. Waist and leg bands, I copy and move to a new layer, SAVE that layer in case the sheerness is too much or too little in game and needs to be adjusted... apply erase (maybe around 50%) to the stockings or panties, and merge down. I think simple erase is less shiny than reducing the alpha.

Yes, you can't go too sheer because colors wash out. I haven't figured out a fix. But, you don't need to go too sheer. If you look at the Harley pic with the red and black diamond outfit, you'll notice the tights are slightly see through as you can see her tattoos.

g.jpg.82dca37bdd1ffeca98c9cdc16a98c898.jpg

Yes, Harley doesn't shave! But, it IS neatly trimmed!!! )))) The bra is an EA remake I did a LONG time ago... looks like I need to hit that mesh with seam fixer, huh? I also did ripped stockings for her.

10 hours ago, JoshQ said:

S4CASTools works pretty well with Milkshape and S4Studio does the same with Blender although I ignore if it supports 2.8 yet (the last version I downloaded needed 2.78b). From there you can export to whatever you want, also S4CASTools can export to obj.

I was looking at some S4 stuff, since every search for S3 ends up with 50% S4 and thinking of converting, but for me, it looks like a whole new set of tools to learn while I'm still really just learning to use the S3 tools.

One problem is that you have to adapt your design to the legs UV map which isn’t symmetrical, for simple stockings is not a big deal but complex designs (like a fishnets) require projecting your texture using Blender or generating the texture using vectors that can be edited.

Yes, I can see the issue when making vertical lines as part of the stocking multiplier... AND... why I stick to the simpler stuff!!!

I also was never able to do anything related to S4 with TSRW, your best bet would be to use S4Studio.

I wasn't trying to do an S4 item. The problem I ran into is that the Harley top I pieced together in the head shot pic was packaged with the TSRW version that also does TS4, but when I tried to open the original work file with the older version of TSRW, I got nothing in textures and the mesh section crashed. But, I found that "new" version stashed in my tools folder and put it back on desktop, and it will open that file. But, it seems that anything made with that TSRW, you can't go into the mesh materials and change anything, and if you make a package, change the mesh and try to open that package in the "new" TSRW, mesh materials are blacked out because the ones attached to that new mesh aren't in the new package for some reason... and, you can't change them. ( So, all my new stuff is packaged with the old TSRW.

Archived