Trying to make open bottom dresses

3 hours ago, Non-sequitur said:

That is Curious. Unless you didn't commit the Decimate... but, should still export.

I finally got it. My Blender is temperamental at best... and just mental at the worst. Josh had said his Blender will automatically triangulate squares on export. I tried and it didn't work... then a few weeks later, I tried again for giggles and it worked.

I have 3 options, Josh didn't say which to use, but I think he points me in the right direction and lets me figure things out from there... which is great, because its all part of learning. ) Well, "collapse" has the triangulate check box, and reduce by percentage. Worked perfectly, but wouldn't export when done. The file read as 1kb. So, I tried the next one, "un-subdivide". That removed faces and made holes in the mesh. Finally, "planar". That has "reduce angle limits" (whatever that means) and a check box for "all boundaries"... (and whatever THAT is). All boundaries ripped the seams and distorted the mesh. BUT... just playing with angle limits, the face count dropped the further I went. Then I clicked triangulate in the mesh menu under faces, and THAT mesh exported okay.

I also learned that my meshes with 2 halves, I have to remove double vertices before decimating or the vertices don't align at the waist seam. I really didn't cut the poly count down that much, but its a start and I'll learn it better as I use it more. 

Just don't know why I have so much shadowing when I try to use solidify? I edge split the mesh along the fold, tried using sharp edge and a few other things, but it seems that if two edges touch, maybe Blender is trying to round the edges like the buckle Josh posted???

Well, I think this is final game testing for the Sakura minidress. It still has that faint seam line where the mesh halves meet, but it really only shows badly with a light colored corset. I have 6 sims walking around Phallus Gleann wearing that dress right now. I figure, as tight as that dress is, I have zero clipping. )

If I ever solve the waist seam issue, I could turn out a new outfit every other day! But, over saturation isn't good.

Okay! Dress outfits are fun, but this... I was laughing the whole time I was making this...

No no no... Its not a skirt you bloody wankers... Its a KILT!!! ))))))))))) And HE's NOT wearing any underwear!

kilt.PNG.2bf0184a102b289de39687c3e311a7ae.PNG

792146844_noundies.PNG.0237e1aad6b5a5b1f633b2da84bdc48f.PNG

Thanks Cmar!!! Coming soon! )

To fix the line import the original mesh and hide it, just be sure both meshes are on the exact same position, then on your edit select the vertices that conform the seam, for both the bottom and top sections of your garment and assign them to a vertex group.

Now add the ‘data transfer modifier’ and on the ‘source’ menu select the original mesh, then you have to select ‘face corner data’ below and ‘custom normals’ probably your mesh will look weird. To fix it go below and on the last selection box choose your vertex group.

Apply the modifier and then you can delete the original.

LODs are used to reduce the CPU/GPU usage depending on the viewing distance but I don’t exactly know how that works on The Sims 3, I read somewhere on modthesims that LOD 2 is only used when the game takes a screenshot for the household selection screen and LOD 3 is what you see when entering / exiting map mode.

Is good practice to reduce polycount on LOD 2 but if you don’t notice any slowdown / problems then don’t worry, just put a note on the description.

10 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Yes, it was easy to cut my mesh for LOD 2 down to 80% of LOD 1. No, it will not export and save! Still trying... lol!

Can you export the LOD 2 as .obj? In theory you can convert it back to .geom using meshtoolkit.

Thank you Master Josh! I was just about to experiment with different things to try to eliminate that waist seam, when I decided to check in here first. I really like my Sakura mini dress outfit and want to upload, but that seam bothers me. I hope this works... for me on my Blender.

I had been copying my LOD 1 to LOD 2 and not worrying about neck and ankle alignments since it is only used for distance views, and maybe something else that is lower resolution, and not even bothering with changing LOD 3 at all. Interestingly, to keep the mesh looking anything like what it is supposed to be in LOD 3, my poly count is much higher than most EA LOD 3's and so my packages end up bigger. I concluded its mostly because of the doubled skirt portion of the mesh. So, I may continue making a LOD 2, but let LOD 3 be whatever was in the original workshop project.

I'm not sure about how tool kit converts obj. to geom, but will try it. I was able to save the LOD 2 by using the "planar" option in deceminate, and then using "triangulate" in the menu under faces. But, I'll also try exporting as obj. file and see how that works. Because so many tutorials revolve around MS, I've seen meshes exported from Blender as obj and opened in MS.

And, I spent some time on my kilt! Hey, open bottom meshes are just for female sims! ))) It has some clipping, so I'll put it on hold and go back to the Sakura mini. Truth is, is the seam works out, I have 4 or 5 other projects based on the same basic mesh that I could finish.

Thanks as always!!!

You really know your way around this site. I didn't realize you made a video of this for me! I thought it was just a photo upload, like I do.

Which Blender are you using? Is data transfer an add on? Its not listed in my modifier list. As I always say, I have 2.67b. That looked like 2.80 you are using? I had that version loaded, but had problems importing and exporting. Right now, I actually have 2.67, 2,70 and 2,73 loaded, and 2.67 is still the only one that imports and exports geoms. I tried all the combinations of geom tools, but no luck.

Well, its just my drama. Transfer data apparently isn't on 2.67, but is on later versions, and I can't get other versions to work at all on 3 different laptops. I hated doing it, but I now have my husband trying to load something on the travel laptop since we're heading to see my family in a few weeks.

Can I ask who's and what versions of geom import/ export tools you use and which version of Blender???

Well, I got my husband to see if he could figure out why none of the other Blender versions work, and he was as confused as me... which made me feel better, but doesn't solve the problem. He actually got 2.80 to work on the travel laptop, then tried to get it on my laptop. Success is a relative term, as on both laptops, when I opened the mesh I want to use transfer vertex group on, I see this mess....

Capture.PNG.2b872f960b9523a02e2c67bdddb8d02d.PNG

Not what I was expecting. I opened Sakura's mesh and an EA mesh and they look fine. How can my mesh, which looks great in game except for that darn seam, look like this on 2.80, and look fine on 2.67? "I give up" is becoming a consideration.

But, I only gave up for a few hours and drank vodka shots with my husband, who does his best thinking after "a few". ))) We found Blender added data transfer on 2.74. So, he figured by 2.75 it should be good and I read the geom tools should work. I went step by step with your video. I exported the mesh, but when I imported back, it looked the same as before. I even tried merging the seams on my mesh and using that as the transfer source. Then while playing with Sakura's original mesh, I noticed something... Her seam is at the top of the corset, NOT the waist! So, I cheated (sort of).

cheat.PNG.ba2446930137a6ff389cf9ede237bab0.PNG

I redid my mesh and made the seam at the top of the corset, which is a natural seam and can't be seen at all in game. ) I was able to keep the skirt part at full size and squeeze it in, rotated 90 degrees like the old mesh was. Redid the multiplier, specular, diffuse map and normal map... AND re-edited the 4 channel mask (I think I have a good handle on 4 channel masks now), put in game to test, and I will be uploading that one soon... finally. And still, absolutely no clipping! ))))

Your time teaching me about this wasn't wasted, as I understand I must solve my waist seam problem, or make every outfit with a corset or belt to hide the seam. Funny, because I looked at meshes from others and found one that looks like a belt was used to hide a seam too.

Then, I realized that I don't think I used Sakura's mesh for this at all... just the arms and ribbons. I used the EA af sleepwear long shirt mesh, which like your example mesh, is long enough to be a short dress. That's why the shoulders are a little different where I blended the arms to the long night shirt. I do things, get twisted up and forget where I started from! Can't blame the vodka!!! So really, I would need that mesh to do data transfer, although I now remember that I also narrowed the waistline a bit. 

The only blender version I actively use is 2.8, in the past I used several versions because for poses you need a specific one, but for importing meshes from metasequoia you need a different version but that doesn’t have support for sharps so you need… ugh!

Thankfully 2.8 supports everything I’m doing right now so all I’ve showed you so far came with the program.

I read files compatibility between 2.7 and 2.8 is sketchy depending on the mesh complexity, so maybe between 2.6 and 2.8 the issues are bigger. You could try to export your project to .obj / .dae, use append or even try copy / paste.

On 9/14/2019 at 4:29 AM, LadySmoks said:

I exported the mesh, but when I imported back, it looked the same as before. I even tried merging the seams on my mesh and using that as the transfer source

Ummm, I don’t know what's happening on your side, the data transfer copies the values from your reference mesh so it should transform your seam into a smooth surface, unless the version you’re using functions differently.

After watching your video a few times (many, and trying to follow step by step while doing it on Blender), I realized you were using 2.8. I've been hard at work on these issues, and think I found some answers... Although, I still can't figure out why one version of Blender will work on one laptop ( I load it the exact same way and use the exact same plugins, and have even gone into computer settings to "run program" on the same Windows version as on the other laptop), but just does not work on the new laptop. I really need to figure out something, as we are visiting my family in a few weeks, and will be there for almost a month and we only take the one travel laptop.

I have 2.75 working on my old work laptop. The export geom function works differently from 2.67. I have to click "fix seams" and then click shading "smooth" on the tool panel on the right.

2.75 has data transfer. I think I got it to work. What I do is take my mesh, highlight the whole thing and remove double vertices. That makes the seams perfectly smooth and blends the normals for the entire mesh. And THAT is now my reference mesh since all the vertices will be in the exact same positions. Then, I highlight the whole mesh I'm transferring to and in vertices, label it "all". From there, I basically do as you said.  Also, I found I had to go back to the vertices groups after data transfer and remove the "all" group. Oh, I forgot... while in vertices groups, I must check the "auto smooth" box, or it doesn't work. Then I click "fix seams" and "smooth" shading, and export. 

I read from Cmomoney on MTS that Blender resets everything on import, and that's probably why it looks like nothing was done if I import back to look at it. Blender just erases everything I did. Just as before, using "fix seams" on export, a mesh looks perfectly smooth, but not on importing back.

I still have to use the seam fix in tool kit to fix the neck and ankles. It seems that if all goes well, I can actually take a mesh from an existing package, apply the techniques to fix the normals and put that same mesh back into the package and all the morphs still work, but usually I make a new package anyway and save the old one as reference.

That Sakura mini dress with the seam on the top of the corset is just going to stay that way. It looks and plays great. The seam is completely hidden in the multiplier divide between the blouse and corset. No reason to mess with that one. But as I said, I have to fix that seam on other stuff I'm trying to make or it just won't look right.

I have a few packs in game testing right now. ) Wish me luck!

2.8 requires support for OpenGL 3.3, that means your graphics card shouldn’t be older than 5-6 years. Also make sure you have the latest drivers installed.

Umm, at least when I export to .obj blender respects all my changes, it seems the addon you’re using to export changes your mesh, probably because otherwise it won’t work or the addon is outdated.

Good luck!

Hey Josh! When I tried running 2.8 a while ago, the screen constantly flashed as I moved the cursor, but I found a thread saying it had to run using the laptop base graphics, and not the gaming graphics. I did change that and the flashing stopped. Its just that 2.8 is too different from all of the older versions and its hard for me to adapt. It will run, but the meshes look like that pic I posted. New, unmodified meshes are ok. If I can get it to work on the travel laptop, I might have time to play with it during our vacation.

The addons were said to be good through version 2.79, but its possible they really aren't. The old one for 2.6 or 2.65 works for my 2.67, but that doesn't do the data transfer. I read that only 2.74 and up have data transfer. I got 2.75 working on the old work laptop a while ago, and just got it to work on the gaming laptop today. Sadly, it isn't helping as with all the in game testing I do, I'm finding there is a problem with the transfer data meshes that the neck and ankle seam fixer doesn't seem to work.

I have meshes with perfect waist seams and bad neck/ ankles... or perfect neck/ ankles and bad waist seams. ) That Sakura minidress isn't a problem, as I said, I simply moved the waist seam to be hidden where the corset multiplier meets the blouse on the UV, and the neck/ ankle seams were fixed in tool kit.

When I export the data transfer meshes, there seems to be a problem with the geom tools seam fix. Its possible the geom tools simply aren't programmed to do what I want. Of course, I never fault the people who make such tools, as what I'm trying to do may not be what they were thinking about when making the tools. 

It really is terribly frustrating! I have one dress that looks so good! BUT... I just haven't found the combination to get both sets of seams to look perfect.............. YET! 

I tried using export to obj. but it didn't work. Of course, I will have to try again and again, and probably again. But, do you use tool kit to convert the obj. to a geom? Or you import it to MS for some reason???

My advice is to take a very big breath and to take it slowly from here, if blender 2.8 continues to give you problems then is better to give it a rest and concentrate in those tools that do work, that also means looking for help in places like modthesims that probably could help you better than me because I’m not familiar enough with .geoms or any blender version below 2.8.

8 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Or you import it to MS for some reason?

When I finish something in blender I export it as .obj and use Milkshape to convert it as .wso for use in TSRWorkshop / Meshtoolkit. Milkshape also has tools to make “simple” stuff and/or fix some issues. It was the first 3d editing program I learned so I keep using it even when it’s archaic for today’s standards.

I do it the same as JoshQ.

I use MilkShape to do much of the simplest things and for conversion to WSO.  MS has some things that work better or are more convenient than Blender. It's just the way I learned how to make things for the Sims. And, thanks to you two, and this thread - I've found new ways to do things.

I haven't messed with geoms much since wso suites my needs - so far.

So, have the Demon Girls drained the town yet?

There is a new version posted.

Hey guys! DEEP BREATH!!! Well, as always, some things seem to work perfectly the way you have both explained, and other things... well, vodka is becoming my best friend when dealing with that! So many tutorials for things I'm having problems with are solved on MS. It seems everyone uses Blender for a lot of the meshing, but take it to MS as .obj to polish it up.

Its all crazy! One step forward and half a step back. I say I give up, but that lasts about an hour and I try again. Sometimes its because the Blender I'm using can't do something, but sometimes its just me doing it wrong. 

I made a mini-dress but the boobs never look right no matter how I did bone transfer in tool kit.  The cleavage was distorted. The base mesh is the af long night shirt, which is straight across the front, but I tried using af bikini top too, and it didn't take.  My mesh is actually the bikini top and ruche skirt bottom with briefs legs. Finally, I decided to try again to do bone transfer with blender. I started doing it the way a website showed using 2.7... I'm pretty sure one of you told me about it a while ago. Well, it looked like it worked. Then, I also realized that Blender 2.75 has data transfer and tried bone weight transfer with that... AND IT WORKED!!! I transferred the left and then right breast bone weights directly from bikini top to my mesh. Soooooooooo happy! That is the one step forward,,, Laura's boobs look great! Round and perky!!! ))) The half step back is that now the hips look a little weird when she walks. I can't figure out why boob bone weights would effect hip bones, but will take a look later. I literally was restarting the game when I started typing. 

Remember that Dark Night long coat I was working on about a month ago and shelved? Hey, you guys have taken time to teach me a lot since then, so I went back, took the best looking version of that outfit and got rid of those shadows on the corset. Also testing it now.

I also figured out why some skirts or outfits clip at the thighs when bending or sitting, because I've had a few do that. Apparently, the EA dress/ skirt bones (or maybe its the horizontal vertices... or they'r the same thing) don't really match the nude or briefs bottom where they bend? So, I tried simply moving the skirt vertices up a little at the hips, and so far that seems to be working. My biggest problem is getting frustrated with one thing and jumping to another until I run into a problem, then starting something else new.

I found that one of the waist seam problems was partly multiplier alignment. On some outfits, it needs to be perfect.

Haha! No, the demons haven't finished off your town's folk... yet. Darn game keeps creating new ones! But, as I said about project jumping, I haven't played them in a while. I found its possible to take my legacy family on vacation to PG, so they've been hanging out there. On that game, the demon girls and my vampire witches all live in France! )))

With me, it's pretty much the same learning process as yours.

Chaotic at best.

It seems for every one thing you discover - 10 more present themselves.  It becomes exponential and overwhelming so when you hit a roadblock, and try a dozen things to correct it without success - you move on to something else. Eager to learn more - frustrated that your not learning what you need or not fast enough...  Eventually, That thing that stumped you before is stumbled upon, or you find that something else you just tried might work - and the dots are connected (literally and figuratively). Love those little Epiphany Moments.  

What's the motto?

Practice & Patience.

Just breathe - and step out of the box occasionally like your doing.

I think I would exchange the Potato Spirits with a little meditation in silence though... I have a slight allergy to alcohol.  Thank the goddess there are other means to alter reality.

You summed it up pretty well! But, the thing is that I am learning, and slowly getting things. Exactly as you said, I get frustrated, shelve a project and go to something new, until THAT frustrates me too. Then vodka with my husband, relax and watch TV... then try again with a fresh approach. Sometimes, I take an entire folder, send it to recycle and immediately delete from recycle just to force myself to take a new approach. ) Other things, just sit on the shelf for a month, like the long coat.

I'm learning the limits of all the Blenders I have on 2 different laptops. I can't get 2.67 to work on the gaming laptop... so I have to thumb drive stuff back and forth all the time. I started using 2.75, which is very similar to 2.67 which is the one I've always used. 2.75 has the data transfer feature, but when I export meshes, the seam fix tool doesn't work. Its the one from Kitsu, which is supposed to be good up to 2.79... but no.

Fortunately, I can run 2 Blenders on the same laptop at the same time, because after doing transfers on 2.75, I have to export then import to 2.67 to fix seams and then export again! But, THAT seam fixer doesn't do neck and ankle seams, so I next use tool kit's seam fixer which does necks and ankles, but not the side seam! OY! Then into a package, open it in TSRW and transfer just the morphs.

Well, I'm slowly working out the bugs in one of the minis (2 dresses I'm making use the same basic mesh). I haven't found a 1 piece EA mesh that is a dress and has breast cleavage, so direct bone transfer doesn't work. The boobs look funny. But back to the slowly getting it part... I'm figuring out data transfer. Josh told me about it for normals and fixing the waist seams, but I've started using it to transfer bone weight data from one mesh to another, and only this bone and that one, but not the whole thing. That was why my mesh was buggered. When I transferred the spine 0, it was from the bikini top and Blender just ran it all the way down the skirt. So, its bikini top for the boobs and af nightshirt for the spine 0 and pelvis.

Practice and Patience!

Haha! Well, the demons act more like black widows than anything else. Male or female sims, they don't seem to care. A quick kinky woohoo and a deadly charm (one of the vampire powers mods). They even call up the police or a party dancer to come over when they get hungry. The Grim Reaper just hangs out at the mansion now. ) Besides, a few left the headstones on the lot. I started my own cemetery.

I haven't downloaded the new version yet. Is it a total replacement?

You could set up a Shared Folder on your home desk machine and use WiFi to share the same file between both Blender versions and both computers.  No Thumb Drives and you should be able to get the file and save the file to your very own "Cloud" using your home computer and laptop through the WiFi and since shared - load and save the file through internet if you leave your home system on and connected. It might make things a little more convenient for you. (or complicate things more... don't know)

Yep, the new version of Phallus Glean has be completely reworked. It did go from Ver. 1.3.0 to 1.4.0 with added lots, roads , and a few other things have changed the layout of some of the world - so yep - a different version. I took all the individual Sims3packs, broke them down into packages and combined all those packs back into a sims3pack.  Makes only one sims3pack for all the 200 or so items. So, now there are only two sims3packs - one the World and one the Neighborhood.

The Mods have been altered slightly too. Several items were added and a few removed. The Mods also now include those little items you turned me on to (perfume bottle, & exotic Dancer).  The working bed is incorporated into the world base, by adding the lot that contains the mods, while in CAW-EIG (before compiling). The other Mods are there but not implemented until you play the pre-Played (saved) game. In the saved game a few building have been modified (Madam's Ranch, etc.) and the Exotic Dancer and Cortisone Perfume bottle were added.  There is a new folder for the saved game and another for the Clothing Mods - if you want to play the pre-played world.

I added a little to the empty mansion the girls are staying in. At the front right of the house there is an added room that is hidden by a sliding bookcase. This leads to a single staircase to the basement - a small reading room with a modern bathroom.  There is a hidden rotating door which leads to the cript.  8 coffin Alters are there with a dresser and nightstands. 

So, if you have a lot decorated "just the way you want" I would copy it to the Library to place in the new version.  Once the old version is replaced with the new - all that previous game stuff is lost.  You know...

I don't know how the control mods; Ani's working bed, Cortisone perfume bottle, and Exotic Dancer, will react with other Sex Mods. I use WooHooer and GFXgraphics (or whatever it's called - mostly CMarNYC stuff).  Of course - if there is a problem and one of the Mods behaves badly - spank it and send it away!

Nothing more will be added - only visual and functional corrections.

The memory usage in the played game has a tendency to go up a little to rapidly for my liking.  I don't know if this is due to the control mods not being perfect or what - I keep getting Error-Trap alerts. All those control mods may end up being removed in the next revision (maybe at the end of the year) - we'll see.

Finally got around to uploading the Sakura mini dress. Then I saw you did a kilt. Haha! I guess I don't need to finish the one I was working on? Did you include a pecker??? ))) I hope the guy isn't Ken!

I still have several minis in a holding pattern as I work on getting all the bones to behave as I want. I'm getting close. )))

I downloaded the new PG and should get around to loading it tonight. Thanks for the shout out on your download page!

Yea, I seen the dress and looked at the screen shots. Very clean. I take it you got rid of the clipping problem at the joints/folds?

Nope - no pecker - but it is open bottom (just not 2-sided)

Yours will most likely be finer quality Kilt (I'm still working on the Patients part of P&P). 

For example, I uploaded a few things that were put into PG's Clothing Mods. Put the last one in I noticed that a Proprietors Dress had a black background between the legs. I didn't make it 2-sided. Now I find I can't get rid of a seam line on the garment. One of those, "I'll get back to you" things. Looks gorgeous in-game but never noticed a transparency or lack of color between the legs for the inside part of the skirt. 

If there was ANYTHING on the idiot-box I'd watch a movie marathon...

I'm going for a walk... maybe put my head into a different cloud.

You have been working hard with JoshQ on the Bone and seam alignments.  I'd say you officially know way more than I do in that department... (I'm not admitting to anything more than that.) When I finally get over this "Burn-Out" feeling from making PG - I'll read through all the treads and try some things.  Gotta catch up - lol.

You did a lot of work creating a whole world! You deserve a break!!! YUP... check Josh's tutorials on seams! Its why I had to load Blender 2.75. It has the data transfer modifier. 2.67 doesn't. I think I got that to work. Now its UV and multiplier alignment. It really has to be dead on, or shading of the multiplier can make a seam in the texture. ((( 

That particular dress only had a very tiny clipping problem at the hips when sitting. I just moved the skirt vertices up a little to get passed the bone bend of the legs. Bone transfer otherwise was simple for that dress because it doesn't have breast separation like the ones I'm trying to do now. That was a straight tool kit bone transfer from the EA af long nightshirt.

The big problem I had was the waist seam. Nothing got rid of it completely and that's why I sat on the project for so long. Then I looked back at the full length version because of clipping I had with that, and realized that Sakura's original mesh had the seam at the top of the corset, So I cheated. I cut the mesh and UV on the corset line, merged the vertices at the waist, moved the corset UV to the skirt and welded the UV. Then I just tweaked the multiplier to match the new UV layout. Still has a seam... just well hidden.

And THAT is part of my hold up on other meshes. I do have pretty good seams on a couple. I worked out bone transfers to get the boobs to look right, but am now stuck on a point at the front of the skirt. (

Scroll up near the top of this page. There's the kilt I was playing with. I really only started on it because I was getting frustrated with the seam issues. Needed a break. I attached the tally wacker by Cmar! ?

Just a suggestion, make your clothes test models into vampires for open bottoms. I actually started this because I play vampires and got tired of looking at silly solid bottoms when they slept. Check the first page! ) I've downloaded CC that looked great in the modder's pics, but didn't play that good in game. Some, had clipping that I learned to fix myself. ))) That's why I take so long. Even though I now know ways I could have made the maid outfit better... neck and ankle seams... I did test those a lot. I had butt clipping, thigh clipping, shadow issues...  Again, the waist seam is hidden in a multiplier seam on that one too.

Josh and YOU have been great giving me your knowledge. Its easy to manipulate a mesh. I learned the hard part is making it act right and look good in game! A lot of stuff looks good in TSRW, but no so good in game. Here's one that I'm stuck on... actually 5 or 6 with the same basic mesh and the same problem...

1.PNG.b1d07e9210bd66b9f89a3795770a7b37.PNG2.PNG.82bb84b59dcc0bc938438ccfca3d8d79.PNG

3.PNG.603c81594c1a96ec01abc17b89338ed7.PNG   Oh, I'll get it eventually!!!

My little touch... I took the tie from the swimsuit plunge and put it on this. )))

At least on Milkshape I didn’t noticed any seam, there’s some microscopical clipping on the skirt boundary but I don’t think it will be a problem, unless someone zooms all the way.

Also I recommend to add your name on TSRW’s project window so the program generates a hash that will make it unique, as it stands it has the potential for conflict if anyone creates a piece of CC under the name “af body shirt long”, is not critical though just consider it for your next upload.

tsrw_description.jpg

Good job!

ladys_sakura-skirt.jpg

Thank you so much Josh! 

I hope the clipping you found won't be a problem for anyone, as I honestly didn't see it, or I would have fixed it and tested this for another 3 months. )

But, full disclosure with you... I told you that I cheated on the waist seam on this mesh. The ones I'm working on now, I can't cheat the same way. The most recent version looked pretty good in testing, but not great, so pull them, adjust and try again. ) And funny thing... the waist looks okay, but tool kit isn't fixing the neck seams the way it does on other meshes.

I've had to work on using data transfer to get bone weights. I'm getting it. I still make mistakes with data transfer, but I understand what to do, and it coming together.

1154430021_oldUV.png.5d19447d865a0ca1a1b16434094b474a.png858096439_cheatUV.png.699c72112aa4c494742790c4750f20f5.png

281830630_oldmu.png.5fc3d42b04ed4ca9235567bbab181541.png

1102724872_MUalignraw.png.624e09d9c1046a5d9a367c45d1447c32.png

If I don't laugh, I'd cry! Data transfer... its on 2.75... got it! Normals transfer for waist seams... got it! (Just make super sure the multipliers align perfectly if the texture has even the slightest tone changes, like folds in clothes)... got it! Data transfer for bone weights... GOT IT!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

And for some unknown reason, the seam fixer tool in Meshing Tool Kit which had been working perfectly, doesn't seem to be fixing the neck seams on the meshes I'm doing now!

VODKA TIME!!! ?

HA HA HA HA HA HA (with an ever increasingly maniacal tone) HA HA HA HA.....    etc etc etc.....

Well, at least I actually got 2.75 to work on the travel laptop. ) And back to vodka since it now doesn't seem to be working on the gaming laptop again after I thought I had THAT straightened out.

Archived