Trying to make open bottom dresses

No, everything is 3d on the Harley top. The studs, the belts, the whole corset, the harness straps and hoops... ))) It just keeps getting bigger! It will be the same whenever I do the top in that pic... all 3d.

The choker part is done now. I'm making the hoops from an EA Late Night bracelet. I combined it to a top mesh with Meshing tool kit to hopefully get everything to see it as a top part and not a bracelet. I had a problem with this the last time I messed with making this top and failed!!!

I have a few more harness straps to make, then to make them 3d. After the straps, I'll be able to position the collar and make THAT 3d. The collar will attach to either the straps or I'll split the top at the collar bone and attach it there. But, I think its coming along okay so far. ) I may slap what I have together, check the poly count and toss it into TSRW to look at it again before I go much further.

In the pic is 4 separate meshes. I rearranged somethings on the meshes to make it easier to work, like taking the choker off the corset mesh and putting it with the harness straps and hoops. The arms and torso are another mesh (for now), as is the collar. Straps and hoops also go on the arms... eventually... )

Although "planning" isn't a big thing with me, I am thinking about using bones and morphs from the cocktail dress since that has bones for cleavage and will extend the spine 0 into the corset.

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

miniskirt as an accessory so it would stay on during KW woohoo

I've found that if you make something skimpy - like an open-bottom Miniskirt, you can check the NAKED category in TSRW before export. Then you select it as a nude outfit or bottom and it's woohoo with that part on the body.  Never played with KW so don't know if it has a preset nude for sex animations.  XTC doesn't so, whatever you select as a nude garment in CAS - is used. 

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

I would imaging you need to actually make a 3d garter as clothing first, say bottom briefs, so your garter mesh picks up the bones and morphs

That's what I did for the Croft Holsters.  Extremely detailed with lots of mesh components.

First few tries with the 3D garter didn't work.  But, I was trying to find a way to put a mesh into something not designed for it. But, you gave me some ideas! I could also bring up the Croft Holsters as a clone. since the holsters are assigned to hips/thighs - may not need much tweaking. 

Again Panties are usually No Mesh. Making them into an Accessory is no problem for an accessory that doesn't have a mesh anyway. If the glove fits...

I haven't looked for an accessory with a mesh for the garters yet. There are quite a few like necklaces, watches, armbands, etc.  Getting then to work is a little touchy though. It took some time to tweak the Croft Holsters to get it right as an accessory.

1 hour ago, Non-sequitur said:

Never played with KW so

Really??? Huh... I had XTC, Animated WooHoo and some other stuff, then when I found KW, I kept the others for a while, now all I have is KW. Some have said KW generates it own naked outfit, but I haven't seen it. My female meshes are slightly altered, and its my mesh when they get naked, or take their bottoms off... KW has a set up where the animations determine if top, bottom or both come off... but, "You can leave your boots on..." ))) Shoes stay on. Bottoms come off, but panties stay on for things like, "show your panties", but only if the panties are a bottom CASP or for the open bottom dresses I make, panties as accessories, listed as left garter and registered in the KW underwear menu come off.

Again Panties are usually No Mesh.

Yes, panties use a bottom mesh that is different from the nude mesh. No butt crack at all. They don't have a 3d type of pantie, although things like Shushilda's Suicide Squad Harley shorts are basically exactly that... )))

https://shushilda.tumblr.com/post/149573368859/set-daddy-s-lil-monster-clothing-accessories

I think this is the entire set that I downloaded a while ago... probably a year and a half??? But, it may give you some ides?

Well... so they are! I never bothered with panties - Always "Commando".  I think it's because I see so many that are just painted or poorly alined.

I think I looked into it a long time ago.  Changing a Mesh into an accessory like that I would assume you'd have Morph problems since there is no body reference. I think some accessories have morphs. I really don't know - It's been so long ago. I'd need to play around with it. I got pretty good at it a while ago when I made the Croft Holsters as an accessory. 

I guess it was a case of "set it- and forget it". Too many damn Squirrels!

Brain fluffs (ladies don't fart) being what they are... Panties as an accessory isn't EA, and there aren't any EA accessory panties. As far as I know, they're all CC, and I had some as accessory socks before I got KW, which takes them off during woohoo if set as left garter in CAS, and must be registered in the KW underwear list.

Panties with a mesh are bottoms, and generally meant to be used as sleepwear. 

I haven't played my 2B sim in a while, and forgot about her.  The clothes I downloaded have seriously over the top poly count meshes, BUT... possibly useful to you is the skirt and mask, which are accessories with meshes. The rar file is too big for me to put up, but here's the link...

https://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/post/159599100299/avirein-nierautomata-2b-outfit-799-followers

I also just thought about the fact that my first upload, the Lolita Maid, I also uploaded all the original accessory files as package and sims3pack. They are also a bunch of accessories with meshes, and I think they have morphs too.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/category/160-the-sims-3/page/3/

Holy poop! When I went back to find the page with the download to post for you, I saw that 836 people have downloaded the maid outfit!!! I never imagined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back from the clouds... Again, I really haven't done meshed accessories with any success except for my Catwoman mask, but morphs could be a matter of either making the mesh as a regular body part (Catwoman mask started as a face mesh) and changing it CAS designation or making it over the body mesh, adding the morphs, then deleting the body mesh, leaving just your accessory mesh?

Heck, I'm still just getting into making working pregnant morphs! Seems to be going well, so I might get a new dress out before Christmas?

I said - it's been a long time since messing with Accessories. Embarrassed to say - I forgot so much about them. Check out the Laura Croft Guns and Holster set I made. 

I went through all that making that accessory.  Anyway, When the need arises, I'll relearn... shorter learning curve this time I'll bet!

Been working on the pants.

Pretty close to what the picture you had shows.

I was going to show them here but for some reason the LoversLab system keeps telling me the image cannot be saved. Remade the images, made them into other formats - not even old images will load. 

Keeps telling me to contact them - robot...

Oh well, Maybe their tweaking of their system to update - is now making it so I can't upload things.  That's a horrifying thought.

I'm sure it'll come back to you and be easier the second time around.

I haven't gotten close to working on those pants yet. Truth is, I'll probably "repurpose" another of the leather pants by Shushilda as I did with the red and purple diamond pattern on the thigh a couple pages back. I have maybe 5 or 6 pairs of leather pants from her and they have great textures to work with.

h.jpg.5d5e61d8a65f932909089da1397e6c48.jpg

I did take a break from the one Harley top, and started on a new corset top for that outfit. I'll finish it eventually, as with all things. )

I think I may have stumbled onto something Josh was trying to teach me earlier. Totally out of frustration, because the easiest way to finish off the corset part was to solidify the edges, and my 2.8 won't save a mesh after using solidify (some error message about tangents)... so, I saved it as .obj. Then, converted it back to geom with tool kit, transferred bones with tool kit and saved it. THAT opened in 2.8 with no errors and the edge was intact! 

So, I'll also try that to make the harness straps 3d! Hopefully, it works. My last test mesh was already at 205 kb. My dresses are under that!!!

Well, sims life as I knew it was just put on indefinite hold. Dropped the game laptop and busted up the display. Everything I did for the passed 2 months is locked inside. Don't know when, or if it can be fixed. Just not enough vodka for this one.

O... M... G... !!!

I'm so sorry that happened!  

A new screen for my daughters 17" laptop is about $ 120 USD if I install it. About $400 if the Geek-Squad does it. It'll take about a week to come in (depending on how much you want to pay for shipping. There are lots of How To videos for replacing video screens on laptops. Usually only takes a small phillips screwdriver, a pair of needle nose pliers, and something to pry the little hidden screw caps out.  Once the trim cover is removed, a few more little screws holding the mounting bazzel, pull the connector from the Motherboard, swap screens, and reassemble.

Tried to upload an image with this post - same thing - cannot upload image (their system message)

I am NOT a drama queen!!!!!! ? My husband says I'm a drama queen.

Then he made me do... things... terrible naughty things!!!!!!!!! And he spanked me (not enough as far as I'm concerned, but his hand got tired). Then more terrible, naughty things....

AND... hopefully the laptop will be fixed in a week or so, depending on when the parts get to the repair shop!!!! ?

Hey, its a weapon, and I know how to use it. )))) Who am I kidding, he loves me and would have gotten the laptop fixed either way... this way was just much more fun!

He didn't feel like fixing it this time. He'll replace fans, and upgrade RAM, but didn't feel like getting into the screen replacement and took it to a shop. And yes, its a bit expensive. Fixing the game laptop costs more than this one we use for travel cost to buy. I know the screen is $85, and there are a few other things wrong with it. Not sure of the total price, but I think its close to that $400.

We're a heck of a couple. He has no patience at all, but I have less. AND... he loves me!!!! He tried one more time to start the laptop before taking it to the shop, and managed to see through the mess and put a lot of my stuff on a thumb drive, and put it on this laptop for me.)))))) I'm skipping the top for now, but also started on the leather pants for the other outfit. I finally got it good enough to make a game test package.

b.jpg.520085bf1a1140ff0ed347b00a3b4534.jpg

c.jpg.9888570dca904ed9f6ecf1369351fa7e.jpg

I went back to the bottom I made using the texture by Shushilda, and reused a lot, but made the belt and belt loops 3d on this one. I may make the buckle 3d, if it isn't tooooooooooo much more work, but I also did some playing around with how I did the normal map, and it really cuts things deep and defines them in the leather. Its usually too much on most stuff I make.

I stayed with the same basic bottom briefs mesh from the other leather I did so it would work with boots. I may eventually make those boots as height altering boots. My Harley needs them, since she's kind of tiny.

I still need to add that second belt under the bigger belt. I also will need to play with the mesh for the big belt. I had the holes in the belt, but they got stretched out on the sides and didn't look right, so I scrapped them for now. This ended up being another 4 channel color mask. It takes me a while, because I keep forgetting how to put them together.

I downloaded about 10 or more pics of the outfit and of some life size foam statue for references, and am trying to include as much detail as I can, and try to find ways to make it work. This is a good pic. I wish I could find a pose like this so I could do this shot. But, those are the boots I plan to make... eventually...

And, I might pull parts from the police outfit to make the belt bags? Like you said, a work in progress...

1076042252_71uwASjY4L._AC_SL1089_.thumb.jpg.3489862e70f56038ef5e9b60ef3aefeb.jpg

If punishment is your "thing" It's surprising you don't go around breaking everything! lol

Me, well... I'm more of a Tantric Novit.  They've been practicing marathon techniques for thousands of years and still have a following - can't be all wrong. I go for the spiritual sensuality aspect.

Love the texture although, like you say, the Normal map adds a little to much cut/depth but is nearly perfect.  Just need to remove a little contrast on the map - I think... don't know for sure. In any case your tweaking of the texture is really nice.

My CPU fan is growling It seems problematic to find 95x25 mm fans around this area. Some say 92x25, some say they don't make that style of mounting for a fan any more. Arrrggghhh! Forced Obsolescence! Went window shopping for a used gaming system. Best I've found is an AMD with 1 TB HDD, 250GB SSD for about $500 USD. Not bad but I really don't like Windoz 8 and above.  At least I picked up a few Case and CPU fans yesterday - two were given to me. So, maybe one will fit. if not, I'll need to take it to the shop as well.

On 12/4/2019 at 1:24 PM, Non-sequitur said:

If punishment is your "thing" It's surprising you don't go around breaking everything! lol

Haha! Not really... THAT much. ) When my husband is REALLY pissed, he tends to shut up and walk away... I think its his defense mechanism, so HE doesn't break things. Oh, he wouldn't break me! No worries about that. ) But for me and a good spanking... maybe its the KW sims influence? Hmmm... ???? ? I'm sort of strict Orthodox, but not looking to be a nun! )))

On the leather, I'd rather have too much texture than not enough. Its a rough, so I'll be tweaking it, but over all, I like it more than if it was too flat... at least for leather, as I say. Most fabrics, it would be way too much texture.

Just need to remove a little contrast on the map - I think... don't know for sure.

I've been experimenting with the "sharpen" in the GIMP filters menu, as well as scale in the normals map maker... AND contrast. The limits of TSRW imaging is a pain in the butt, since so much detail is lost, and you really can't see what you did until making a package and testing it in game. (((

My CPU fan is growling It seems problematic to find 95x25 mm fans around this area.

Have you tried Amazon? I know you said your computer is older, but so many vendors are selling so much stuff there. My husband has found fans for our laptops there.

Not to sound like a girl, but I leave the technical stuff to my husband... one of several things I find him useful for! SPANK ME DADDY! HUH WHAT? Who said that??? ))))

I do know that Windows 8 worked pretty well. I have a lot of issues with 10. For some reason, the whole computer will lock up. I reset windows file explorer with task manager, and everything runs fine.

I started on the top for that outfit. Over the top again! So far, its 3 pieces, and so to be 4. ALL done as 3d... torso, top and corset, with straps coming. ) My deficiency with multipliers is becoming a strength in meshing as I am working a lot with multiple mesh parts to separate what I can't do with a line on a multiplier. I even 3d'd the bra! )))

OY! And I "borrowed" a gun from Desecrate to make UZIs for Harley! This one is a rough. It doesn't align with the hand right, but looks good on the table... too dark, but aside from that...

gun.PNG.f26d0bedbec9716bc98b11b4e75ef7b8.PNG

After I get this one to work, I might try making one for the left hand too... and then, as accessories, so I can make some pose pics with the guns! ) But, I'll finish the rough top and make a package first, then maybe rough the boots to a package, and then go back to finish everything.

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

since so much detail is lost

What I was meaning was - after you have the Normals bump map created just select the entire layer (or copy of it), go to Colors>Lighten/Contrast, and lower the contrast a little.

It will soften the edges a tiny bit which will cause a smoother blend of shadow - the "bump" wont be so hard.  A really simple thing to try with hardly any effort to check if it works for you. 

You could always grab my Laura Croft Guns and holster  - it comes with and without the guns. It's set up as an accessory and should easily fit your model. Or, just grab the hand guns. 

Then ... I suppose it's off to install your Assassin Mod - hmmm?

Your going to end up with a Sims 3 version of GTA. lol.

On 12/2/2019 at 7:13 AM, LadySmoks said:

Dropped the game laptop and busted up the display.

If your laptop has a VGA (or HDMI) connector, you can connect the monitor from the desktop computer there. I do that a lot when I watch videos. The laptop screen is too small for that. It is possible to load a laptop without the main screevvv.png.1817fa71585c217bde9863ab9da43bc2.pngn in this way.

2 hours ago, sim333 said:

you can connect the monitor from the desktop computer there

That would be a nice thing. The problem is that...

If you're lucky enough to get it to work - screen is busted up so you can't see menu selections to switch to the HDMI or VGA output.

With most laptops the default screen is the built in display. Although other video ports are available, you need to select these ports as a video output before they are viewable.  Without being able to see the menus on a busted screen - you might as well enjoy the down time and get it fixed.

32 minutes ago, Non-sequitur said:

That would be a nice thing. The problem is that...

You're right, setting up without the main screen can be problematic. Perhaps in CMOS settings it is necessary to enable it. I was lucky, it worked immediately and itself. Connected even the old TV through an adapter on VGA.

8 hours ago, Non-sequitur said:

What I was meaning was - after you have the Normals bump map created just select the entire layer (or copy of it), go to Colors>Lighten/Contrast, and lower the contrast a little.

That's what I meant too. I've been playing with several different ways to get deeper normals maps. Contrast before and after converting the diffuse map to a normals is just one. Increasing image sharpness in the filters menu is another. Converting to a bump map to increase "height" was something I tried, but seem to have better success with contrast and sharpness.

But, I want the deep cut contrast on these leather pants. I like the way it makes the diamonds on her thighs look very cut and defined.

9 hours ago, Non-sequitur said:

Then ... I suppose it's off to install your Assassin Mod - hmmm?

Already in my game! Why do you think I have the guns? ) 

4 hours ago, sim333 said:

If your laptop has a VGA (or HDMI) connector, you can connect the monitor from the desktop computer there.

Thanks, but as Non-Sequitur said, you need to be able to see the laptop screen to set up the external monitor. Its also possible to connect the laptops through your modem, but once again, you need to be able to see the screen to set it up. ( I think laptops are getting away from VGA? Not sure about the game laptop, but this one only has an HDMI connection.

Well, I didn't like the top too much when I looked at it in game. ((( The leather pants look good, but I'm redoing them too, with more detail and shiny stuff! ))) But, the gun accessories looked pretty good... at least the left hand gun. I made one of those silly mistakes and made both right and left from the same base, and both packages ended up with the same CASP number!!! DUH! But, its the left one I wasn't sure about, and that's the one that showed in game, and is connected to the hand. ) The right one is cloned from the bat, which is right hand. For the left, I mirrored the gun, moved it to the hand, then reassigned the bone. Wasn't sure how it would work since I had never tried it before. )))

What a cute couple!!!

dna.jpg.abcab862b18b727e9511a9da973fcfb0.jpg

He looks like he wants to say, "oh boy... here she goes again..."

The pants look really good!

The top... well, the details are really nice but I don't like the way the cup holders came out. A little too much Kevlar padding for my taste..

The boots could use some sharpness with the dark colors.

The gun also looks great. The grip is spot on.

She kind of reminds me of my Jr. High Typing teacher. Pretty... but something is misfiring. 

I don't know If you have tried this before...

The next time you save out a UV Map from Blender be sure to set the output size to 2048x2048.

Before you put anything down on the multiplier make sure the entire image is set to 2048x2048 at 1200 DPI. It makes a big file.

Arrange and scale your UV components on the 2048 canvas. 

The detail is very nice and TSRW will take any DDS. 

Just to test it out - grab Harley's Pants Multiplier (yours), bring it up in GIMP, and Scale the image to 2048x2048 with resolution at 1200 DPI. Save and plug it into TSRW.

I made a test with my Harley multiplier to see if there were any improvements... There were.  Like going from Standard TV to watching something 4K. Well, maybe not that drastic... but some improvement.

He looks like he wants to say, "oh boy... here she goes again..."

Basically!

I'm redoing the pants again, but of course holding on to this version until I know the next ones are better. The top isn't mine, its LorandiaSims. I just put the diamond pattern on it in CAS. No padding, My Harley is a busty girl with some curves. She's -112 on height slider, but +45ish on hips and butt... boobs, more than +100 on 3 different sliders, not quite as big as Josh Q models, but... and her waist is cinched in -512.

Those boots are a remake of a pair I made from a pair of Josh boots maybe a couple of years ago? I doubt I even made a normals map for them back then, and can't remember if I added one on a remake of the remake? Either way, the problem is color and brightness differences between TSRW (shows brighter) and game (a bit dark). I lightened all the colors a little and they look better... just have to adjust them in TSRW when I make the new packages. 

Eventually, I plan to make boots that look more like the pics.

The guns are coming along nicely, yes. Making a right hand object stay in the left wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I had problems with trying something similar a while ago and scrapped the whole thing. I didn't understand bones back then and freely admit it.

I shut the game down, repackaged the right hand gun with a new CASP and got it in the game. )))

Next step with the guns will be to make them a buy item and use them on a killing spree!

The next time you save out a UV Map from Blender be sure to set the output size to 2048x2048.

Hilarious!!!! The reason I laugh is because I went that way on the latest redo of the pants!!! Shushilda's original multiplier is in 2048 x 2048. I had been scaling it down, but last night, decided to scale everything else up! )))

Either way is still a pain in the butt when fixing the color mask. You would think that where the mask colors blend, the color of the outfit would blend too, but all you get are white specks, so I go back and hand paint each edge where rgb meet, especially angles! OY!!!

Archived