Starbound Fracking Universe

Hey guys/gals! first ever post. I'be been really into Starbound recently and i've been enjoying the Fracking universe mod but i recently that there's a whole thing about the creators of that mod not being happy with people making Sexbound mods for it and their races. so i was wondering if there was a way or a mod or something that just disables the new races without getting rid of FU. 

Let me know if there's anything i can do. thanks! 

Sayter is not the most rational person, and the only thing you can do is ignore the new races, it shouldn't cause much problem with sexbound, I'm using it right now with FU, otherwise, you can make compatibility patches for them and don't distribute them, but that's very time consuming

1 hour ago, pokemonty said:

Hey guys/gals! first ever post. I'be been really into Starbound recently and i've been enjoying the Fracking universe mod but i recently that there's a whole thing about the creators of that mod not being happy with people making Sexbound mods for it and their races. so i was wondering if there was a way or a mod or something that just disables the new races without getting rid of FU. 

sexbound should still work. the only thing is if you make a private support for sexbound/ support for a race in fu for your self and noone else, the support will not  work if i remember right  they added something in fu to block out support for the fu races. you should be good.

2 hours ago, pokemonty said:

Well, users already asked in the mod's page if that was a option, Sayter directly, strictly and... bluntly... put it simply as Algene said: "You don't have to use them if you don't want to"-- but they're probably enforced into NPC generation at some point, among a few other non-playable races i've seen FU add. You'd have to unpack FU and remove the races yourself, but there'd probably be a few issues from doing so.

As for compatibility with just FU existing... yeah, its neigh 100% compatible, only the recent Defeat mod has issues with it. The "Convert pregnant enemies into allies" feature from defeat isn't working when FU is installed, because of their "madness" system that constantly reverts NPC's back to their previous DamageTeam. (Essentially, the faction value)

• 10 months later...

to be honest, I am trying my hand at modding in my own sprites for this- but i cant seem to find the base art files for the FU races, i looked in the FU file, and looked in the FU races file, cant find them anywhere, so trying to get a good idea of the base sprite Pallet is hard when you cant find the base sprite

but then i read that the modder just up and added somthing to block any support for the races? 

that really sucks dick- I am somone who advocates that anything I make be expanded apon and such by others,i dont care as long as you dont force it on me if i dont want it but.... 

whatever it doesnt matter

Sadly, your belief that author's content is to be expanded lands exactly at your counter-statement:

11 hours ago, Dragonhunter4321 said:

I dont care as long as you dont force it on me if i dont want it

Sayter doesn't want the support to happen, and it's a widely known fact. If you don't get his permission to work with his (he-he) content, anything support-like could be made straight up illegal.

Most likely, SxB developer position would be as such: "Unless Sayter himself comes asking for SxB support, no permission for supports would be given."

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 2:51 PM, Dragonhunter4321 said:

but then i read that the modder just up and added somthing to block any support for the races? 

that really sucks dick- I am somone who advocates that anything I make be expanded apon and such by others,i dont care as long as you dont force it on me if i dont want it but.... 

whatever it doesnt matter

I'm too lazy to manually check every file, but i'd suggest starting with opening both mod folders, and checking which files FU shares with Sexbound and what patches FU is trying to force into the game, the first thing i noticed is that FU has an "artworks" folder that will most likely replace some race animations that you possibly might add. (also, message me if you do manage to make a personal version)

• 3 months later...

I, too, would quite like this. As it functions now, an FU race will just magic into a human (by default) for any scenes. Kinda disappointing, I gotta say. If anything is done about this, even if it's just personal support, I'd like to know.

Even if it is technically illegal, it seems like it'd be hard for FU's dev to actually do anything about it, realistically. Besides, ignorance is bliss as they say.

4 hours ago, redcrimson1 said:

I, too, would quite like this. As it functions now, an FU race will just magic into a human (by default) for any scenes. Kinda disappointing, I gotta say. If anything is done about this, even if it's just personal support, I'd like to know.

Even if it is technically illegal, it seems like it'd be hard for FU's dev to actually do anything about it, realistically. Besides, ignorance is bliss as they say.

oh, sure, aside from sayter having the dangerous combination of having the legal authority and an ego the size of texas, what could possibly go wrong?

unless his alternate universe counterpart or a body snatcher takes over fu, the answer will be no and any public discussion of subverting that is extremely ill advised

It would not surprise me if it's far more than just me that effectively have an alt account for this kind of stuff. Good luck doing anything more than taking down the mod when you have no way of finding out who that person is, and they may not even live in a country where your argument will go anywhere.

Besides, it's an unaffiliated add-on for a free mod. There is no benefit from making this than mere enjoyment. Sayter loses nothing if someone else does this. If I had the knowledge on how to put this together I'd do it myself. If I ended up having to take it down then I'd keep it or myself and give a copy to anyone who asks me themselves.

And besides, at least in the cases I've heard of, it's a case of courtesy rather than legal permission. Unless things changes at some point, Minecraft is one of those. Regardless of what a mod author wants, you can make an addon for that mod. At most, they may get your addon taken off the site. Maybe Sayter can get a mod taken off the site, but he would struggle to do anything more to a faceless name on the internet

15 minutes ago, redcrimson1 said:

It would not surprise me if it's far more than just me that effectively have an alt account for this kind of stuff. Good luck doing anything more than taking down the mod when you have no way of finding out who that person is, and they may not even live in a country where your argument will go anywhere.

Besides, it's an unaffiliated add-on for a free mod. There is no benefit from making this than mere enjoyment. Sayter loses nothing if someone else does this. If I had the knowledge on how to put this together I'd do it myself. If I ended up having to take it down then I'd keep it or myself and give a copy to anyone who asks me themselves.

And besides, at least in the cases I've heard of, it's a case of courtesy rather than legal permission. Unless things changes at some point, Minecraft is one of those. Regardless of what a mod author wants, you can make an addon for that mod. At most, they may get your addon taken off the site. Maybe Sayter can get a mod taken off the site, but he would struggle to do anything more to a faceless name on the internet

Or he can just hammer out Sexbound incompatibility updates, as he tried to do once. Frackin still have blank artwork files that, should you add support for their species, they would replace the artwork with blank images.

Thankfully, Sayter has not taken the effort of making Sexbound directly incompatible with FU, if they did, they'd probably stir more trouble on the inside of their own mod development, user hate and etc, and someone over here would likely make a "un-hinder patch" to make it work, but i'm more so concerned they have the manpower and even the change necessary to throw around to attack this website, and others, related to the project, and their spite for adult content, not just Sayter but their community in large, among other modders, is rather massive.

So, i won't stop or complain with people if they go underground, and share the support on their own networks. But i strongly advise against making it, and will kindly ask the content to be taken down if it's posted here, not just because of the mod's courtesy, but also for the safety of the website, to reduce any impact or chance of attacks, while also trying to keep the Sexbound project out of their scope and spite.

• 3 months later...

you cant, most races in fracking universe are from third party modders, one of said modders is a friend of mine and she discovered someone made a sexbound patch of one of her races, of course she wasnt happy about that.

this is why the FU community isnt open to the sexbound community, since they had a bad habbit of just snatching stuff.

i know tgats not everyone of you, but FU compatibility is never going to happen. i believe its even made to crash if anything sexbound related is detected in the files when FU is installed.

sorry pal

5 hours ago, Thatoneoctopus said:

you cant, most races in fracking universe are from third party modders, one of said modders is a friend of mine and she discovered someone made a sexbound patch of one of her races, of course she wasnt happy about that.

this is why the FU community isnt open to the sexbound community, since they had a bad habbit of just snatching stuff.

i know tgats not everyone of you, but FU compatibility is never going to happen. i believe its even made to crash if anything sexbound related is detected in the files when FU is installed.

sorry pal

The last thing is not true though. I can run them together just fine, no crashing at all occurs.

• 7 months later...
On 12/17/2020 at 11:56 AM, Thatoneoctopus said:

sorry pal

That last is utter bullshit lel, no, it does not crash at all. As stated, you just can't interact with the races.

EDIT : Also wouldn't that be the biggest dickmove that can't be justified at all?
Imagine taking a game away from a person that paid for it, just because their fun isn't the same as yours.

Yeah, exactly.

Edited by MuzuMiru
On 7/24/2021 at 6:17 PM, MuzuMiru said:

That last is utter bullshit lel, no, it does not crash at all. As stated, you just can't interact with the races.

EDIT : Also wouldn't that be the biggest dickmove that can't be justified at all?
Imagine taking a game away from a person that paid for it, just because their fun isn't the same as yours.

Yeah, exactly.

People being that kind of spiteful isn't very cash money.

Edited by BeepBorpDug56
grammar error.

Honestly, if Sayter could, he would make it so his mod would crash the game on start up if Sexbound is installed. Sayter is a great mod creator, but terrible at talking to others about certain topics, and bad at making certain decisions. I seen him in the comments of FU being spiteful to people who make small mistakes and just ask for help.

He was perfectly okay with destroying a ton of race mods just so he can merge FR into FU. Its one of the many reasons why I don't use FU anymore. He only really uses his mod and when he sees another mod he likes he will add it to FU if given the chance. He has been very vocal about why he doesn't like Sexbound and his followers will attack anyone who says anything negative about his mod. Even if its nothing really bad.

Basically, if anything even remotely lewd is brought up to Sayter or on the topic of FU, its gonna be a bad time. The past has proven this.

7 hours ago, HighwayDio said:

Honestly, if Sayter could, he would make it so his mod would crash the game on start up if Sexbound is installed. Sayter is a great mod creator, but terrible at talking to others about certain topics, and bad at making certain decisions. I seen him in the comments of FU being spiteful to people who make small mistakes and just ask for help.

He was perfectly okay with destroying a ton of race mods just so he can merge FR into FU. Its one of the many reasons why I don't use FU anymore. He only really uses his mod and when he sees another mod he likes he will add it to FU if given the chance. He has been very vocal about why he doesn't like Sexbound and his followers will attack anyone who says anything negative about his mod. Even if its nothing really bad.

Basically, if anything even remotely lewd is brought up to Sayter or on the topic of FU, its gonna be a bad time. The past has proven this.

Man, that's just on a whole new level of sad.

• 7 months later...
On 3/18/2022 at 6:04 AM, demonerway said:

Excuse me, I know this topic is dead, but it kills me to know what Sayter's drama is with SxB?

Necromancy is a very dangerous art my man, I don't know the whole thing, I just come here to man the pumps and row with one hand, that aside I have a nigh aversion to Discord where all this happened from what I know, you should ask the guys from there for the whole drama, which in my opinion is not worth any ones time, but just to try to answer: Puritanism maybe? I hope not, FU has a lot of R+18 content in itself, so maybe some sort of "control" on what the users have access to. no idea, honestly, he possibly just doesn't want to have his name associated with a sexmod or his mod "tainted", I can assure you, if he was the one to make sexbound, FU would be the lewdest universe in all of fiction, only thing I know is that he and his associates don't want sexbound in their mod, is their decision and must be respected, I do find the whole thing silly being utterly honest, but what can one do?.

On 20/3/2022 at 10:41, Algene said:

La nigromancia es un arte muy peligroso amigo mío, no lo sé todo, solo vengo aquí para manejar las bombas y remar con una mano, aparte de eso, tengo una aversión cercana a Discord, donde sucedió todo esto, por lo que sé, Deberías preguntarles a los muchachos de allí por todo el drama, que en mi opinión no vale la pena, pero solo para tratar de responder: ¿puritanismo tal vez? Espero que no, FU tiene mucho contenido R+18 en sí mismo, así que tal vez algún tipo de "control" sobre a qué tienen acceso los usuarios. ni idea, sinceramente, posiblemente no quiera que su nombre se asocie con un sexmod o que su mod esté "contaminado", te puedo asegurar que si él fuera el que hiciera sexbound, FU sería el universo más lascivo de todo ficción, lo único que sé es que él y sus asociados no quieren sexbound en su mod, es su decisión y debe ser respetada,

Thank you very much, your answer is enough, and the truth is that even if it is the syter mod, universe and whatever, it seems very hypocritical that sayter puts a "NO" so full of repudiation, as if it were something sick SxB and extremely obscene , when you can even immerse yourself in role-playing games