Crash to desktop since v.3.2.1

joemann

Since yesterday's  update 3.2.1, I am getting CTD after a couple of minutes in every new game I start. Not in a previously saved game under 3.2.0. I am only running my DWR compatible mod.

Anybody else experiencing this? It could of course be my mod being incompatible with the update. If that is the case, how do you go about finding where the issue lies? The developers  changelog doesn't indicate any obvious topics where to start looking.

Do you know where the error log is kept?  You can find it at \Users\<yourusername>l\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\logs.    Typically the conflict is the last line.   Though, it does sound like the memory issue CK2 was having several years ago, which haunted anyone who met the requirements to run CK2, but only barely.  Paradox has been known to be sloppy when it comes to loading up the swap cache with stupid stuff and causing overflows (and CTDs).

Thanks for your reactions guys, but I think I found the problem. I had started messing around with "wonders" and forgot to delete the file. Probably something in the patch interfered with my file. After deleting it the problem no longer occurs.

• 2 months later...

Archived