I was working to install a mod (XeoSP, working to Xeo SP++) and by the directions of aforementioned mod I need to access my Oblivion.Ini file. Pretty simple, even told me where it was at, cut and dry for the beginner. So, following the download path through my documents to the oblivion folder where it should be, but instead my folder contains Oblivion.Ini.Baked hence my two fold question:

One, I assume this isn't the same, so what do I do with it, and/or two, if it is still fine what tool should I be using to modify it, as I can open an .ini file easily, but not a BAKED (backed up?) one. 

I'll post the other information (load order/utilities/etc) asked for in a spoiler below in the event that it is relevant.

Spoiler

Utilities

OBSE: 20.6

Pluggy: 132 (I'm pretty sure, as I installed it for LAPF).

Load Order: //Likely a bit messy, but this is one of my first forays into modding, so a heavy dose of trial and error I suppose.

Oblivion.esm
Lovers with PK.esm
LoversCreature.esm
Open Cities Resources.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp
Knights.esp
Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp
Open Cities Reborn.esp
MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
LoversMB2.esp
Lovers with PK.esp
PlayerSlaveEncounters_v0.72.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
LoversPayBandit.esp
MidasSpells.esp
LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
Expensive Shop v1.esp
LoversRapeSlave.esp
LoversLight.esp
LoversBed.esp
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
LoversCreature.esp
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp
LoversRaperS.esp
Actually Valuable Valuables.esp
ArchmageRobesSkyrimized.esp
OblivionRacesUnlocked3.5.esp
PacifistSpellPack.esp
X.Races.Comp.esp
ZUPocketDimension.esp
xeoex.esp

Sort your Mods!!!!!! Or Lovers will not work right.

Read my Link :  All about load order, ini,  right installation,....

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/36443-oblivion-install-gametoolsbodiesbbb-load-order-sorting-espesm-cleaning-cs-cse-body-stretching/

And the Oblivion.ini is in C :  users  \  "your user name" \  My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\

There is also your save folder.

In the  Game Oblivion folder is only the Oblivion_default.ini  ( Never change or delete it )

And your Oblivion.ini.Baked   seems to be a Backup. I do not know which  tool did it . Do you use WryeBash?

You can not open it. Only if you delete the " .Baked   " you can open it.  ( rename it to Oblivion.ini )

But you do not need it. You can store it in another folder if it bothers you. Or delete it. If you delete the ini  in My Games\Oblivion\  the game will create a new ini when you start it. 

You make the changes in the Oblivion.ini

Alright, and thank you. I've sorted that out, but it seems that whilst using XeoSP my character is faceless (just floating hair). It doesn't/hasn't do/done this when the mod is/was disabled, so I know that's what it is, I'm just not sure what would cause that.  

Any Ideas?

Thanks Again!

Yes first archive invalidate via bsa redirection.

And if it is not fixed open the Xeo esp/esm  with TES4Edit or CS and check the race. The Head meshes and textures path. Then check your game folders if you have the meshes and textures.

I do not have Xeo.

But other race Mods.

In TES4Edit it will look like this

Spoiler

1 in the esp  open race

2 click the race with the missing head .

3  in the right window you see the race.  If the Mod change a Vanilla race you see the Oblivion/Vanilla left and Mod changes right of the Oblivion esm.

Scroll down to  head.

There you see meshes/nif path and textures/dds path

head.jpg

Check your game folders if you have the nif and the textures ( TWO textures  xxxxhead.dds and xxxxhead_n.dds   )

If you do not have the nif and/or dds you have installed something wrong.

check your unpack folder/Mod and search the files   and copy them in the right folders . Or you missed to install a requirement.

13 hours ago, WesterlyIsh said:

Alright, thank you both, I've found the problem: When I copy pasted the textures over to my Data folder my computer spritzed out on me and made a  Textures (1) instead of merging them. 

Then do not copy the textures folder, copy the subfolders and paste them in your game textures folder.

But I still do not understand why you can copy textures folders from other mods without problems in your game data folder , but the DM shop textures folder did not work  ????

20 hours ago, movomo said:

The oblivion.ini.baked was probably generated by Vortex. You're better off using Wrye or OBMM.

That'd make sense, as I tried to figure out Vortex but ended up going wit OBMM as it was being... A pain to say the least. 

13 hours ago, fejeena said:

Then do not copy the textures folder, copy the subfolders and paste them in your game textures folder.

But I still do not understand why you can copy textures folders from other mods without problems in your game data folder , but the DM shop textures folder did not work  ????

I'm not sure, but it seems to work now, so I think the computer just had a temporary hiccup... Hasn't done it with anything else. 

Archived