Heavy Rain nude mod

16 hours ago, FindersKeepers said:

I attached the problem that Santyrl was trying to convey. There's a vertical resolution config "mod" I found along with the ability to remove cinematic black bars from the top and bottom which allowed me to capture this image. There indeed is a white patch. I'm not sure if it's part of the texture or a new object.

Several months ago I tried several things to attempt to get the PS3 tools working to pull apart the data, but seems like the file structures are different from when those tools are made. PS4 version may have changed that.

Hide contents

HeavyRain_Patch.jpg

can you link this mod? this vertical resolution that allows you to take a pic like this

1 hour ago, tigers said:

can you link this mod? this vertical resolution that allows you to take a pic like this

This was using a resolution mod on https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/1327-heavy-rain-ultrawide-multimonitor-54-patchers/ . Believe I had set the 5:4 resolution to see what kind of details were there.

I'm not much of a modder, only having dome simple stuff like texture replacements and cheat engine manipulation. Most of the time someone else does a much better job. Bunch of programming experience, but it's not 1:1 with modding.

I can share some PS3 information however which might point some light of what Quantum Dreams patched in the game. Full disclaimer, I was embarrassingly obsessed with this in the past.

Before the PC version, I had experimented with the known glitches in the PS3 version to see what level of nudity you can achieve. I only did experiments with Madison, so I cannot confirm if this trick works with Ethan. There is a speed running tactic listed here which allows the player to "queue up" an action, but not trigger it. In Madison's shower scene, there is a mirror which you can queue up a left or right motion action. After undressing (which uses the up and down actions), you can trigger the mirror action and teleport Madison to the mirror and walk around her apartment naked. (NOTE: I could not find confirmation that anyone else did this on the internet... I probably should have shared this sooner)

However, this was patched out later. I can confirm the original PS3 release version works this way (non greatest hits version). The patch that added in the PS Move controllers does not. While you can still queue up tasks, once you stand on the undressing spot, all queued actions are cleared. The same is for the PS4 and PC versions. PC does have the crotch patch, but I could not manipulate the PS4 version to find out if it was also that way.

I will look into recording the PS3 glitch so there's some evidence, but I lack HDMI recording hardware or any cellphone tripods. I was hoping this worked on PS4 cause it's easy to record there. Considering that glitch only works on the original(ish) game version and save files are not backwards compatible, I'll post some pictures of it later. Sorry about the tease.

As mentioned, I took some pictures of the glitch on PS3. They look TERRIBLE since they are from a phone camera, but without an HDMI recorder, I have no other way to show these.

This is the prompt storage glitch mentioned above. Notice that the prompt is still on the screen even though the character is far away from it. As soon as the right action is used, the character teleports.

Spoiler

Madison_PromptSave.thumb.jpg.ae4472f49ce97cb1d281b4f20c7ec203.jpg

After removing a top or bottom, you can activate the second action and "warp" with full control.

Spoiler

Madison_Topless.jpg.b7a3ead2e80d1af50c901f3d5543c605.jpg

Queue up the action again and you can remove the second piece. As you can see here I activated it in the middle of the shower, so all the water effects are magically still there. But you can walk around the room.

Spoiler

Madison_NudeWet.jpg.380fddf21a7d3a8b8059bb0e7719b8fc.jpgMadison_NudeLight.jpg.50941210550175ddee9f3f6d20028cf4.jpg

I know this isn't the PC nude mod we were hoping for, but it might be something fun to do if you have access to PS3 and an old copy of Heavy Rain. I have NOT been able to reproduce this on PS4 or PC.

To my knowledge, there aren't any tools to manipulate the PS4 or PC version yet, and I don't have any real source code to dredge through on the PS3 versions I found. Maybe this glitch will inspire some additional info.

Well going back to PS3 will certainly be a pain. Though even with the pussy censored, I wouldnt mind that model being replaced with the main models. At least that would be better than nothing. Wonder why this game is not getting any modding love

16 minutes ago, FindersKeepers said:

As mentioned, I took some pictures of the glitch on PS3. They look TERRIBLE since they are from a phone camera, but without an HDMI recorder, I have no other way to show these.

This is the prompt storage glitch mentioned above. Notice that the prompt is still on the screen even though the character is far away from it. As soon as the right action is used, the character teleports.

Reveal hidden contents

After removing a top or bottom, you can activate the second action and "warp" with full control.

Reveal hidden contents

Queue up the action again and you can remove the second piece. As you can see here I activated it in the middle of the shower, so all the water effects are magically still there. But you can walk around the room.

Reveal hidden contents

Madison_NudeWet.jpg.380fddf21a7d3a8b8059bb0e7719b8fc.jpgMadison_NudeLight.jpg.50941210550175ddee9f3f6d20028cf4.jpg

I know this isn't the PC nude mod we were hoping for, but it might be something fun to do if you have access to PS3 and an old copy of Heavy Rain. I have NOT been able to reproduce this on PS4 or PC.

To my knowledge, there aren't any tools to manipulate the PS4 or PC version yet, and I don't have any real source code to dredge through on the PS3 versions I found. Maybe this glitch will inspire some additional info.

does this glitch work for RPCS3? and any version works?

20 minutes ago, FindersKeepers said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Oh my goodness! It'd be amazing to see all of this in motion with actual video footage especially during her burglary nightmare!  The picture quality looks amazing too and I'm glad you were able to share this sooner! I also appreciate the small details that went into the effects when characters stay drenched and so on. Unfortunately, I don't have this version of the game or could produce it myself since I prefer PC anyway.

I hope for more!

14 minutes ago, aysar said:

does this glitch work for RPCS3? and any version works?

If RPCS3 can actually emulate the game and get the correct ISO, then I don't see why it wouldn't work. Didn't even realize that was a thing. This might be the best solution to record the glitch footage considering I don't own a capture card (pricey) and I'd be ashamed of recording it using phone. Might be the first thing I try to save footage.

I've only been able to trigger the nude glitch on the original day 1 version of the PS3 game. Wasn't able to find a version number, but the full glitch doesn't work if you have the ability to use the PS Move controllers. That seems to be when it was patched out.

It does not work on the PS4 or PC. While you can still start the glitch and keep the first prompt on the screen, as soon as you remove one piece of clothing the game "clears" any queued up prompt. PS4 was the only actual attempt I did with this though, and it was much harder considering the higher frame rate. I assumed it wasn't going to work on PC either.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, machikoshouse said:

Has anyone made progress with this?

Beyond Two Souls?

Detroit, Become Human?

Everyone Needs nude mods for these!

Not exactly. But I've now got Heavy Rain and Beyond but still hoping to figure this out eventually.

Also, again, it shouldn't be too difficult considering nude models are actually intact in the game. We'll see, hopefully, someday.

In the meantime, someone else is attempting something with the original PS3 version.

17 hours ago, VenturousGamer said:

Not exactly. But I've now got Heavy Rain and Beyond but still hoping to figure this out eventually.

Also, again, it shouldn't be too difficult considering nude models are actually intact in the game. We'll see, hopefully, someday.

In the meantime, someone else is attempting something with the original PS3 version.

Okay, thank you for the information on this... I'm hoping some brilliant modder can can make it happen at some point for the PC versions:)

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 5:36 PM, PepeLordd said:

for fucks sake stop commenting if you have nothing to add

Eat me. Seems like progress to me. Take it and like it or fuck off.
On a constructive note, it would seem to me that this mod which I provided a screenshot of; (not my screenshot) could be made nude with something like texmod or umod or resorep. Something like that?

Well, somebody woke up on the wrong side of I've-got-a-tiny-dick-and-love-to-be-angry this evening.
And people are being forwarded to this conversation from the one about all three quantic games. Talk to the moderators about that.  So again, I say, eat me.

Furthermore, two comments before mine were about beyond Two Souls and a generic comment about how it would be nice to have mods for all three games. Neither really added anything, nor were they specifically about the game this thread was started about. Did they receive a boat load of crap for their comments? No. So, maybe the real problem is the gender of the poster, then? Is this a boys only club? Not that I care. I go where I want.

On 8/12/2020 at 5:36 PM, PepeLordd said:

for fucks sake stop commenting if you have nothing to add

On 8/15/2020 at 8:59 PM, Ultraneroz said:

Pepelord is right stop fucking commenting if  you have nothing to add. and if you can even call that progress go create a Detroit thread and fuck off from heavy rain’s

Holy shit cut the BS. At least she offered something. Other then "man can't wait for this game, or oh I just bought the game would be nice to have mods!" You don't have to comment if there's nothing new to add. Meaning, if you read someone just saying something similar to the posters above you, just move on. Instead of being rude.

10 hours ago, liviaD34d said:

Furthermore, two comments before mine were about beyond Two Souls and a generic comment about how it would be nice to have mods for all three games. Neither really added anything, nor were they specifically about the game this thread was started about. Did they receive a boat load of crap for their comments? No. So, maybe the real problem is the gender of the poster, then? Is this a boys only club? Not that I care. I go where I want.

@liviaD34d - No gender issues here on the forum that I know of. Just rude people being rude.

1 hour ago, peterhorny said:

A tutorial of how to model swap in DBH, don't know if this work with heavy rain.

You can get a lot of the model codes, including the nude Kara and the Traci models from The Detroit Become Human Launcher on Nexus to use with that information. Just right click the DBHLauncherModels.cfg file and open with notepad ++ or just notepad for the list that's included there. I'm sure there's a list elsewhere also, but that seemed like a quick resource. Smaller list of 50, females only and mostly well known characters, so you don't have to search. Hope it helps.

• 3 months later...

I tried out that model swapping for Detroit: Become Human in an effort to have Kara be nude. It was a super easy process, but unfortunately the "naked Kara" models you see in the lists aren't really naked. She's in the underwear from the tech demo, as I sort of expected. Model swapping Kara into her underwear has already been done and is available on NexusMods. Since Detroit: Become Human does not have nude models of Kara in the actual game, has the community figured out at all how to inject models into the game so we can have Kara fully naked?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...