Bodypaint Tatoos

View File

This is just a proof-of-concept tattoo mod - more of an example than anything at this point.

Basically, it lets you build tattoo kits at a chem station and wear them, or have your followers or slaves wear them. Currently there's only four tats in the pack, but they're fun to do, so there should soon be more. 

Adding new tats is currently a case of opening up the esp with zEdit. copying four records and changing the names and texture paths. You need to duplicate the texture set, the constructible, the armor and AA records and make sure they all point at the right record or pathname. There are plenty of examples there now, so it shouldn't be too hard.  I'm also working on a Python script that will take a folder full of textures and a JSON file and compile that into a custom esp; once that gets going we should be able to sort out some sort of tatpack collection, slavetats style.

Thanks to featherder, whose Body Paint Designs formed the inspiration and template for this mod.

So, obviously, the aim here is to fill the niche that slavetats occupied in Skyrim. To an extent, anyway. The trouble is, SlaveTats was built on JContainers and Netimmerse Override, and neither of those seem to have made it to Fallout 4.

So what I'm thinking is to come at the problem from a different angle. Set up a foldler with the tats you want, then run a script outside the game that generates a custom esp file. It would be the same as editing the esp and adding entries for each tat by hand, only faster and more reliable.

[edit]

Tat-making is too much fun. I think I may need to redo this one though, sadly.

biohazard_screenie.png

I'm not sure if the odd green shade is something left over from the bodypaint texture-sets, or something from the lights I have set up, or what.

OK. More tats! Whoo!!

I added a bit of white outline for the BOS tat so it stands out:

bos.png

And I changed the slot to 57 which seemed innocuous enough. This means you can combine it more easily with other gear. If this is a major problem for anyone, sing out.

bos_plus_tee.png

I think they go rather well with a Baggy Tank Top, myself :)

I did a couple of Access Granted/Denied tats. Useful perhaps for RPing as a synth:

granted.png    denied.png

I'm not entirely happy with the way they turned out. There's way more distortion than there should be, Possibly my bodyslide geometry is different from the projection model. Can these be bodyslid? I have no idea.

There's scope there for some enterprising soul to make a sort of virtual chastity belt mod, and remotely toggle it between enabled and disabled, with the tat reflecting the state of affairs. Pity about the distortion though.

institute.png

A little blurry this one, but works well enough.

inst_plus_tee.png

Another one that goes well with a baggy tee :)

synth.png

And the "Synth Warning!" one I posed earlier. I got it a bit cleaner, but it's still a bit burred. The texture is nothing like that, so I'm wondering if it's some weird ENB lens flare effect or something.

I think the take-aways from this are to avoid words and boxes; more abstract designs seem to cope with distortion better. And probably to site these things a little higher on the belly.

Progress! I was wondering why the textures on my blender model had seams. But Blender can do so much weird shit sometimes, I learned not to sweat it too much if the thing is more or less working.

In this case, the problem was that I was using the wrong textures with my model. Specifically, I'm using Skilky Smooth Skin for CBBE. Wy vanilla CBBE textures don't fit, I have no idea, but when I use the right texture, the results get a lot better.

biohazard_redone.png

So I guess I have some tats to redo.

One downside of this approach is going to be that the skin texture gets baked into the tat. Nothing too much I can do about that at the moment though.  That said, I am making decent progress on my Python ESP generator. If that works you'll be able to specify your own skin texture, choose the biped slot for the tats, and if I can get python's DDS support to work, we might even be able to composite multiple tats into one texture to apply.

I suggest that the tats would use the underwear slot or maybe the outer layer of armor slot.  Such as chest armor slot for a chest tat, right leg armor slot for a right thigh or right ankle tat etc. etc.
Oh maybe instead of the underwear slot for a libido tat maybe it could use the ring slot since most slaves don't wear jewelry 

Fallout 4 textures do weird things. At least compared to Skyrim they do.

I wanted to set up an ass-tat. Ideal for those rows of slaves in pillory. This is how it looks in Blender.

in_blender.png

Actually, that's not exactly how it looks. All my projections get mirror flipped when they appear in game, so I need to reverse them before I apply the design. I reversed the screeny here so you can read the text.

Anyway, this is how it looks in game:

in_game.png

I mean, a couple of pixels gap, or somesuch, that I could cope with. But this isn't even close. In Skyrim, that would have been perfect.

Also, it's not obvious because I reversed the Blender screeshot, it it's on the wrong asscheek as well. The entire texture is reversed in game. A chap could get discouraged.

2 hours ago, GoldenRain said:

I suggest that the tats would use the underwear slot or maybe the outer layer of armor slot.  Such as chest armor slot for a chest tat, right leg armor slot for a right thigh or right ankle tat etc. etc.

Well, these are the slots I have to play with:

https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Body_Slots_usage_for_Fallout_4

There isn't an underwear one as such. Slot 33 (which I was using) is the one used by vault-suits, long johns, shoes, and all the rest of it. It's a reasonable choice, but it does clash with those baggy tank tops, and I'd like to use the two together. Although I'm starting to wonder if it might not be less effort to edit my copy of the tank top mod and change the slots the tops use.

Spoiler
On 4/28/2019 at 11:02 AM, DocClox said:

Fallout 4 textures do weird things. At least compared to Skyrim they do.

I wanted to set up an ass-tat. Ideal for those rows of slaves in pillory. This is how it looks in Blender.

in_blender.png

Actually, that's not exactly how it looks. All my projections get mirror flipped when they appear in game, so I need to reverse them before I apply the design. I reversed the screeny here so you can read the text.

Anyway, this is how it looks in game:

in_game.png

I mean, a couple of pixels gap, or somesuch, that I could cope with. But this isn't even close. In Skyrim, that would have been perfect.

Also, it's not obvious because I reversed the Blender screeshot, it it's on the wrong asscheek as well. The entire texture is reversed in game. A chap could get discouraged.

Well, these are the slots I have to play with:

https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Body_Slots_usage_for_Fallout_4

There isn't an underwear one as such. Slot 33 (which I was using) is the one used by vault-suits, long johns, shoes, and all the rest of it. It's a reasonable choice, but it does clash with those baggy tank tops, and I'd like to use the two together. Although I'm starting to wonder if it might not be less effort to edit my copy of the tank top mod and change the slots the tops use.

Don't get discouraged.  Life is a challenge.  That is why we are all not millionaires.

Editing the baggy tank top armor slot is a must in my opinion if you are going to use that mod.  No shoes allowed with a baggy tank top is just silly.

What about slot 60 - unless you want one of those on your character then you can't wear a pipboy, slot 51 is for rings, or slot 36 (bra's for most underwear mods) torso under armor 

Not to mention slots 54-58 which are unnamed or basically open slots that are frequently used by modders when they want to add something and not have it occupy a normal slot
image.png.dcaf6c335a8a472d24b8d4eb0c58c6c1.png

38 minutes ago, GoldenRain said:

Editing the baggy tank top armor slot is a must in my opinion if you are going to use that mod.  No shoes allowed with a baggy tank top is just silly.

Put like that, I suppose I could usefully combine that with heels and stockings. That still doesn't leave slot 33 vacant for the tat. though. The Pip Boy slot os great, but it's going to ignore those who want these on their character.

I think I need to finish my tat compiler. Then everyone can have their own slots :)

On 4/28/2019 at 8:09 PM, ZI0MATRIX said:

I love seeing this mod growing. Maybe a womb tattoo for the Hentai fans out there.

I had a bit play around in Inkscape.

winged_heart.png

It's not as fancy as the slavetats ones, but the Deco wings seem to fit the setting somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've not made a lot of progress on this. I spent a lot of last week working designs around the theme of "Raider's Reform School". I mean why kill them, when you can capture them and force them to bear the next generation of upstanding citizens, right? Only I hit a couple of setbacks and had to do a bit of a rethink.

Also, I really need to get the latest release of the Slaver's Spellbook stable.

Not a huge fan of cum-on-face tats, and I think there are already decals used by the sex frameworks.

I could be talked into making some for lactation, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, that butt-seam really derailed things here. I do have a couple of ideas. Easiest  is if I can work out why the UV map doesn't work quite right. failing that, I did look at doing a sort of partial transparent skinsuit to take decals. Then it could have its own UV without seams, and you could apply the tats like decals on power armor. But I have a few things in Skyrim I want to do first.

• 9 months later...

I've just been looking at this one again.

prisoner.png

I think the problem I had with the tats was that I was using Skyrim mesh with Fo4 textures. Or at least the only assets I can find from my earlier work used Skyrim mesh and textures. So that's probably why.

If I'm going to be spending a lot of time stuck in the house, I might look at getting some of this working.  Depending on how long Fo4 holds my attention this time.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I can safely say I've solved the ass problem:

ScreenShot82.png

I thought it would be cure to color-coordinate the tats with the tank-tops I'm making:

ScreenShot78.png

I did belly tats to match:

ScreenShot84.png

ScreenShot77.png

One small issue: these are still technically garments, and they don't play well with other items. If I include a reference body, they can't be worn with shoes and the like. If I leave it out, they clip like you wouldn't believe.

Plan is to do something with overlays, so that's what I'm going to look at next.

So, currently, this is the state of the art. Or at least it's the state of my art.

image.png

It's certainly possible to make color tattoos, and I expect I'll figure it out in time. Meanwhile, we might have to settle for monochrome,