Slightly Less Crappy Werewolf Animations

Slightly Less Crappy Werewolf Animations

View File

NOTE: these files are already in MNCv12.7

some replacement animations for the werewolf's movement.

at this time it's just the sprint & swimming animations, but this fixes:

some of the camera glitches when sprinting.

the upper body going inside of hills, walls & rocks when you run into them.

the rear right leg glitching out to the side.

the turning animation actually looks like a turning animation now.

the hands & feet continuously being under the ground.

BUT however the werewolf looks a bit like a rabbit when sprinting forward....i'm still trying to fix that but it's still better than the stock animation.

----------------------------------------------------------
.___.
{0,0}   _______________________________
/)__)> |creative commons, No One May Profit|
-"-"-     """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/23/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    N/A
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

47 minutes ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

How hard would this be to get it to also work on werebears?

werebears don't even have animations of there own, they just use the werewolf's animations.

that goes for SexLab, MNC and SLAL animations as well.

Thank you for sharing ❤️. I am actually surprised at the state of the vanilla animation distorted leg.

I think you did a pretty good job on the animations. However, I think your  werewolf animation feels a bit stiff and it doesn't feel like he is reaching out with his hands enough.

Maybe make hands extend and go up more so it feels that he is actually reaching out farther and also make the legs go up and further back more to emphasize that he is actually leaping forward.

Edit: after further investigation, I think the legs are fine. 

1 hour ago, Amrovich said:

Maybe make hands extend and go up more so it feels that he is actually reaching out farther

as i posted on youtube:

i'm limited on how far i can stretch things, i'm using hi-ik solvers and moving them in one part of the animation can mess up other parts if i'm not careful, Eg: if i make the arms too high & forward in the forward position it can make them clip into themselves when they transition from the rear to the front.

1 hour ago, Amrovich said:

I think your werewolf animation feels a bit stiff

i know, it's surprisingly hard to make a animation that does not feel stiff in some way.

the big problem with the legs is that they deform the werewolf's ass if they are moved too far forward or back, so that limits how much i can move them.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Nice work, and a big improvement!

I have a couple of ideas to make it less stiff-looking, if the skeleton allows it. First is to raise and stabilize the head a little so it's looking ahead and the spine is flexing as it runs, so the head's not arcing up and down as a fixed extension of the hump (they try this in the vanilla anim but it's out of sync). The second is probably a lot more challenging - change from the vanilla rocking-horse bound to a more wolflike gallop, with each paw hitting the ground separately instead of together. I'd look at stills sequences of running wolves to figure out how, but I've got no animation talent whatsoever and am in awe of those who do!

• 1 year later...