NioPA and Racemenu Skeleton Fix, RM Not Saving

isb_mmtribe

Two different questions, but they both relate to Racemenu.

So the only thing I can figure is I got lazy a while back and accidentally saved a Racemenu preset without resetting the bones in NioPA, because when I load a few different presets, all based on the same character, the skeleton is rotated on what seem to be the X and Z axes. It happens as soon as I load the presets in Racemenu. Photos are in the spoiler; the first two are the warped skeleton. Is there a way to go into the JSLOT file and edit the values manually, possibly with the values from a known good preset, or is this asking for trouble? Any other ideas?

I've also had a problem with Racemenu not always saving presets. They don't show up in Overwrite (I'm using Mod Organizer) but I can load existing ones just fine. My only guess is possibly a conflict with Familiar Faces, but MO doesn't show any. Is there a limit to presets or anything? Thanks!

Spoiler

ScreenShot3181.thumb.png.a08a5d4922df63cf16c99729a2da5d1c.pngScreenShot3179.thumb.png.488ca1ed8c3d977937f91bc05954df22.pngScreenShot3178.thumb.png.664a624eabba0783b232979f2871da1c.pngScreenShot3177.thumb.png.34c3026c7ea432fcaf965bd1187d7c8f.png

Ha, I've seen other people request PNGs, and the preview didn't make them look huge. What size would you like them, for future reference?

If you look at the two screenshots from within racemenu specifically, there is a lot of rotation in the first one. That wasn't me moving the camera. When I load that preset the character rotates about 45 degrees to the left and leans back. Same with the walking shot. I took the head-on screenshot (3rd pic), loaded another preset, and it rotates the body. I'd like to fix that, if possible, because it throws off most pose mods and is a pain to correct manually.

2 hours ago, isb_mmtribe said:

What size would you like them, for future reference?

It's not the size in area. It's the size in MBs.

Does it do this just with the in-game 'showracemenu' or also with a new game?

I'd look at things like camera keys in RM or camera mods you use. Or assigned idles, walks etc.

Ah gotcha, I'll be sure to reduce that in the future.

The rotation happens with a new game as well. I tried rotating the character and the camera in Racemenu with no luck. I'll look into FreeFlyCam and see if that makes a difference, since I'm pretty sure that's the only camera mod I have installed. Thanks

Just in case anyone else ever runs into this problem it turned out to be a pretty easy fix. If you open the jslot file with a text editor the last section is labelled "transforms." I just deleted the entries in this section, which seemed to be nothing but Pose Adjustment data. Sesamin explicitly warns against saving presets without resetting everything, but at least it's correctable.

Archived