Keeping NPCs naked

kimmy1235

So I've been trying to figure this out for a while, but I don't know how to keep NPCs from re-aquiring/re-equiping their default gear. I'm also having trouble getting my followers to where the clothing I want them to wear. I know that there are console commands to remove gear from an NPC, but the moment that I remove all their clothing and give them something new, they just get a new set of their default and put that back on. Is there a mod that simplifies this? I just want to be able to pick what NPCs wear (or don't) and have it stay that way.

On 4/14/2019 at 4:50 AM, kimmy1235 said:

So I've been trying to figure this out for a while, but I don't know how to keep NPCs from re-aquiring/re-equiping their default gear.

when game load npc, it pick the best gear from inventory

a thieve with 30 in light armor and 10 in heavy armor, will equip dragonbone armor over leather armor, there's that kind of crap

you give armor x to that npc, if it don't have more armor than dragonbone, game will load dragonbone on that npc

you unequip dragonbone on that npc, so what, it's still in inventory, game will find it in inventory next time it load the npc

you take dragonbone armor from npc, now game can't find that in npc inventory (if that's the npc outfit you can't see it in npc inventory, if you remove it with console game will give the npc another one next time npc is load)

to not be bothered with that, you give sbp 49 (something else than 32, not used by game) to the armor you want the npc to wear

your armor addon have sbp 49 with priority 90, and sbp 32 (equipping dragonbone armor won't unequip that sbp 49 armor, and that armor armoraddon have highter priority than dragonbone, game won't load dragonbone armor nif with that armor equipped)

while you are at it, you give sbp 33 and 37 to the armor, and the boots/glove armor addon to that armor (no need to look for that armor boots glove whatever to give it to the npc that way, and less stuff in inventory)

Archived