Nifskope question

Ghoulz

@t.ara

Oblivion nifs don't have slots in them as they use NiSkinInstance instead of BSDismemberSkinInstance.

The difference with NiSkinInstance is that you only have to set the slots being used in the CK for the armor/outfit part.

For adding pieces to a different nif all that is needed is that the nif you are pasting into has to have the required bone node/nodes in it otherwise you'll get an error if the bone is missing and it'll not let it be pasted into the nif. You can however copy a bone node from a nif and paste it into the other nif and then you'll be able to paste the piece into the nif. You can paste the Op1 Op2 and Op3 breast cones from one nif to another one and have breast bounce.

When pasting into a nif always make sure you are right clicking on the Scene Root and and then paste branch.

You can add piercings to body meshes.

I use body meshes with piercings and nais for my player chacater. 

You can replace a SetBody body with the new body or you use Blockhead for a plyer only body ( think you do not want that all NPCs use the body )

My player body

Spoiler

Hand with added nails

b1.jpg

female Lowerbody with added dick and pussy lips

B2.jpg

nipple Piercings

B3.jpg

#####################################################

or a male body with many piercings

B6.jpg

If the items are clother or amor item you can "copy Branch" them and "paste Branch" in your body mesh. ( you copy the NiTriStrips or NiTriShape  NOT the Scene root )

It you want to add other nif that are not weighted ( no skeleton bones. static and mics items) ) you can use MeshRigger and add the bones..

Here some static and misc items, scaled with NifSkope and weighted  with MeshRigger:  !!! danger! brutal picture !

Spoiler

B4.jpg

B5.jpg

EDIT:  I use a old NifSkope version!  one of the last that can only open Oblivion nif , no Skyrim nif files.

4 hours ago, myuhinny said:

@t.ara

Oblivion nifs don't have slots in them as they use NiSkinInstance instead of BSDismemberSkinInstance.

The difference with NiSkinInstance is that you only have to set the slots being used in the CK for the armor/outfit part.

For adding pieces to a different nif all that is needed is that the nif you are pasting into has to have the required bone node/nodes in it otherwise you'll get an error if the bone is missing and it'll not let it be pasted into the nif. You can however copy a bone node from a nif and paste it into the other nif and then you'll be able to paste the piece into the nif. You can paste the Op1 Op2 and Op3 breast cones from one nif to another one and have breast bounce.

When pasting into a nif always make sure you are right licking on the Scene Root and and then paste branch.

sorry i tried to help inside the wrong thread:...about Oblivion´s n-i-f´s I can´t tell too much for now because I did not yet get into that files like i did with skyrim´s format.

11 hours ago, Ghoulz said:

Is it possible to combine files, like adding jewelry to a body, similar to how you can slap on multiple textures one on top another in GIMP? Or is that another program that's used? 

This is possible, but it is better to do it in a 3D editor. There you will be able to control the weight of the vertices, but not in the nifscopes.

Nifskop more needed for models that can not be exported correctly from the 3D editor. For example, an animation for an object

Or make a garment assembly from previously exported models (which were made together with each other, but quickly assemble them in a NifScope, for example, to quickly set up a material )

If you have equipable clothes piercings for the body you use, and piercing and body move synchronously  you can copy the piercings in your body nif and it will work.

It is easy and quick.

A lot of work you will have if you want piercnings that do not match the body you use.

First change the position in NifSkope

Then weight the Piecrings with MeshRigger (maybe 2 - 3 times until the result is good)

Then copy the piercings in your body nif.

Change the lowerbody

-----------

How you do it with SetBody ( replace a setBody body you do not need )  read my yellow Link below. Page 5.

-------------

And you can use Blockhead

NPC/Player or race overwrite.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/96732-cant-figure-out-this-skeleton-issue/

read post 6

------------------------------

My player body with fingernails and piercings I add with Blockhead.

I use race overwrite because only the player use the race.

I have some NPC with hooves ( lowerbody and foot are one nif. ) I add a empty nif to "replace" the foot. You do not see it. The Loverbody is set to the lowerbody slot and in game you see lowerbody and foot. The empty foot nif is set to foot slot and you do not see it in game.

If you're going do this with nifskope, you'll need to copy the pieces to every lowerbody-ish meshes. Including clothings and armors, of course. And then they will affect all characters that wear them. I guess you could use Blockhead to remedy that, but setting them up correctly will be a hell lot of work.

One way to circumvent it I can think of right now is to modify your body texture, then use Blockhead to apply it to only the select few characters of your choosing (such as yourself). But you'll need to bake an insanely good normal map for the proper bump effect. The free NVidia DDS plugin can't do that, sorry.

Also, obviously, this won't work if this 'jewelry' you're talking about is more than just some gemstones bumps on the body.

What do you want with the equipable dicks or the hoove loverbody.

I thought you want to replace your lowerbody with a hooves howerbody  ( the nude lowerbody)

Yes then you need armor and clothes for hooves. ( there was a hooves armr-clothes replacer at nexus... but not for all vanilla armor and clothes )

Normally you can only have one armor and clothes replacer, all NPCs and player will use it.

But there are Mods that let you use different replacers. ( So you can have NPC with E cup tits and Player with DMRA body  and a race with hooves and all will use the right armor/clothes replacer.

I only have one armor - clothes replacer ( two. Male Roberts and female HGEC Ecup) But My player use H cup and I have some H cup armor.clothes mods installed and I do not wear vanilla armor-clothes.

And I have a futa player, so I add a penis to the armors with visible ass.

Spoiler

My Teddy armor Mod

1A.jpg

Some other armor and clothes my player use.

1B.jpg1C.jpg

And I never had problems with added body "decoration"

Spoiler

19 opjects added to a upperbody

The tit part for the blood. And 9 objects in each tit.

1D.jpg

I also have it without the body as equipable object (amulet slot)

1E.jpg

You can add dorsal spines or navel piercings ,....

Some Modders do their armor and clothes all in one part (So you have 2 pieces in the nif: body and armor) and others use many separate pieces.

Every button, belt and ribbon is a separate piece. I saw Mod Meshes with more than 20 pieces ( and parts of the body were visible)

If you add armor-clothes parts or piercings ...  does not matter, all the same, Do not know if there is a limitation how many pieces can be in one nif?

Reee, I don't understand this. Every thing I tried messing with resulted in either the CS crashing, or invisible legs upon viewing the results. Those hooves are working just fine I made several years ago.

What would happen if I delete the legs from a nif of an outfit and just make it not use a leg/foot slot?

????  I do not know what you want. And I don't know what you have done and created.

You can upload  your nifs and I can check and test.

Best you upload your new nif and the original hooves nif and the armor nif.

You can add a nif to any slot you want.

If there is a body in the armor you can delete the body, set the nif to amulet slot. But when you equip it , it will not remove the armor-clothes you wear, you must unequip other armor manually.

And some armor nif do not have a body in the armor. Only the visible body parts exist.  When you copy a body in the armor nif it will clip through the armor ( as too fat, tits too big, waists not slim enough )

Invisible nif: have you renamed it?

If everything is correct with slots, then, in general, you need to see, if there are any unused bones in the skin.

it is better to delete them, I don’t know, if it can be done through a NifSkope, but in 3D max, when exporting, it is possible.

Both nif works in game.

I replaced the textures with a dark grey one, because I do not have the textures.

Spoiler

in game

ar.jpg

In CS

AR2.jpg

If is not working in your game your trxtures are wrong or textures path.

It can cause invisible nif , or the wrong part is invisible.

if I remember correctly:

No texture is pink

Texure but no normal map can crash the game

only normal map is black ( or was it invisible ? or floating nif part ? )

No nif / wrong mesh path  is invisible.

One more comment on about textures.

If the normal map ( _n.dds ) has no Mip map the mesh or the part of the mesh with the "wrong" texture is invisble in the CS.

I remember some creatures, only the eyes were visible, but no body.

In game the mesh is visible.

Save dds files always with Mip map.

18 hours ago, fejeena said:

One more comment on about textures.

If the normal map ( _n.dds ) has no Mip map the mesh or the part of the mesh with the "wrong" texture is invisble in the CS.

I remember some creatures, only the eyes were visible, but no body.

In game the mesh is visible.

Save dds files always with Mip map.

Didn't even touch the texture. Haven't the slightest idea. Using the usual imperial female path and works just fine equipping them on their own. Hooves use same texture path and work. Borks up when I put the legs on something else.

But in some Mods are textures saved without Mip maps.

I just had that problem , a race, body fine in CS but the tail was not visible .

First I though the path was wrong or the nif. Then I remember the texture problem I had some years ago and I checked the tail texture. Yes was with Mip map. I saved the _n.dds again with Mip map and the tail was visible in CS.

EDIT:

But you do not have to change the _n.dds  because in game the texture without Mip map works.
But it is confusing if you do not see something in CS.

Archived