SexLab - Hide HUD Elements

10 hours ago, jpee1965 said:

What's the consensus? Are we good to go with the latest version?

THANKS!!

Huh? You've been good to go since the first release.

Some users were experiencing a crash (something that I myself could never replicate, even by using some of their SKSE plugins), but that has been fixed even before my previous GPU died in April.

• 4 months later...

Continuing the conversation from my topic in Techincal Support!

Okay, so my next question came sooner than I would have expected. I have installed VS-2019, and I have added the contents of SKSE's src folder to the right path in the Visual Studio 2019 folder.

The path for where I dropped it is Visual Studio 2019\Projects\SKSE64\

SKSE24 contains two folders; "common" and "skse64".

If I'm understanding the directions right, I should now copy the contents of this archive...

SexLab - Hide HUD Elements 1.1.2 (Source - SKSE64).7z 37.66 kB · 0 downloads

... into the "skse64" folder. I just want to double check on that part.

Should I be dropping the folder, "SexLab - Hide HUD Elements", into the "skse64" folder?

7 minutes ago, shar181 said:

Should I be dropping the folder, "SexLab - Hide HUD Elements", into the "skse64" folder?

If the instruction says SKSE64/skse64, yes. Pretty much all work will be done in there.

The common folder is where SKSE defines its utility classes and functions.

4 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

If the instruction says SKSE64/skse64, yes. Pretty much all work will be done in there.

The common folder is where SKSE defines its utility classes and functions.

But it is the entire folder inside the archive that I need to copy over, right? The directions say...

Drop the contents of the attached SexLab - Hide HUD Elements project into My Documents\Visual Studio 2019\Projects\SKSE64\skse64

I'm not sure if "project" refers to the folder, or what's in the folder.

2 minutes ago, shar181 said:

But it is the entire folder inside the archive that I need to copy over, right? The directions say...

I'm not sure if "project" refers to the folder, or what's in the folder.

SexLab - Hide HUD Elements folder -> SKSE64/skse64.

Just now, Hawk9969 said:

SexLab - Hide HUD Elements folder -> SKSE64/skse64.

Okay! Now...

• Rename SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.vcxproj.SKSE64 to SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.vcxproj.
  • Double click My Documents\Visual Studio 2019\Projects\SKSE64\skse64\skse64.sln to load the SKSE64 solution.

... I have done this, but after double-clicking skse64.sln, VS opened and showed me an error.

Spoiler

VSerror.PNG.9ade8b77a917b51b914e221dec69db8f.PNG

I don't know what this means, but it makes me frightened and confused.

3 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

Just click for it to allow temporarily uncontrolled access.

What is version/source control?

I will peruse that later! I am now on the last step, I guess.

Build SexLab - Hide HUD Elements as Release.

Okay so... I tried right-clicking on SexLab - Hide HUD Elements (Visual Studio 2015) in the "Solutions" window, then selected "Build". It ran for a few seconds, then came up with a bunch of errors. I checked the mentioned path (My Documents\Visual Studio 2019\Projects\SKSE64\skse64\Release), but there wasn't even a "Release" folder there... so clearly, something went wrong.

Here is a screenshot of the error... which seems to be a different error than I had before. o.o

Spoiler

VSError2.PNG.7deaf69dcaa87320f846b92ee7596e40.PNG

3 minutes ago, shar181 said:

Hide contents

VSError2.PNG.7deaf69dcaa87320f846b92ee7596e40.PNG

Do what the MSVC tells you. Retarget the solution (v140 to v142). This project was created when I was still using VS 2015 and not VS 2019.

The Release folder will be created automatically by Visual Studio if there isn't one.

3 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

Do what the MSVC tells you. Retarget the solution (v140 to v142). This project was created when I was still using VS 2015 and not VS 2019.

The Release folder will be created automatically by Visual Studio if there isn't one.

Alright, so having done that (I figured out how all on my own?! Aren't you proud? :3) I managed to get the same errors that I saw the first time. Unfortunately, there were no helpful directions attached to these errors. >_<;

Spoiler

VSError3.PNG.c81de91bb74715725f6b25ac06cd6a7d.PNG

6 minutes ago, shar181 said:

Alright, so having done that (I figured out how all on my own?! Aren't you proud? :3) I managed to get the same errors that I saw the first time. Unfortunately, there were no helpful directions attached to these errors. >_<;

You've added the wrong vcxproj. You want to rename the and add the one ending with .SKSE64, not .SKSE, the latter is for LE.

2 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

You've added the wrong vcxproj. You want to rename the and add the one ending with .SKSE64, not .SKSE, the latter is for LE.

I will start over from scratch after I've had some breakfast! If it works, I'll post the resulting .dll here for others.

... if it doesn't, I will pester you with additional questions. :3 Thanks for your help, by the way!

44 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

So, I started again and this time, everything seemed to be going smoothly right up until I was building skse64_1_5_97.lib.

It did get built, and its sitting in the SKSE64\skse64\x64\Release\ folder. However, during the build one error came up. Here's the output log:

Spoiler

1>skse64.vcxproj -> C:\Users\******\Documents\Visual Studio 2019\Projects\SKSE64\skse64\x64\Release\skse64_1_5_97.lib
1>Installing DLL...
1>Access is denied.
1>        0 file(s) copied.
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(149,5): error MSB3073: The command "copy "C:\Users\******\Documents\Visual Studio 2019\Projects\SKSE64\skse64\x64\Release\skse64_1_5_97.lib" "\skse64_1_5_97.lib" /Y
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(149,5): error MSB3073: :VCEnd" exited with code 1.
1>Done building project "skse64.vcxproj" -- FAILED.

... and here is the error itself:

Spoiler

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    MSB3073    The command "copy "C:\Users\******\Documents\Visual Studio 2019\Projects\SKSE64\skse64\x64\Release\skse64_1_5_97.lib" "\skse64_1_5_97.lib" /Y
:VCEnd" exited with code 1.    skse64    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets    149   

If it's trying to copy the .lib somewhere but can't, maybe I can manually put it where it needs to be?

So, I started again and this time, everything seemed to be going smoothly right up until I was building skse64_1_5_97.lib.

It did get built, and its sitting in the SKSE64\skse64\x64\Release\ folder. However, during the build one error came up. Here's the output log:

If the .lib is in the aforementioned folder, that's enough. Hide HUD Elements will link with the lib on x64/Debug and x64/Release.

35 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

If the .lib is in the aforementioned folder, that's enough. Hide HUD Elements will link with the lib on x64/Debug and x64/Release.

Alright... so, I retargeted the SexLab - Hide HUD Elements project and attempted to build it as Release. I ended up with a brand new set of error messages. Here's the output log:

Spoiler

1>------ Build started: Project: SexLab - Hide HUD Elements, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>Config.cpp
1>PapyrusUI.cpp
1>HUD.cpp
1>SexLab.cpp
1>Plugin.cpp
1>main.cpp
1>common_vc14.lib(IDebugLog.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in Config.obj
1>common_vc14.lib(IDebugLog.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MT_StaticRelease' in Config.obj
1>common_vc14.lib(IDebugLog.obj) : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/OPT:ICF' specification
1>common_vc14.lib(IErrors.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in Config.obj
1>common_vc14.lib(IErrors.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MT_StaticRelease' in Config.obj
1>common_vc14.lib(IFileStream.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in Config.obj
1>common_vc14.lib(IFileStream.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MT_StaticRelease' in Config.obj
1>common_vc14.lib(IDataStream.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in Config.obj
1>common_vc14.lib(IDataStream.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MT_StaticRelease' in Config.obj
1>   Creating library C:\Users\*****\Documents\Visual Studio 2019\Projects\SKSE64\skse64\Release\SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.lib and object C:\Users\*****\Documents\Visual Studio 2019\Projects\SKSE64\skse64\Release\SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.exp
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>C:\Users\*****\Documents\Visual Studio 2019\Projects\SKSE64\skse64\Release\SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.dll : fatal error LNK1319: 8 mismatches detected
1>Done building project "SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

and a screenshot of the error list:

Spoiler

VSError4.PNG.1ba9ce82ddbb7cef97a29d596cc82eea.PNG

Alright... so, I retargeted the SexLab - Hide HUD Elements project and attempted to build it as Release. I ended up with a brand new set of error messages. Here's the output log:

The incomplete type error is from SKSE and can be safely ignored (I've fixed them for myself, but that's the LE version of SKSE).

The rest is because you've built one of the the libs in Debug mode instead of Release.

2 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

The incomplete type error is from SKSE and can be safely ignored (I've fixed them for myself, but that's the LE version of SKSE).

The rest is because you've built one of the the libs in Debug mode instead of Release.

Wait, am I supposed to be building all of the projects listed in the solution explorer? I've only been building  skse64 and skse64_common. <_<;

4 minutes ago, shar181 said:

Wait, am I supposed to be building all of the projects listed in the solution explorer? I've only been building  skse64 and skse64_common. <_<;

No,

Only common_vc14, skse64 and skse64_common.

You can also fix the issue with the copy command by removing this from skse64.vcxproj for both Release and Debug sections.

<PostBuildEvent>
      <Command>copy "$(TargetPath)" "$(Skyrim64Path)\$(TargetFileName)" /Y</Command>
    </PostBuildEvent>
    <PostBuildEvent>
      <Message>Installing DLL...</Message>
    </PostBuildEvent>

Just now, Hawk9969 said:

No,

Only common_vc14, skse64 and skse64_common.

The directions didn't mention anything about common_vc14! T-T

... Okay, well. The build for SexLab - Hide HUD Elements has succeeded! I now have three files sitting in the skse64\Release folder.

SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.dll

SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.exp

SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.lib

I'm assuming that SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.dll goes in the SKSE\Plugins folder. What about the other two?

The directions didn't mention anything about common_vc14! T-T

... Okay, well. The build for SexLab - Hide HUD Elements has succeeded! I now have three files sitting in the skse64\Release folder.

SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.dll

SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.exp

SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.lib

I'm assuming that SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.dll goes in the SKSE\Plugins folder. What about the other two?

.exp is the export file with export definitions, .lib is the static library. None of these are relevant because no other plugin will link against this one.

45 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

.exp is the export file with export definitions, .lib is the static library. None of these are relevant because no other plugin will link against this one.

Alright! Here is the shiny, SSE version of your plugin, archived and ready to be installed via Vortex:

Hide HUD Elements, SKSE64 build 2.0.17 (runtime 1.5.97)

SexLab - Hide HUD Elements (SKSE64_1_5_97).7z

I've tested it in-game, and it appears to work wonderfully. :3 Though someone else should really give it a try, just to make sure.

Thanks for your help! ❤️

15 minutes ago, shar181 said:

I've tested it in-game, and it appears to work wonderfully. :3 Though someone else should really give it a try, just to make sure.

As I've said to the previous person who compiled this for SKSE64, check your My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE\SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.log log to see if everything was detected and executed properly.

5 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

As I've said to the previous person who compiled this for SKSE, check your My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE\SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.log log to see if everything was detected and executed properly.

SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.log

Other than appearing in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE\ instead of My Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\, it looks solid!

8 minutes ago, shar181 said:

SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.log 777 B · 1 download

Other than appearing in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE\ instead of My Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\, it looks solid!

If you want the log path to be the same as SSE, you can edit Logger.h and change this:

static const std::string LOG("\\My Games\\Skyrim\\SKSE\\SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.log");

For this:

#ifdef __SKSE64__
		static const std::string LOG("\\My Games\\Skyrim Special Edition\\SKSE\\SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.log");
		#else
		static const std::string LOG("\\My Games\\Skyrim\\SKSE\\SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.log");
		#endif

Also, could you write the SKSE64 version in the post with the dll? This way I can link it on the first post.

6 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

If you want the log path to be the same as SSE, you can edit Logger.h and change this:

For this:

#ifdef __SKSE64__
		static const std::string LOG("\\My Games\\Skyrim Special Edition\\SKSE\\SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.log");
		#else
		#endif

Also, could you write the SKSE64 version in the post with the dll? This way I can link it on the first post.

I'm far too lazy to go back and edit it over such a small issue. x3 The post has now been edited to show the SKSE version!