SexLab - Hide HUD Elements

44 minutes ago, Lilimorphine said:

I probably should have mentioned earlier that it's an earlier version of SSE and SKSE64 I'm trying to port this to - 1.5.53 and 2.0.10 respectively. I'm really sorry if that is the reason I keep failing >_< I was hoping to re-do the port for a more recent versions if/when I let steam update and use this one until then...

It shouldn't matter, what version of VS are running?

The only error left from the plugin is the one from GameInput.h. Did you make the changes I've posted and saved the file?

Also, did you add #define __SKSELE_PORT__ as the first line in main.cpp?

44 minutes ago, Lilimorphine said:

I have two questions. About changing common_vc9 for common_vc14 that I did in the text editor; would it have been the same as if I right clicked your plugin's references and added vc14 from the list and then removed vc9? And the second one; when I choose "build", I do it just for your plugin, not the whole solution, right? >_>;

Yes and yes.

You first build the SKSE project (not the solution) as a static library and then you only build this project, not the entire solution.

You can probably just remove the reference for common, as the headers included in the plugin's project already end up including the stuff from common.

44 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

It shouldn't matter, what version of VS are running?

The only error left from the plugin is the one from GameInput.h. Did you make the changes I've posted and saved the file?

Also, did you add #define __SKSELE_PORT__ as the first line in main.cpp?

I'm running VS 2019 (the one that was for free). I rechecked and changes are there in main.cpp and GameInput.h. There were 3 places underlined with red, though, in GameInput.h:

Spoiler

errors06.JPG.ea300231d16883ba02ee55547978d7bc.JPG

Was it the correct place I found that GameInput.h? In solution explorer it was under "SKSE64" "api" folder.

Also, previous times I didn't build SKSE64, this time I did and it failed with 3592 errors... Most were about missing ';', "'string': is not a member of 'std'" and "missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int". After removing "common" completely and trying to build your plugin, I got these errors:

Spoiler

errors07.JPG.55c87928494151b1cd76e507ef36e960.JPG

Add common_vc14 as a reference manually. I think you didn't add SexLab - Hide HUD Elements to src/skse64, which is where the project was created on my end.

12 minutes ago, Lilimorphine said:

I'm running VS 2019 (the one that was for free). I rechecked and changes are there in main.cpp and GameInput.h. There were 3 places underlined with red, though, in GameInput.h:

Reveal hidden contents

errors06.JPG.ea300231d16883ba02ee55547978d7bc.JPG

Those STATIC_ASSERT macros don't matter much. They won't prevent you from creating static libraries.

EDIT:

I don't know what you did, but i just loaded the SKSE64 solution I downloaded from https://skse.silverlock.org/, changed to static lib and it compiled without any issues on VS 2015.

Did you delete the whole common project or just the reference on SexLab - Hide HUD Elements?

11 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

Add common_vc14 as a reference manually. I think you didn't add SexLab - Hide HUD Elements to src/skse64, which is where the project was created on my end.

You are right, I didn't >_< I had never used VS before this and know jack shit about coding so I didn't know I have to do that. I just added the project from wherever I had it stored on my disc. Sorry. So, if I understood this correctly, I should move SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.vcxproj file and everything else in that folder to the folder in which skse64.sln file is?

8 hours ago, Lilimorphine said:

You are right, I didn't >_< I had never used VS before this and know jack shit about coding so I didn't know I have to do that. I just added the project from wherever I had it stored on my disc. Sorry. So, if I understood this correctly, I should move SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.vcxproj file and everything else in that folder to the folder in which skse64.sln file is?

I've successfully compiled it for SKSE64.

1. Start from scratch, delete your SKSE64 solution folder.
  2. Drop the contents of your SKSE64 src folder into My Documents\Visual Studio 2019\Projects\SKSE64.
  3. Drop the contents of the attached SexLab - Hide HUD Elements project into My Documents\Visual Studio 2019\Projects\SKSE64\skse64.
  4. Rename SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.vcxproj.SKSE64 to SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.vcxproj.
  5. Double click My Documents\Visual Studio 2019\Projects\SKSE64\skse64\skse64.sln to load the SKSE64 solution.
  6. Right click the skse64_common project, Properties/Configuration Properties/General and change Configuration Type to Static Library (.lib) for Release and Debug.
  7. Build skse64_common as Release.
  8. Right click the skse64 project, Properties/Configuration Properties/General and change Configuration Type to Static Library (.lib) for Release and Debug.
  9. Build skse64 as Release.
  10. Right click the skse64 solution (not the project), Add/Existing Project and add SexLab - Hide HUD Elements from the folder you just dropped.
  11. Open this project's Info.h and change GAME_VERSION and SKSE_LIB to whatever version you are running.
  12. Build SexLab - Hide HUD Elements as Release.

Resulting DLL will be in My Documents\Visual Studio 2019\Projects\SKSE64\skse64\Release folder.

2 hours ago, Hawk9969 said:

EDIT: Don't forget to edit GameInput.h with the changes from my previous post.

When do I add those changes? I'm guessing before building skse64? And what about #define __SKSELE_PORT__ in main.cpp? Do I still add that too?

24 minutes ago, Lilimorphine said:

When do I add those changes? I'm guessing before building skse64? And what about #define __SKSELE_PORT__ in main.cpp? Do I still add that too?

Doesn't matter. The LE code will only be used when compiling SexLab - Hide HUD Elements.

You don't need to define __SKSELE_PORT__, I already added it to the project's preprocessor definitions.

<PreprocessorDefinitions>WIN32;NDEBUG;_WINDOWS;_USRDLL;__SKSELE_PORT__;%(PreprocessorDefinitions)</PreprocessorDefinitions>

5 hours ago, Hawk9969 said:

I don't know what you did, but i just loaded the SKSE64 solution I downloaded from https://skse.silverlock.org/, changed to static lib and it compiled without any issues on VS 2015.

Did you delete the whole common project or just the reference on SexLab - Hide HUD Elements?

I only removed reference under SexLab - Hide HUD Elements, project was still there.

Just to clarify. I have Windows 7 on my PC and so far I managed to build both skse64 and skse64_common without any errors only when switching from platform toolset v142 and target platform version Windows 10 to toolset VS 2015 (v140) and target platform 10.0.18362.0 which might be win 8.1. When I build your plugin with the same settings I get these errors:

Spoiler

errors09.JPG.6693153aaabc4c689917086a6cd3fe21.JPG

After that I added "string" to "force include file" in properties and at one point got only one error or warning that skse64_common (I think) was built with deprecating tools or something, that still failed my build process. Kept retargeting solution to try out different combos of settings but got only more and more errors. I think I need some sleep before I start everything from scratch again. Or failing that, just get VS 2015 and try from there.

Could you please tell me which settings you yourself use to build?

I'm so sorry for dragging you into my mess -_-

2 hours ago, Lilimorphine said:

Could you please tell me which settings you yourself use to build?

Check the post above. I've attached the project already ready to be compiled under SKSE64.

All you need to do is follow the instructions in the same post.

No need to change settings (other than Static Library for skse64 and skse64_common).

1 hour ago, Hawk9969 said:

Here is a new version of the source that will compile for both SKSE and SKSE64 and doesn't require you to change GameInput.h.

Also updated the instructions above to reflect this one.

SexLab - Hide HUD Elements 1.1.2 (Source - SKSE64).7z 37.66 kB · 1 download

It looks like that finally did it! At least now I have a .dll file. I had to retarget solution to vs 2015 (v140) and 10.0.18362.0 after adding your project to the solution or it ended in errors about needing win 8.1 sdk, though. Thank you so so much for your infinite patience with my fumbling! Will check it in my SSE as soon as I can and will post the .dll here if it does, will also make one for current game version, too, for those who will be interested then. Thanks again! You are a saint.

I did some testing in my SSE setup and it looks like the mod is working as intended! Attaching two versions I made - for game versions 1.5.53 (which is the one I tested in my game) and 1.5.73 (untested, since I don't have this game version myself, but IMO should work, because I did the same conversion steps for both).

SexLab - Hide HUD Elements SSE 1_5_53.7z

SexLab - Hide HUD Elements SSE 1_5_73.7z

Big thanks to @Hawk9969 for creating this awesome mod and being so patient and helpful with conversion!

6 hours ago, Lilimorphine said:

I did some testing in my SSE setup and it looks like the mod is working as intended! Attaching two versions I made - for game versions 1.5.53 (which is the one I tested in my game) and 1.5.73 (untested, since I don't have this game version myself, but IMO should work, because I did the same conversion steps for both).

Did you check the plugin's log file aswell? To make sure everything was detected and loaded properly.

Also added your post as the unofficial SKSE64 version here 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Welcome. I want to thank you for this wonderful mod. Used it for a very long time, together with Immersive HUD and there were no problems. But after installing SkyHUD (Nexsus), the crosshair stopped disappearing. 
Is there any way to make these two mods friends?
P.S. English is not my native language, so I apologize if I wrote with errors.

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2019 at 10:45 PM, TuskActFour said:

Possible to get a 1.5.80 version of this mod? It's a fantastic mod.

Check the second post on how to compile it for SSE.

I don't have SSE myself.

On 10/18/2019 at 7:20 PM, Dimom76 said:

Welcome. I want to thank you for this wonderful mod. Used it for a very long time, together with Immersive HUD and there were no problems. But after installing SkyHUD (Nexsus), the crosshair stopped disappearing. 
Is there any way to make these two mods friends?
P.S. English is not my native language, so I apologize if I wrote with errors.

I just had the time to download and decompile the HUD Menu SkyHUD uses.

It does set the width and height of several elements, including the crosshair, but nothing that shows it messing with the scale parameter.

Is this SSE or LE?

Try setting these to the Custom section in the ini:

HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairNoTarget.CrosshairNoTarget_mc
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairInstanceTarget.CrosshairNormalTarget_mc
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairInstanceFavor.CrosshairNormalFavor_mc
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairNoTarget.CrosshairNoTarget_mc
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairAlertTarget.CrosshairAlertTarget_mc
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairAlertFavor.CrosshairAlertFavor_mc
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairNoTargetAlt
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairInstanceTargetAlt
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairInstanceFavorAlt
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairNoTargetAlt
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairAlertTargetAlt
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairAlertFavorAlt

If your Custom section is empty it should look like this:

[Custom]
1 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairNoTarget.CrosshairNoTarget_mc
2 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairInstanceTarget.CrosshairNormalTarget_mc
3 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairInstanceFavor.CrosshairNormalFavor_mc
4 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairNoTarget.CrosshairNoTarget_mc
5 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairAlertTarget.CrosshairAlertTarget_mc
6 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairAlertFavor.CrosshairAlertFavor_mc
7 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairNoTargetAlt
8 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairInstanceTargetAlt
9 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairInstanceFavorAlt
10 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairNoTargetAlt
11 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairAlertTargetAlt
12 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairAlertFavorAlt

On 11/30/2019 at 10:25 AM, Hawk9969 said:

Check the second post on how to compile it for SSE.

I don't have SSE myself.

I just had the time to download and decompile the HUD Menu SkyHUD uses.

It does set the width and height of several elements, including the crosshair, but nothing that shows it messing with the scale parameter.

Is this SSE or LE?

Try setting these to the Custom section in the ini:

HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairNoTarget.CrosshairNoTarget_mc
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairInstanceTarget.CrosshairNormalTarget_mc
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairInstanceFavor.CrosshairNormalFavor_mc
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairNoTarget.CrosshairNoTarget_mc
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairAlertTarget.CrosshairAlertTarget_mc
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairAlertFavor.CrosshairAlertFavor_mc
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairNoTargetAlt
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairInstanceTargetAlt
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairInstanceFavorAlt
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairNoTargetAlt
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairAlertTargetAlt
HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairAlertFavorAlt

If your Custom section is empty it should look like this:

[Custom]
1 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairNoTarget.CrosshairNoTarget_mc
2 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairInstanceTarget.CrosshairNormalTarget_mc
3 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairInstance.CrosshairInstanceFavor.CrosshairNormalFavor_mc
5 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairAlertTarget.CrosshairAlertTarget_mc
6 = HUDMovieBaseInstance.CrosshairAlert.CrosshairAlertFavor.CrosshairAlertFavor_mc

Welcome. I apologize for not giving details… 
Skyrim LE. I tried to set the Oblivion preset from SkyHUD. For me, it functions only if I use the Loose File option when installing the mod. The files of this mod (SkyHUD) are not overridden by anything... Rewrite the iHud scripts and hudmenu.swf in the Data folder (for our localization it is not in the BSA). 

The compass disappears, but not the crosshair.

Tried to attach screenshots and an optional MO2 folder, failed. Some kind of server failure…

4 hours ago, Dimom76 said:

Welcome. I apologize for not giving details… 
Skyrim LE. I tried to set the Oblivion preset from SkyHUD. For me, it functions only if I use the Loose File option when installing the mod. The files of this mod (SkyHUD) are not overridden by anything... Rewrite the iHud scripts and hudmenu.swf in the Data folder (for our localization it is not in the BSA). 

The compass disappears, but not the crosshair.

Tried to attach screenshots and an optional MO2 folder, failed. Some kind of server failure…

Did you try what was posted above? I got those ActionScript elements from the LE version.

25 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

Did you try what was posted above? I got those ActionScript elements from the LE version.

Oh sure. These ones:

[Custom]
14 hours ago, Dimom76 said:

Oh sure. These ones:

[Custom]

And the crosshair was still not hidden?

23 minutes ago, Dimom76 said:

Quite true. The crosshairs don't disappear.

Everything works fine when without SkyHUD, there was not a single crash. Only he causes problems.

It probably uses a custom element for the crosshair then. Unfortunately I don't have the time to hunt for it, since this is just for a single custom mod.

You've two choices:

1. Decompile the hudmenu.swf that comes with SkyHUD and take a look at the actionscripts to find the actual element responsible for the crosshair. You can decompile by using a Flash decompiler such as JPEXS. The one I'd decompiled provided me with the above elements, but if that's not working for you, I probably didn't have the same hudmenu.swf as yours.
  2. Set HideCrosshair to false in this plugin's INI and just hide the crosshair manually with SkyHUD.
1 minute ago, Hawk9969 said:

It probably uses a custom element for the crosshair then. Unfortunately I don't have the time to hunt for it, since this is just for a single custom mod.

You've two choices:

1. Decompile the hudmenu.swf that comes with SkyHUD and take a look at the actionscripts to find the actual element responsible for the crosshair. You can decompile by using a Flash decompiler such as JPEXS. The one I'd decompiled provided me with the above elements, but if that's not working for you, I probably didn't have the same hudmenu.swf as yours.
  2. Set HideCrosshair to false in this plugin's INI and just hide the crosshair manually with SkyHUD.

Okay, I'll experiment. I will write about the results. Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...