Intel or AMD

legendarytoyou

34 minutes ago, ISNAN said:

Intel. 

You have to look at what they are working on and what their agenda is. AMD just makes processors. Intel revolutionizes them.

Uh...

"revolutionize" them, how? The CPUs we buy today are sped up, mini sized, further brute-force-core-enhanced versions of the CPUs we bought 10 years ago.

Intel's current flagship is a brute force product. The i9-9900K is an 8 core, 16 thread unit. Where's the "revolution?"

It's a reflection of the success of the current manufacturing processes, sure. That you can print silicon so clean, that 8 adjacent units upon a wafer have such flawless integration with each other... that you can turn them into 8 core CPUs.

This is evolutionary. Not revolutionary.

Full Disclosure: I use an Intel CPU

36 minutes ago, Pork Type said:

Uh...

"revolutionize" them, how? The CPUs we buy today are sped up, mini sized, further brute-force-core-enhanced versions of the CPUs we bought 10 years ago.

Intel's current flagship is a brute force product. The i9-9900K is an 8 core, 16 thread unit. Where's the "revolution?"

It's a reflection of the success of the current manufacturing processes, sure. That you can print silicon so clean, that 8 adjacent units upon a wafer have such flawless integration with each other... that you can turn them into 8 core CPUs.

This is evolutionary. Not revolutionary.

Full Disclosure: I use an Intel CPU

The revolution is in how they achieved those smaller scales. They also have other projects in the works for next gen processors, GPUs and quantum chips.

Maybe revolution isn't a good term, but I like to use it. If what they are doing is "evolutionary", then wouldn't other chip companies be making the same thing? It seems to me that Intel is the company that is leading the way when it comes to these new technologies. Other chip makers like AMD seems to bank off what is already there. 

5 minutes ago, ISNAN said:

The revolution is in how they achieved those smaller scales. They also have other projects in the works for next gen processors, GPUs and quantum chips.

Maybe revolution isn't a good term, but I like to use it. If what they are doing is "evolutionary", then wouldn't other chip companies be making the same thing? It seems to me that Intel is the company that is leading the way when it comes to these new technologies. Other chip makers like AMD seems to bank off what is already there. 

Corporate Evangelism.

GFY

• 2 weeks later...

Archived