Issue with the animations

Hi everyone...

I have a problem to report ... I've been using these two mods https://www.nexusmod...tab=description & https://www.nexusmod...vion/mods/20459 for too long and it's was working fine all this time until yesterday ... suddenly the animations for both stop working and my female character return to the default Idle animations I tried uninstall and reinstall but nothing happen ... I don't know what's wrong?  :sad: ... I even uninstall and reinstall my game as well and try it with one of my old save and still the animation is not working ....

When you uninstall the game, it won't always delete your mods.  You need to go in and then manually delete anything that is left.  Then reinstall.

Also, don't use an old save game.  Start a new save game and see if it works correctly there.

As to what might have happened.......well that is tough without more info.  My guess is you installed another mod and it contained some custom animations that broke those two mods.

Cheers,

Greg

I remove everything before I reinstall ... and try it with an old save before the problem happen...

Yeah I install Umpa Sexy Walk even thought I don't need it ... I done that because I thought that mod have Seductive Idles .. but looks like I was wrong .. anyway when I did it I was using Stylish Jump mod only at that time Pretty Woman mod was not active ... since I removed that mod completely and start with another female character this happen ...

now no matter which Idles animations I used nothing change the default one ... except custom hand to hand animations these mods work fine      

Then perhaps you should have said so instead of stating that it stopped working "suddenly" if you actually wanted to solve the problem. Because you clearly did something. We're no magicians and can't read your mind.

Now, installing another mod that is supposed to do exactly the same is just asking for trouble. If you just wanted the seductive idle, extract only that file and do your thing with it, provided you know what you're doing.

Such player animation mods need an esp that modifies the player (000007) object to specify which animation file to use for specific animation type (walk, run, attack, etc). When multiple mods fight each other to modify the same objects, whichever loaded last wins and all other modifications made by other similar mods are lost. You need Bashed Patch to somewhat resolve that mess, although it is not a magical end-all solution. It doesn't seem like you're using Bashed Patch from your description, but I don't even know it for sure!

My suggested solution is, for now, use Wrye Bash to build a Bashed Patch. Or make your own esp to redirect player animation, if you can.

And before all that, my heartfelt advice to read the stickies.

Why it is too late for this to help on this, make sure you back up your entire game folder before adding new mods.

With the uninstall, did you start a new game and did the animations play as they were supposed to?

Did you reinstall each individual mod?  We can't help without knowing exactly what all you've done.

23 hours ago, movomo said:

Then perhaps you should have said so instead of stating that it stopped working "suddenly" if you actually wanted to solve the problem. Because you clearly did something. We're no magicians and can't read your mind.

Now, installing another mod that is supposed to do exactly the same is just asking for trouble. If you just wanted the seductive idle, extract only that file and do your thing with it, provided you know what you're doing.

Such player animation mods need an esp that modifies the player (000007) object to specify which animation file to use for specific animation type (walk, run, attack, etc). When multiple mods fight each other to modify the same objects, whichever loaded last wins and all other modifications made by other similar mods are lost. You need Bashed Patch to somewhat resolve that mess, although it is not a magical end-all solution. It doesn't seem like you're using Bashed Patch from your description, but I don't even know it for sure!

My suggested solution is, for now, use Wrye Bash to build a Bashed Patch. Or make your own esp to redirect player animation, if you can.

And before all that, my heartfelt advice to read the stickies.

Sorry my bad ... I wasn't clear enough in my first post because at first I didn't know why did that happen ... sorry about that

Like I said I was using stylish jump only at that time which only just change the jump animations only while leaving the standing Idle unchanged I just put esp for the walking animations only and I found out the kf file contain a different version than the one I have, it change the position of the hand from the left side to the right side it was work very well until I create another character suddenly it stop working along with one hand weapon Idle & two hand weapon Idle ...

By the way I'm already using Bashed Patch every time I add or remove mod

Then it comes down to load order problem. Probably. If this isn't another "Doh! I forgot archive invalidation after starting over" stuff.

You said no anim mod is working now. That's weird. Except the hand to hand animation.

By that did you mean hand to hand jump animation? Because neither of the two mods you linked contains any other h2h animations whatsoever.

Do you have both esp's active from both mods? The esp file is needed when you want to change only the pc's animations and no others. If you're just going to override animations for all npcs you don't need esp, just like what Stylish Jump with default installation does - anim files in _male, no esp.

My new guess is that you forgot to move the Stylish Jump files to \specialAnims folder while still having the Stylish Jump.esp active. Or maybe your bashed patch still contains residual special anims from umpa sexy walk or whatever that shouldn't be there.

So I'd check the installation paths, if I were you. And maybe move your anim esp's to the very bottom of your load order, even below Bashed Patch and lovers mods, just to be sure.

See, this is why at least one sticky post in every tech support forum in every TES community site demands your load order. That way we can see what do you have or not have, in right or wrong order. Or it becomes a guessing game like this. Often it doesn't help or even totally irrelevant, but it never hurts either. So if my above suggestion didn't help, post your load order so that others could examine. And tell us which options you are trying to use (both anim mods contain optional components).

On 3/31/2019 at 5:32 PM, gregathit said:

Why it is too late for this to help on this, make sure you back up your entire game folder before adding new mods.

With the uninstall, did you start a new game and did the animations play as they were supposed to?

Did you reinstall each individual mod?  We can't help without knowing exactly what all you've done.

Yeah I did that and back up everything I need and reinstall every mod I use ... start a new game today and guess what? .. the animations is working but when I try to load an old one .. any other save data the animations is not working for some reason ...     

28 minutes ago, movomo said:

Then it comes down to load order problem. Probably. If this isn't another "Doh! I forgot archive invalidation after starting over" stuff.

You said no anim mod is working now. That's weird. Except the hand to hand animation.

By that did you mean hand to hand jump animation? Because neither of the two mods you linked contains any other h2h animations whatsoever.

Do you have both esp's active from both mods? The esp file is needed when you want to change only the pc's animations and no others. If you're just going to override animations for all npcs you don't need esp, just like what Stylish Jump with default installation does - anim files in _male, no esp.

My new guess is that you forgot to move the Stylish Jump files to \specialAnims folder while still having the Stylish Jump.esp active. Or maybe your bashed patch still contains residual special anims from umpa sexy walk or whatever that shouldn't be there.

So I'd check the installation paths, if I were you. And maybe move your anim esp's to the very bottom of your load order, even below Bashed Patch and lovers mods, just to be sure.

See, this is why at least one sticky post in every tech support forum in every TES community site demands your load order. That way we can see what do you have or not have, in right or wrong order. Or it becomes a guessing game like this. Often it doesn't help or even totally irrelevant, but it never hurts either. So if my above suggestion didn't help, post your load order so that others could examine. And tell us which options you are trying to use (both anim mods contain optional components).

No it's not load order problem because how come all this time I'm using it without any problem ...

I mean hand to hand Idle with everything related to it ... the two mods I linked to you is the one that stop working there's no need to link for the one is working, right? ....

I already know that I always read about the mod and how to install it before I do anything ... 

Alright here's my load order:

Oblivion.esm
TamrielTravellers.esm
Lovers with PK.esm
LoversCreature.esm
CM Partners.esm
StarX Vampire Deaths.esm
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Troy_HeartbeatBreath.esp
Arena Posters Diversified.esp
FLY_creatures.esp
MONSTERGIRL-CoC.esp
My Voice Extender.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
BWisteria.esp
Hiyoko_Store.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
MHSN Weapons.esp
Northern Lich Armor.esp
Weapons Of Morrowind.esp
Weapons Of Morrowind - Daedric Crescent.esp
BisBarbLthr.esp
R18PN - Bs Bondage.esp
Goblin Realswords+Tribal Shields.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
ExnemRuneskulls.esp
Creature Diversity.esp
TamrielTravellers.esp
Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp
Apachii_Heroes_Store.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
Knights.esp
HUD Status Bars.esp
Kosai's Welkynd Armor.esp
LoversCalm.esp
LoversSoundCreature.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
LoversRaperS.esp
LoversJoburg.esp
LoversBed.esp
LoversPayBandit.esp
Lovers with PK.esp
LoversCreature.esp
LoversEscapeRapeVPlayer.esp
LoversRapeSlave.esp
LoversMB2.esp
StarX Vampire Deaths.esp
VampireMod.esp
SetBody.esp
MidasSpells.esp
Oblivion XP.esp
zzEDialog.esp
Proper Male and Female Sitting.esp
Stylish Jump.esp
CM Partners.esp
DATrolls.esp
DAPlayableTrollRace.esp
Flan - Natural Skins.esp
CompanionshipRing.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp
OCSS.esp
Dalls_IC_Witches.esp
DressingRoomInSewer.esp
Leina Armor.esp
Bat Race.esp
FF8 Gunblade.esp
Sexy cowboy and cowgirl.esp    

8 hours ago, GamerSince1992 said:

Yeah I did that and back up everything I need and reinstall every mod I use ... start a new game today and guess what? .. the animations is working but when I try to load an old one .. any other save data the animations is not working for some reason ...     

The old saved games won't work right as they have info from your old mods in them.  That and they might have become corrupted.  Whenever you install or remove mods it is best to start a new game that way you don't carry over any issues.

20 hours ago, GamerSince1992 said:

Wait. Did you just say all work fine in a new game? Just old saves not working?

Then have you tried making a clean save without any mod that alters animation? It's just as Gregathit said. I was going to write some big post about how to use Tes4edit to examine all your load list, but no need now.

13 hours ago, gregathit said:

The old saved games won't work right as they have info from your old mods in them.  That and they might have become corrupted.  Whenever you install or remove mods it is best to start a new game that way you don't carry over any issues.

I know that too ... I know exactly what I'm using in my save data that's why I enable a specific mods and disable some when I go to another data ...

59 minutes ago, movomo said:

Wait. Did you just say all work fine in a new game? Just old saves not working?

Then have you tried making a clean save without any mod that alters animation? It's just as Gregathit said. I was going to write some big post about how to use Tes4edit to examine all your load list, but no need now.

Yeah that's right ... I have a clean save without any animation mods it's in the beginning .. where the player must leave the sewer through the exit I used this save every time when I want to test a new race mod ... 

30 minutes ago, GamerSince1992 said:

Yeah that's right ... I have a clean save without any animation mods it's in the beginning .. where the player must leave the sewer through the exit I used this save every time when I want to test a new race mod ... 

and I presume it's not working there too? Because if working, I think it's pretty clear what needs to be done.

Assuming it's only working in a genuinely fresh new game and not just with a clean save... I guess I'm out of clues now. Sorry.

1 hour ago, GamerSince1992 said:

Actually every time when I create a new female character and use the animations with her it's not working immediately I exit and save my game .. quit and run the game again load the data and it's work ... but not anymore ...    

Do what I suggested. If any other esp is getting in the way, sending the animation esps to the bottom of your load order will make them trump whatever is interfering with them. Or it should. If you get them back, you can then bump them back up the list until things no longer work...again. Voila...your culprit exposed. If your animations are part of a merged esp or patch...separate them from the herd so they can be adjusted individually.

If that doesn't fix it...then indeed, something odd is happening.

Tip: if you're doing a lot of modding and such of your game, avoid throwing everything in the bashed patch. It does...or attempts to do...what more seasoned modders do in the Construction Set using the combine esp function. You're better off learning how to combine like esps yourself to save some room...then you have better control over conflicts. As well, I now only combine esps that do not have quests or excessive scripting...clothes/armor...for example. You have 255 esp slots available...might as well use 'em.

:classic_smile:

TESEdit is handy for discovering exactly what mods are affecting any given cell/item/animation/etc. Worth grabbing.

31 minutes ago, GamerSince1992 said:

Hmmm ... I'll try that ...

By the way I already have TESEdit but other than cleaning the dirty mods I don't know anything ...   

With TESEdit, load all your active mods then go to the Oblivion section and see what mods affect animations...easy breezy once you know where to look.

5 hours ago, GamerSince1992 said:

Ok ... can this program solve the problem? ....

Yes...you can edit any aspect of Oblivion with TESEdit. When you run TESEdit and load all your mods, go to Oblivion.esm on the list and find the section containing your animations. Then see what else affects them...they'll be listed on the right. If you make changes you're uncertain of, be sure to make a back-up (you'll be prompted).

Did you send the animations to the bottom of your load order? That SHOULD have fixed it if it was a conflict getting in the way of them working properly. If it didn't...something else is afoot. Perhaps a reinstall of the mods to ensure you actually have the animation kf files installed, etc.

Check also the player !!!!

Spoiler

There are different esp, some only replace the WalkForward.kf and idle.kf

And  some replace almost all player animations.

Here you see I have opend the Oblivion.esm in the left window and clicked the player.  In the right window you see first the Oblivion player without changed/added animations  and right of it you see the Specialanims.esp Player with many added animations ( they will overwrite the default animations )

If you have more mods that change the player all will be listed in the right window, in right load order, last Mod far right.

tes4.jpg

Archived