13 hours ago, Heavy147 said:

i want to get this mod but do i need to download the list of everything? not complaining just asking 

How do you mean that? If you're referring to the stuff listed in the credits, then no. All of the elements I've used from them are packaged into this mod. If you mean the stuff in the downloads list, you do need both of the October packs to get all of the mod into your game. 

2 hours ago, AVS said:

How do you mean that? If you're referring to the stuff listed in the credits, then no. All of the elements I've used from them are packaged into this mod. If you mean the stuff in the downloads list, you do need both of the October packs to get all of the mod into your game. 

Okay thanks 

On 4/2/2020 at 7:34 AM, AVS said:

also sorry for the confusion i got it to work mostly 

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, NIND (jimmyyu) said:

@AVS I think I am finally ready to convert this, ......  With the experienced gained over the last 70+ conversions, I think I have come up with a way to fix all of the issues I ran into on my first attempt.

pls do. Been waiting on an SE version since oldrim keeps crashing on me as i play with a lot of mods on

• 2 weeks later...

It took a bit of fiddling to get it more how I wanted it, but I put together a sweet automaton character.

1. A bit of texture work to add color-matched glowing eye color dots to the peacekeeper faceplate.
  2. A bit of mesh trimming to cut the skin parts/teeth off a face mesh, leaving just the accoutrements
  3. A copy-paste job to add the trimmed face part to the peacekeeper faceplate (leaving it a removable add-on instead of a replacement)
  4. A color pick and color change sweep to make the peacekeeper faceplate cubemap match a bit closer to the rest of the armor

I would have preferred actually cutting out the eyes of the peacekeeper faceplate, but it's too low-poly for that to work with the fast and loose method I tried.

Spoiler

enb2020_6_11_04_46_56.png.dc77252672370faefa3c3461fd6dc898.pngenb2020_6_11_04_47_10.png.c1099e552127f6e62898022255f913a9.png

enb2020_6_11_04_47_35.png.e2675a15373ae4fd2af5364992ffbbc2.pngenb2020_6_11_04_47_54.png.b69a5e874a8f8688e49e8de6f7d755b9.png

Also: I'm on SE with the latest version and it seems fine. I just ran all the meshes through NifOptimizer (took a while) and it seems golden (pun not intended, honest).

None of the meshes I tried out during assembly crashed, either; though it was hardly comprehensive (I mostly knew what I wanted from taking a quick look through the files).

Maybe a dumb question, but: what sound file do the type G model A feet use for footsteps? They sound alright as-is, but I'd like it better if they were a bit louder, a bit bassier and generally slightly more impactful. I like their sound design, but they're a little too light for it to really feel appropriate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 5:19 AM, Ramare said:

It took a bit of fiddling to get it more how I wanted it, but I put together a sweet automaton character.

1. A bit of texture work to add color-matched glowing eye color dots to the peacekeeper faceplate.
  2. A bit of mesh trimming to cut the skin parts/teeth off a face mesh, leaving just the accoutrements
  3. A copy-paste job to add the trimmed face part to the peacekeeper faceplate (leaving it a removable add-on instead of a replacement)
  4. A color pick and color change sweep to make the peacekeeper faceplate cubemap match a bit closer to the rest of the armor

I would have preferred actually cutting out the eyes of the peacekeeper faceplate, but it's too low-poly for that to work with the fast and loose method I tried.

Reveal hidden contents

enb2020_6_11_04_46_56.png.dc77252672370faefa3c3461fd6dc898.pngenb2020_6_11_04_47_10.png.c1099e552127f6e62898022255f913a9.png

enb2020_6_11_04_47_35.png.e2675a15373ae4fd2af5364992ffbbc2.pngenb2020_6_11_04_47_54.png.b69a5e874a8f8688e49e8de6f7d755b9.png

Also: I'm on SE with the latest version and it seems fine. I just ran all the meshes through NifOptimizer (took a while) and it seems golden (pun not intended, honest).

None of the meshes I tried out during assembly crashed, either; though it was hardly comprehensive (I mostly knew what I wanted from taking a quick look through the files).

Maybe a dumb question, but: what sound file do the type G model A feet use for footsteps? They sound alright as-is, but I'd like it better if they were a bit louder, a bit bassier and generally slightly more impactful. I like their sound design, but they're a little too light for it to really feel appropriate.

Looks good! The eyes are a nice touch. I had briefly considered making cutouts for the eyes myself when I first started working on those, but gave up on it pretty quickly when I saw how the vertices on the mesh didn't match up to them at all. Adding eye glows to the texture was more work than I wanted to put into them, so it's nice to see someone picking up my slack.  :D

This stuff is pretty straightforward to convert to SE, from my own experiments with doing that, but I don't think I did anything with a .nif optimizer. There's only a few significant issues that I've found in my attempts; the mesh for the horsehead mask turning invisible in-game, the caps and a few other parts on the Milker torso turning a dark bronze color instead of brass, and the original LE high heel offset coding not working with the SE NiOverride system like it's supposed to. I'm curious as to if you've seen any of that yourself after optimizing the meshes.

As for the footsteps, unless I'm misremembering things pretty much all of the metal feet in the mod should be using the Dwarven Spider footstep file. It certainly is a bit light of a noise for some of the feet, but the only other Dwarven option in the Vanilla sound files is the Centurion, which is *way* too loud for a human-scale Automaton, and making a custom sound for these is well outside of the scope of things I feel confident in doing. You could probably sub in a heavy armor footstep to get something more substantial, although it won't have quite the same mechanical clankiness. That's just a matter of changing the sound in the drop-down list on the part's armor add-on entry in the Creation Kit.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to have a version that changes automaton textures through MCM instead of equipment swapping? My idea was that the NPC, Companion, and player each got a set of dropdowns for each equipment slot that lets you specify texture for that slot.

Pros:

• Single equipment piece for each shape that has all the material types built in
  • Less additemmenu pages to browse
  • Might make adding new material types easier(?)
  • Smaller mod filesize(?)

Cons:

• Gameplay is more about finding the shape instead of the material of the automaton parts
    • If crafting of the pieces was possible it would exclude material type, limiting the build a bot style of the mod
  • World models would be limited in material type
    • Would all copies in inventory take the chosen pattern for the holder(NPC/Player)?
    • Would they just grab a random material style when placed in world?

On a side note I notice that Lydia does not like wearing certain pieces of the mod(mostly shoes). I have tried enchanting them but she still shows no interest in them.

• 4 weeks later...

I 3BBB'd (CBBE UV, entirely new breasts) the DMA - TORSO CORE XXX - MODEL MC-EX.NIF so I could make SMP behave with it, if someone wants it. You have to do the armor, and armor addon entries and so on to use it though. You may want to use Nifskope to change the texture paths, and remove the block 204 NiStringExtraData that points to the normal character asset femalebody.tri.

I tried similar with the pelvis, but outfit studio snipping around labia is unreasonably difficult. I may try just snipping out the 3BBB vagina entirely and welding it to a currently existing pelvis...

klHkWok.png

DMA - TORSO CORE XXX - MODEL MC-EX-3BBB.NIF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i feel like some of these bodys could work as male bodys, like the 6th, 12th or the 30th picture (those bodys are androgynous enough) or someway to use a female body type and keep the people of skyrim calling you a man and you keep your male face

On 8/3/2020 at 1:31 PM, Lumbridge said:

Is it possible to have a version that changes automaton textures through MCM instead of equipment swapping? My idea was that the NPC, Companion, and player each got a set of dropdowns for each equipment slot that lets you specify texture for that slot.

Pros:

• Single equipment piece for each shape that has all the material types built in
  • Less additemmenu pages to browse
  • Might make adding new material types easier(?)
  • Smaller mod filesize(?)

Cons:

• Gameplay is more about finding the shape instead of the material of the automaton parts
    • If crafting of the pieces was possible it would exclude material type, limiting the build a bot style of the mod
  • World models would be limited in material type
    • Would all copies in inventory take the chosen pattern for the holder(NPC/Player)?
    • Would they just grab a random material style when placed in world?

On a side note I notice that Lydia does not like wearing certain pieces of the mod(mostly shoes). I have tried enchanting them but she still shows no interest in them.

isent what your looking for a light version of Dwarven Augmentation?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am a very big fan. Would you, in a future update (I understand this would probably take some time), consider making a version that allows for easy access to the textures for color changing purposes?

I have an older version and I painstakingly tried to adjust the dwarven textures to be a bluish color but didn't understand stuff and it ended up a failure for me (I didn't want to change the in game textures for regular dwarven stuff. My goal was to give my player character a more "alien robot" feel.)

7 minutes ago, TheQueenofTraps said:

Not to be rude but could you please specify which Shrine of Dibella and/or Falmer cave we need to go to in order to get to the Facility.

Look in the area south of Old Hroldan, on the road between Whiterun and Markarth. There will be a Dwarven surface structure with a new statue and a strange priestess there. Find one of the nearby routes to the top of the cliff behind it, and look for another bit of Dwarven decor near it's edge. The 'safe' entrance is there. If you want to fight for it, look for the cave just a bit upriver from the shrine.