Seikiro

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

This game reminds me of the Ninja Gaiden remake on XBOX over a decade ago. A game that thoroughly kicked our asses and folks just said, "Thank you, sir! May I have another?"

...I miss those days.

It is more like Tenchu, one of From Software's earlier series, only with more emphasis on action rather than pure stealth with combat as a last resort when one fails to do one's job as a ninja.

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

It is more like Tenchu, one of From Software's earlier series, only with more emphasis on action rather than pure stealth with combat as a last resort when one fails to do one's job as a ninja.

I've played Tenchu and I noticed how they're similar in the stealth mechanics. But Seikiro is more like Ninja Gaiden when it comes to the fights. "Button mashers need not apply."

I find the game looks quite interesting and while "difficult" is what commonly describes this game, it's not going to dissuade me from it, but I do want to try and avoid gameplay videos until I've played it (but youtube's recommendations demand otherwise).

All I hope is that the combat and enemies are at least enjoyable like (most of) Bloodborne and Dark souls III.

Archived