Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

34 minutes ago, DoingMeAConcern said:

I'm new to Skyrim on PC, played it on my Xbox One previously, came here after finishing the MO2 guide oh boy this is going to take a while isn't it...

The worst part is the download speed. Depends on if you're willing to pay on Nexus and your connection to the net.

32 minutes ago, mknn said:

Bumping this. I re-ran CBBE 3BBB (not CBPC, duh) and it seemed to impact jiggle under clothes more than jiggle during SL scenes. Thoughts?

The biggest part is done with 3BBB - finetuning then with Sinful.

The hair is done automatically here (i get mostly dark shades). For the PC check the MCM of SoS. It can interfere with your choice in racemenu.

@DoingMeAConcern

29 minutes ago, mknn said:

And, ask questions ...

...and read the description of the mods you install. Knowing what a mod does is quite useful. Especially with the optional mods. ;)

16 minutes ago, Aylis said:

The biggest part is done with 3BBB - finetuning then with Sinful.

The hair is done automatically here (i get mostly dark shades).

Cool, thanks. I'll keep fiddling. The hair is on NPCs--it's just jarring to see Lydia with flameorange pubes. But I'm getting used to it.

I no longer see

- HD LODs Textures SE Mesh Fix

- Noble Skyrim Material Fix

in Foundation. Redundant?

And from what I read up on esl plugins embers produces errors because you have to compact forms to make it one. Which breaks the formids of the various patches if not done together.

Almost 50 esp's in the loadorder SSEEdit claims can be made to esl by simply adding the flag in the header though. Plenty of room for 'experimentation'.

@mknn You are looking for:

setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1

Well I didn't crash when I set the esl flag on all of them so that's a plus

Here is a list:

Spoiler

Better Dynamic Ash.esp

BromjunaarJournal.esp

Cathedral - Water.esp

Daily Chicken Eggs.esp

Elewellyn.esp

Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE.esp

FalmerLoot.esp

Female Dremora.esp

GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp

ImprovedMeeko.esp

LeftHandRings-1stPersonView.esp

LindsayTemperPants.esp

mcgFemaleWalk for SkyrimSE.esp

MMI.esp

MoonlightTalesMCM.esp

MorrowLoot_GuardsArmorReplacerPatch.esp

No Edge Glow - Magic and Transformations.esp

NoBSAIProjectileDodge.esp

NoFalmerEars.esp

Obsidian_TS_AOS_Patch.esp

Obsidian_TS_Patch_Spectral.esp

Obsidian_TS_Patch_Spectral_WaterFix.esp

PassiveWeaponEnchantmentRecharging.esp

RDO - USSEP Patch.esp

Reach Tree Replacer Summer.esp

Real Bound Bow.esp

Realistic Haircolors.esp

RLGTorchbugLanterns.esp

RSChildren.esp

Rudy Nordic Pottery SSE.esp

RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Unsorted.esp

S3DRocks.esp

sandboxcylinderheight.esp

SexlabAmmoUnequip.esp   <<<<Need to convert to form 44 in CreationKit first

SkyUI_SE.esp

Treeswinedave - Tactical Valtheim Patch.esp

VWA_VanillaWarpaintsAbsolution.esp

We Dont Float.esp

Wet&Cold - WaterFix - Addon.esp

WetandCold - Fur Hoods Fix.esp

Windstad_Row_Boat.esp

All those 'claim' to work with the ESL flag in the plugin header.

All the other plugins either require much more work or cannot be converted in the first place so if you are running low on plugin slots you might want to take a look at above list. Compability Patches should be a good place to start.

1 hour ago, alaunus01 said:

Well I didn't crash when I set the esl flag on all of them so that's a plus

Here is a list:

Reveal hidden contents

Better Dynamic Ash.esp

BromjunaarJournal.esp

Cathedral - Water.esp

Daily Chicken Eggs.esp

Elewellyn.esp

Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE.esp

FalmerLoot.esp

Female Dremora.esp

GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp

ImprovedMeeko.esp

LeftHandRings-1stPersonView.esp

LindsayTemperPants.esp

mcgFemaleWalk for SkyrimSE.esp

MMI.esp

MoonlightTalesMCM.esp

MorrowLoot_GuardsArmorReplacerPatch.esp

No Edge Glow - Magic and Transformations.esp

NoBSAIProjectileDodge.esp

NoFalmerEars.esp

Obsidian_TS_AOS_Patch.esp

Obsidian_TS_Patch_Spectral.esp

Obsidian_TS_Patch_Spectral_WaterFix.esp

PassiveWeaponEnchantmentRecharging.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

RDO - USSEP Patch.esp

Reach Tree Replacer Summer.esp

Real Bound Bow.esp

Realistic Haircolors.esp

RLGTorchbugLanterns.esp

RSChildren.esp

Rudy Nordic Pottery SSE.esp

RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Unsorted.esp

S3DRocks.esp

sandboxcylinderheight.esp

SexlabAmmoUnequip.esp   <<<<Need to convert to form 44 in CreationKit first

SkyUI_SE.esp

Treeswinedave - Tactical Valtheim Patch.esp

VWA_VanillaWarpaintsAbsolution.esp

We Dont Float.esp

Wet&Cold - WaterFix - Addon.esp

WetandCold - Fur Hoods Fix.esp

Windstad_Row_Boat.esp

All those 'claim' to work with the ESL flag in the plugin header.

All the other plugins either require much more work or cannot be converted in the first place so if you are running low on plugin slots you might want to take a look at above list. Compability Patches should be a good place to start.

SkyUI needs skyrim.esm to be added as it's master when converting to esl. It doesn't acutally need it but it may throw up an error if it isn't, which won't break anything, just an annoyance.

I think you may run into mesh problems with RSChildren, but I'm not 100% sure.

They're the only ones I know off the top of my head...

4 hours ago, mknn said:

@Aylis, you removed the Jaxonz MCM Kicker because you could do the same thing via the console. Can you share the console command you use? And, do you run it every time, or just when you're aware of an MCM menu not loading right, or what?

Added to the bugs section. Done

4 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

I no longer see

- HD LODs Textures SE Mesh Fix

- Noble Skyrim Material Fix

in Foundation. Redundant?

As they are redundant they never made it into the list.

Regarding the conversion to ESL: i wouldn't do that unless i'd absolutely had to. Here i use almost every optional mod in the list (except Bijin and some LL mods) and still have 25 free slots for ESP available. This might change when 'Beyond Skyrim' and 'Skyrim extended' drop.

But then i possibly have to rebuild the list anyway...

Small warning in advance: 9th to 13th dec i won't be available. I'll be chippin' in so hard that i'd even miss a nuclear explosion nearby...

@Aylis Yeah, I've used for a while with no issues until now. Are you using the Gemling or SMIM models/textures from the FOMOD? Another issue I'm having is my earrings keep getting unequipped. Maybe that's not related though.

Hmm. Looks like I might have forgotten the RoM patch for it after re-installing it.

Edit - Yep. Very stable now. Whoops.

@Aylis Sorry to keep bugging you, but I thought it might be a good idea to provide an updated screenshot of your ESMs at the top of your load order (Installation section, bullet point 1). The absence of the ESMs for Majestic Mountains Landscape, High Poly Head, etc. may be confusing for new users.

Also the link for Wrye Bash under Preinstallation links to the LE one, not the SE one. Does that matter?

There's also a patch for Better Dynamic Snow and Majestic Mountains. The description for Better Dynamic Snow Patches says we need it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20102

Spoiler

image.png.f254b32bfeb184be1895d290ba87ac67.png

3 hours ago, wollboi said:

Also the link for Wrye Bash under Preinstallation links to the LE one, not the SE one. Does that matter?

There's also a patch for Better Dynamic Snow and Majestic Mountains. The description for Better Dynamic Snow Patches says we need it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20102

1. No idea how that happened. Fixed

2. LOOT also says we need that patch and i still say we don't. Just read the description of the patch we do use... ?

21 hours ago, AkiKay said:

They actually promise 1-2MB per second for non-premium members. Getting 50kb is pretty weak ?

no.. 1mb TOTAL for non premium. So however many mods you are downloading is split between however many you have going at the same time. newest download will get priority.

I paid 50 pounds for a lifetime membership.. simply because i ain't got time for that. Plus it's honestly worth it for just 50. so far time wise i would have spent 3-400 in lost time sitting here watching a download at 1mb. choice is up to you, i bought it a year ago and have re-downloaded this list 3 times, and my own "must have" mods at least twice in that time. I get more mad about the wait 10 sec this site makes me do. 

19 hours ago, mknn said:

Bumping this. I re-ran CBBE 3BBB (not CBPC, duh) and it seemed to impact jiggle under clothes more than jiggle during SL scenes. Thoughts? One other questions

• Anyone know a way to control pubic hair color? There is a bright orange that is showing up on dark-haired folks pretty regularly. Local dyes, I guess.

@Aylis doesn't painted lady color the pubic hairs, the ones i use are overlays and can be changed, i realize it's on npc but can't the color spectrum be changed in mcm? 

Looking for some general guidance here. My Dwarven Helmet (the stovepipe one) is invisible--so whoever wears it appears bald. It is visible in the inventory, invisible when equipped.

I assume there is an issue somewhere in the mod overwrite chain, probably of the mesh files, right? The question is really whether there is a good guide somewhere to chasing down and fixing this kind of issue--as usual, various forum/Reddit posts have bits of the process.

I assume I have to find the actual name of the file, then I can use MO2 to see what overwrites it, and can then troubleshoot from there. Is, is that correct and, if so, how to find the file name--I have seen lots of subtle variants in armor and weapon names.

So I completed Physics and Animation part and wanted to check is everything is ok, but looks like I messed up somewhere.
These "fangs" are only visible on first person perspective and they texture changes depending on your main body armor.
Anyone knows what could I messed up?
<spoiler>

1 (1).jpg

1 (2).jpg</spoiler>

42 minutes ago, alaunus01 said:

May I suggest this nifty little mod. With that you should be able to track down exactly what helm is broken and it even should tell you which mod was the last who changed it.

Odd how poorly the brain can behave before coffee. Yeah, I have that. But it's invisible, my brain says, how do I click on it? Embarrassing, ain't it ...

7 minutes ago, mknn said:

Odd how poorly the brain can behave before coffee. Yeah, I have that. But it's invisible, my brain says, how do I click on it? Embarrassing, ain't it ...

You keep it in your inventory. Select yourself then check the inventory of the selected character.

On 6/13/2020 at 12:12 PM, Aylis said:

Ah, that was it. The patch should be used anyway (and i already have it in the list).

Finally got it. I was running into an issue but could solve it. This batch took way longer than expected...

The batch removes more than 1000 redundant files (i lost count) and should free something around 12 GB on your drive. Again: In case you still find a typo (there shouldn't be one left) please tell me about it so i can fix it.

Uploading file:

Batch 03 V1.2.bat 42.27 kB · 515 downloads

This will also be the last one for a while. With all the reruns and checks it almost took me six days to finish it and i really need a break from that. 

Hey guys, do you remember this? I used it in the past and now I'm updating to the current list. My question is: Do I need to reinstall all my texture mods this effected?

2 hours ago, macocieto said:

So I completed Physics and Animation part and wanted to check is everything is ok, but looks like I messed up somewhere.
These "fangs" are only visible on first person perspective and they texture changes depending on your main body armor.
Anyone knows what could I messed up?
<spoiler>

...snip...

</spoiler>

I'd say there's something wrong with the mesh. Some standard armors had something similar (aka not that extreme) in 1st person - but the replacers we use should prevent that.

7 hours ago, jaeos said:

@Aylis doesn't painted lady color the pubic hairs, the ones i use are overlays and can be changed, i realize it's on npc but can't the color spectrum be changed in mcm? 

The Painted Lady is for the PC only and should, once set, work automatically via racemenu.

The other ones are for NPC. But SoS often also applies those to the PC in addition to the one you've choosen during the creation (aka your choice gets overwritten). Two mods/patches trying to do the same at the same time usually means trouble.

1 hour ago, mknn said:

Try dropping it somewhere (make a save first!) and then try to click on it.

1 hour ago, jap2015 said:

Hey guys, do you remember this? I used it in the past and now I'm updating to the current list. My question is: Do I need to reinstall all my texture mods this effected?

I'd strongly recommend to reinstall the mods (hope you got backups of the files). I might redo the batches later on but there's one mod i'm waiting for before i could even start to work on them.

8 hours ago, jaeos said:

no.. 1mb TOTAL for non premium. So however many mods you are downloading is split between however many you have going at the same time. newest download will get priority.

1MB for base users, 2MB for supporters.  In my experience the newest download doesn't always get priority, sometimes the oldest one does.