Female player invisible during AAF animations

As the title says...everything seems to work just fine, but my female player is invisible during animations.  I had this problem before and IIRC it was just an in game setting, but I stepped away from FO4 for a few months and I cannot find any threads on this.  I attached my list of AAF mods to assist in troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Eric

Mods.jpg

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, NinjaKingConnor said:

I have the exact same problem. Sometimes my character is visible, most of the time not. I use CBBE but I don't think that's the problem.

On mine, the body disappears, but the head & hands remain. I'm using the experimental Zex Body.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Still no news on this? I've tried multiple different animation packs for AAF and tested them in a new game by typing "coc sanctuaryext" at the main menu. They all render my character invisible but any NPC I pair with my character works properly. I'm using the Fusion Girl body.

EDIT: Considering this is an old thread, I thought I should also mention I'm using the newest version of AAF alongside The One Patch that just came out.

• 7 months later...

I had the same issue. i use almost the same mods you listed there. the only difference is i use Fusion Girl body with all the Physics files for it. everything worked fine until i changed my characters hairstyle, that's when i ran into the same issue.
loading an older save file before i changed the hairstyle fixed it for me. i don't know about just changing the hair back to the one i had before, didn't try that.

On 2/28/2020 at 5:38 AM, Hexposed said:

I had the same issue. i use almost the same mods you listed there. the only difference is i use Fusion Girl body with all the Physics files for it. everything worked fine until i changed my characters hairstyle, that's when i ran into the same issue.
loading an older save file before i changed the hairstyle fixed it for me. i don't know about just changing the hair back to the one i had before, didn't try that.

I been having trouble since I changed the hair style at the barber shop in diamond city.  saving then exiting the game to desktop and restarting makes it better for me.  some raider bodies are invisible, until I look them, with only the head and hands showing.  Once looted, they show back up.  I try the clothes they were wearing on my toon, and they look fine, no invisible body, so it is not clothing related.  It also may be going away the longer it has been since the hair change.

• 10 months later...
On 2/29/2020 at 11:41 AM, Arcturus7777 said:

I been having trouble since I changed the hair style at the barber shop in diamond city.  saving then exiting the game to desktop and restarting makes it better for me.  some raider bodies are invisible, until I look them, with only the head and hands showing.  Once looted, they show back up.  I try the clothes they were wearing on my toon, and they look fine, no invisible body, so it is not clothing related.  It also may be going away the longer it has been since the hair change.

Thanks for helping me pin this down. I just changed my hair in looksmirror and then Sex Harassments mod started an event. My character was gone.

I thought at first it was because I removed the material "basehumanfemaleskin.bgsm" file at first (there is a bug with Getting Dirty mod and the 8K texture mod that makes this weird x-ray effect with dirty textures), but in that same scenario I just changed my hair and had an invisible character. I reloaded the game after restoring that file and though that was the case as when I did another test animation my character was there.

I just changed my hair again and did an animation and poof gone character again even though I restored the original file (but did modify it to fix the x-ray bug and then tested later with AAF successfully).

So now I ended the animation. Saved the game. Restarted and tested any animation and my character is no longer invisible. No change with my setup or files. Just a reload of the game.

My character is also visible but in just few minutes my character turns invisible. If I unequip all clothes I can see my character but in clothes my character is invisible. But every time I reload the game my character is visible and after some time my character goes invisible again.

20210112185528_1.jpg

Fallout 4 Super-Resolution 2021.01.12 - 18.53.03.52.png

• 1 year later...

Sorry for potential necro if this is a finished discussion but, for me it was the texture optimization project overriding actor textures. For some reason this doesn't matter much for ghouls/dogs probably cause the AAF "animatables" run off their own resources. Make sure your FG/Bodytalks aren't being retextured and check your load order.

Edited by ithinkimst0ned
sloppy writing