[Mod Summary] Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal

Which .cat file am I supposed to be working with when using the New body model v1? I want to maintain all the skin tones and such, but I don't know where the nipple texture is supposed to go? do I edit the files for skin? I had tried that and my game started crashing.

17 hours ago, The_Venerator said:

The com.cat file doesn't seem to remove the light effects from the transformation animation, even tried com.cat replacers from Estival or PBS with no success.

The one on the OP is working fine you just need to extract in your game folder and overwrite when asked. DO NOT use com.cat from others SK games as you will lose some text and have some bugs.
However it's only working for the english version and the com.cat in GameData\Effect must be the original.

16 hours ago, jormilos said:

Which .cat file am I supposed to be working with when using the New body model v1? I want to maintain all the skin tones and such, but I don't know where the nipple texture is supposed to go? do I edit the files for skin? I had tried that and my game started crashing.

All chars skin textures are in their respective skn** folder. Located in Gamedata/Model/Playable
IE: ASUKA = skn00

4 hours ago, The Butler said:

The one on the OP is working fine you just need to extract in your game folder and overwrite when asked. DO NOT use com.cat from others SK games as you will lose some text and have some bugs.
However it's only working for the english version and the com.cat in GameData\Effect must be the original.

Ahh my mistake, sorry, I was replacing the original com.cat in the GameData\Effect folder rather than the Localize\EN\effect one. Thanks for the help, it works now.

5 minutes ago, wookhiemanjoe said:

is there a way to get no bra and no panties without uniforms going away?

Just use xx_01_xx files from the uniforms mods and you should be good to go....
Alternatively you can rename all xx_01_xx files from the mod to _00* this will make all C1 uniforms braless....

IE:
Modded file name = 00_01_H.cat
After = 00_00_H.cat

3 hours ago, Jayan13 said:

So, could I get a quick tutorial on the 010 template? I have some interest in making my own scale, but... it looks like fuckin' nonsense to me when I open it up.

There were some tutorial regarding hex editing in the estival topic.

2 hours ago, The_Venerator said:

Is there a way to remove bras universally in the same manner as the NoPan mod? I know the modded uniforms C2 work but is there a way to remove bras for ninja outfits?

Unfortunatelly no.  All bra info are in the clothing files. So unless someone hex edit ALL clothings there will be no easy way to have all clothes without bra.

50 minutes ago, Lilpondturtle said:

I got the nobra mod working but they still have panties even though i placed all the mods in "username/appdata/local/senrankaguraburst".

But why would you put mods in "username/appdata/local/senrankaguraburst" ?
This folder contain only the save files if I remember right.
If you misunderstood, root folder is the folder where you installed the game.
For Steam is "Steam\steamapps\common\SENRAN KAGURA Burst Re Newal".

2 hours ago, The Butler said:

Unfortunatelly no.  All bra info are in the clothing files. So unless someone hex edit ALL clothings there will be no easy way to have all clothes without bra.

If you have a hex editor with wildcard searching it's not much of a chore. I can probably at least do a batch edit for the Ninja costumes tonight or tomorrow, just gotta test and make sure there aren't any unintended consequences.

@The Butler could you indicate the hex changes that have to be made on the clothing files to remove the bra or where to find this information? I made some search in the page and I found a similar discussion in the Estival Versus thread (https://www.loverslab.com/topic/75413-senran-kagura-estival-versus-pc-hex-editingbody-and-making-thing-invisible/?page=2) However the discussion centered in the panties removal and make invisible other features that only exist in Estival Versus games but there is no information about the necessary changes for making bra invisible. 

Now, hex comparing the original files and the mods "no bra uniform" files, they are very different and in addition the no bra files are almost 200kB bigger.  So is not clear for me the changes I have to make to make bra invisible in other outifts

6 hours ago, The Butler said:

There were some tutorial regarding hex editing in the estival topic.

Found the 'tutorial' at https://steamcommunity.com/app/502800/discussions/0/133259956009520157/?ctp=4#c133260492055695669.

Confusing as shit. I managed to open up the file with the template, but it still looks like nonsense.

The only thing said by the author was that after that, it would be self-evident, but it's, well.

Not.

What does any of this mean, and how do I use it? Should I just make a new topic to ask for help?

Capt34ture.PNG

8 hours ago, link1233 said:

Do costume mods work from Estival Versus?

Yes they do however they won't look so great because the model is pretty old compared to the new ones. (And may or may not crash your game at some point)

8 hours ago, bluerobot99 said:

how do the protruding nipples work even? is it an outfit by outfit thing or is it dictated by something else?

The currently available protruding nipples are directly tied to the new body model.
Which is as the name says a new body model which replaces famitsu swimsuit

7 hours ago, mixcoatl said:

@The Butler could you indicate the hex changes that have to be made on the clothing files to remove the bra or where to find this information? I made some search in the page and I found a similar discussion in the Estival Versus thread (https://www.loverslab.com/topic/75413-senran-kagura-estival-versus-pc-hex-editingbody-and-making-thing-invisible/?page=2) However the discussion centered in the panties removal and make invisible other features that only exist in Estival Versus games but there is no information about the necessary changes for making bra invisible. 

Now, hex comparing the original files and the mods "no bra uniform" files, they are very different and in addition the no bra files are almost 200kB bigger.  So is not clear for me the changes I have to make to make bra invisible in other outifts

You can check this post for more info

4 hours ago, Jayan13 said:

Found the 'tutorial' at https://steamcommunity.com/app/502800/discussions/0/133259956009520157/?ctp=4#c133260492055695669.

Confusing as shit. I managed to open up the file with the template, but it still looks like nonsense.

The only thing said by the author was that after that, it would be self-evident, but it's, well.

Not.

What does any of this mean, and how do I use it? Should I just make a new topic to ask for help?

I never really messed with bodyscales but the steps should be like this....

1 - Open 010 Editor
2 - Load bodyscl.bin

3 - Load template

4 - Change values on template window ( X Y Z )

5 - Press CTRL+S to save
6 - Leave 010 Editor Open and check the values in game

7 - If you get your desired effect you can close 010 Editor and keep playing if not go back to 010 editor and increase or decrease the value you want

17 minutes ago, The Butler said:

Yes they do however they won't look so great because the model is pretty old compared to the new ones. (And may or may not crash your game at some point)

I replaced all the C2 versions with the braless ones from EV.

All of them work in the dressing room.

I'm on mission 4-2 so far and not a single crash.

On some costumes the bra doesn't disappear until you destroy the clothes completely.

It happened on Asuka and Yagyu. Works fine on all other costumes I tried.

That's the only issue I found so far.

6 hours ago, The Butler said:

1 - Open 010 Editor
2 - Load bodyscl.bin

3 - Load template

4 - Change values on template window ( X Y Z )

5 - Press CTRL+S to save
6 - Leave 010 Editor Open and check the values in game

7 - If you get your desired effect you can close 010 Editor and keep playing if not go back to 010 editor and increase or decrease the value you want

Neat. Figured it out, thank you very much for indulging me.

I'm not sure where to post this, or if the mod has its own thread. Let me know if it does.

I downloaded the no-bra mod, and everything seems to work, but Homura's Color 2 uniform still has a bra underneath. I suppose the mod creator uploaded the wrong file for that one. Could someone add it?

Also, Daidoji seems to be the only character (that I can see) who isn't included in this mod. It would be nice to add her too.

Thanks to the person who made this thread, its made modding the game much easier.

Would it be possible to get some of the new hairstyles introduced in PBS modded into BRN (i.e. Yagyuu's single ponytail or Yomi's pigtails with the bow)? I seem to recall reading somewhere that transferring PBS hair to EV was possible and relatively easy, but I don't know. I love most of the new hairstyles and would love to get them in-game.

9 hours ago, Quinncy Crow said:

Would it be possible to get some of the new hairstyles introduced in PBS modded into BRN (i.e. Yagyuu's single ponytail or Yomi's pigtails with the bow)? I seem to recall reading somewhere that transferring PBS hair to EV was possible and relatively easy, but I don't know. I love most of the new hairstyles and would love to get them in-game.

It is possible by replacing the existing hairstyle.

Example : Change Yagyu's hairstyle to ponytail
- rename and overwrite the following files:.

- numbers are character IDs.

- dont forget to backup.
[PBS]                                                  [BRN]
GameData\Model\Playable\hair     GameData\Model\Playable\hr03
   hr119.cat                                   =>   hr03_H.cat
   hr119.cat                                   =>   hr03_L.cat

GameData\Binary\physics\hr           GameData\Binary\physics\hr
   collision_hr_119.bin                  =>   collision_hr_03.bin
   yure_hr_119.bin                         =>   yure_hr_03.bin

File Name List

BRN(GameData\Model\Playable\)
hr33    Pixie
hr34    Ponytail
hr35    Pigtails
hr36    Side Tail
hr37    Bangs
hr38    Double Knot
hr39    Emo Cut
hr40    Drill Pigtails
hr41    Short Bob
hr42    Double Buns
hr43    Parted Bangs
hr44    Top Knot
hr45    Black Crop
hr46    Loose Perm

PBS(GameData\Model\Playable\hair)
hr20.cat    Jasmine's Hair
hr22.cat    Renka's Hair
hr23.cat    Hanabi's Hair
hr24.cat    Kafuru's Hair
hr27.cat    Sayuri's Hair
hr28.cat    Ayame's Hair
hr29.cat    Ayane's Hair
hr30.cat    Sun Ce's Hair
hr31.cat    Lu Bu's Hair
hr32.cat    Guan Yu's Hair
hr95.cat    Leo's Hair
hr97.cat    Yuyaki's Hair
hr99.cat    Soji's Hair
hr105.cat   Mirai's Hair (Pigtails)
hr106.cat   Kagura's Hair (Braided)
hr107.cat   Ayame's Hair (Giant Bun)
hr108.cat   Hikage's Hair (Two Pig-Tails)
hr109.cat   Ikaruga's Hair (Chignon)
hr110.cat   Yomi's Hair (Pigtails)
hr111.cat   Ryobi's Hair (Braided)
hr119.cat   Yagyu's Hair (Ponytail)
hr120.cat   Miyabi's Hair (Short Bob)
hr121.cat   Shiki's Hair (Voluminous Long)
hr122.cat   Marie Rose's Hair
hr124.cat   Honoka's Hair
hr126.cat   Lu Meng's Hair
hr128.cat   Rinka's Hair
hr130.cat   Ranka's Hair
hr132.cat   Basho's Hair
hr134.cat   Sonico's Hair
hr136.cat   Neptune's Hair

On 2/6/2019 at 5:35 AM, xTheLAw said:

I tried all the bra removal mods from Estival Versus and they all work in the dressing room. I didn't try them in-game yet.

All the ID's match up.

Ninja OutfitsUniformsCostumes

It doesn't affect all costumes but it does most of them. Some also look slightly different.

This replaces the original costumes. If you want to keep the originals you have to rename the files ending with "00_H.cat" and "00_L.cat"   to   "01_H.cat" and "01_L.cat"

I can't upload the edited files because my upload is to slow.

Would be nice if someone could rename the files and upload it to simplify this.

You can use "Advanced renamer" to change the names all at once. That's how I did it.

Here are the girls IDs if someone needs them:

00  - Asuka
01  - Ikaruga
02  - Katsuragi
03  - Yagyu
04  - Hiabari
05  - Homura
06  - Yomi    
07  - Hikage
08  - Mirai
09  - Haruka
10  - Yumi