[Mod Summary] Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal

5 hours ago, Libero_o said:

I have been trying to edit some textures myself and used the cat editor. But when i try to change the files the editor tells me that the file size doesnt match and the game crashes when my texture is loaded. Does anyone know waht I am doing wrong?

When editing textures keep in mind. 

1. Texture must always be (nvidia) .dds format
  2. Nvidia .dds = DXT1,2,3,5
    Intel .dds = BC1,BC3,BC5
  3. Always check the .dds type before editing.
    DXT1 → For images without alpha channel
    DXT5 → For images with alpha
    Alpha = Transparency
  4. texture size needs to be a multiple of 4. (256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, etc).

Also getting a message saying that texture is of different size is normal since your will be adding,editing,resizing the texture it's normal for it to decrease or increase in size.

10 hours ago, The Butler said:

When editing textures keep in mind. 

1. Texture must always be (nvidia) .dds format
  2. Nvidia .dds = DXT1,2,3,5
    Intel .dds = BC1,BC3,BC5
  3. Always check the .dds type before editing.
    DXT1 → For images without alpha channel
    DXT5 → For images with alpha
    Alpha = Transparency
  4. texture size needs to be a multiple of 4. (256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, etc).

Also getting a message saying that texture is of different size is normal since your will be adding,editing,resizing the texture it's normal for it to decrease or increase in size.

Thanks a lot. That was the information I was missing. It does work now :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. What is the best option for an "invisible" costume that makes the girls nude if they're wearing it? There's the "invisible uniforms" mod in the first post, but as mentioned a while back, there's a problem with it. During the Shinobi Transformation cutscenes, it shows the yellow Bubbles costume being put on them instead of having them remain nude. The girl will be naked when it goes back to the actual game, but the cutscene annoyingly shows them covered in yellow bubbles. I believe The Butler attributed this problem to a hex editing error in which the creator forgot to edit the close-up variants of the Bubbles costume, which was used to make the mod. Anyway, what are my other options for nude outfits since that one has an annoying error?

Fixed it myself! This mod will make all of the default school uniforms invisible, without the annoying bubble glitch during Shinobi Transformations! All I had to do was take the files from the invisible Asuka Bikini mod from Estival Versus, copy them a bunch of times, rename them to match the correct outfits for this game, and replace the files in the Invisible Uniforms mod in the first post of this thread. Can't believe it worked!

Invisible + Nobra Uniforms No Bubbles.7z

I am confused as hell on how to make all this work.

I downloaded the lightbeam removal and the skin pack, but when I logged on and went to the dressing room, all the girls still had panties and these awful bandages over their boobs.

I have tried both 2K and 4K of the skin to see if that makes a difference, and it didn't.

I am following the install directions, dragging the Game Folder from the mod into the Root Folder, and clicking yes to all the overrides.

What else do I need to do? Is this some sort of update thing?

20200710210820_1.jpg

2 hours ago, Brodyssey said:

The lightbeam removal and the skin texture packs alone won't make the bras and panties disappear. You also need to download and install the no panties mod, as well as the braless costumes mods. All available in the first post :)

So, I did some fiddling around and it looks like the bandages are treated as the bras themselves because they change color and texture along with the lingerie selection.

The braless costume mods alter the undamaged costume to make them always flashing, not quite what I'm looking for.

If the bras are removed with the panties from that mod, then I would simply do that, but did anyone make a character list for the files? I only want to do it with characters that will be using costumes that have the horrible bandages when they get torn.

Basically, I'm looking for something that I can remove the lingerie, preferably just the bras, when the costume gets torn.

3 hours ago, rarogar said:

So, I did some fiddling around and it looks like the bandages are treated as the bras themselves because they change color and texture along with the lingerie selection.

The braless costume mods alter the undamaged costume to make them always flashing, not quite what I'm looking for.

If the bras are removed with the panties from that mod, then I would simply do that, but did anyone make a character list for the files? I only want to do it with characters that will be using costumes that have the horrible bandages when they get torn.

Basically, I'm looking for something that I can remove the lingerie, preferably just the bras, when the costume gets torn.

removing bras requires hex editing of costume files individually. if you want to edit those costumes in a different way than the one person who made the braless costumes, you'll have to figure out how to hex edit it yourself

i think info about that should be somewhere in the Estival VS topic. you might also be able to ask the person who made the braless costumes as well

6 hours ago, hilbo75 said:

removing bras requires hex editing of costume files individually. if you want to edit those costumes in a different way than the one person who made the braless costumes, you'll have to figure out how to hex edit it yourself

i think info about that should be somewhere in the Estival VS topic. you might also be able to ask the person who made the braless costumes as well

Huh, then is there a way I can just have it where when the clothes get torn they're naked instead? I think the No Panties mod does that but I was hoping to be able to choose which girls it affects, or which outfits.

1 hour ago, rarogar said:

Huh, then is there a way I can just have it where when the clothes get torn they're naked instead? I think the No Panties mod does that but I was hoping to be able to choose which girls it affects, or which outfits.

you can choose which outfits it effects if you know the names of the files. if you use CAT texture editor you can tell which outfit is which. then you can replace the one you want to replace with the one in the braless outfit packs

panties should also be file by file as well. find which one is which with CAT texture editor and then replace it with the corresponding file in the no panties zipfile

6 minutes ago, hilbo75 said:

you can choose which outfits it effects if you know the names of the files. if you use CAT texture editor you can tell which outfit is which. then you can replace the one you want to replace with the one in the braless outfit packs

panties should also be file by file as well. find which one is which with CAT texture editor and then replace it with the corresponding file in the no panties zipfile

Is that the name of the program? I googled CAT texture editor but all I got were linux stuff. Is it like a way to open the files and read them to find the name of the outfit?

Is that the name of the program? I googled CAT texture editor but all I got were linux stuff. Is it like a way to open the files and read them to find the name of the outfit?

first post of this thread under useful links
also known as CTE which stands for Cat Texture Editor

51 minutes ago, hilbo75 said:

first post of this thread under useful links
also known as CTE which stands for Cat Texture Editor

I got it. But damn, the No Panties mod doesn't affect the bra afterall.

Screenshot2.jpg.a45307810f6a43b7b777b9e127108dad.jpg

This guy seemed to be able to get what I am after, topless or nude lingerie when their clothes are torn off, 4th page of this thread midway down.

Yuma1.png.b984394ded860bfe8744d71bfafb8c69.png

Yuma.png.1df0a33ec5ae8c010087710b02cde707.png

55 minutes ago, rarogar said:

I got it. But damn, the No Panties mod doesn't affect the bra afterall.

Screenshot2.jpg.a45307810f6a43b7b777b9e127108dad.jpg

This guy seemed to be able to get what I am after, topless or nude lingerie when their clothes are torn off, 4th page of this thread midway down.

Yuma1.png.b984394ded860bfe8744d71bfafb8c69.png

Yuma.png.1df0a33ec5ae8c010087710b02cde707.png

the bras are only effected by the costume you're wearing. you need to hex edit the costume file to get rid of the bra

10 hours ago, hilbo75 said:

the bras are only effected by the costume you're wearing. you need to hex edit the costume file to get rid of the bra

Alright, I found the software so I'll take it for a spin. Thanks!

But basically you're telling me the only way to play the game without the bandages are figuring out how to use the hex editing program? I'm kinda dumbfounded that something like this was never highly demanded when the mods were initially released.

@rarogar

I don't get what you want.

If you want to erase bras or bandages from costumes, then use Braless Costumes Packs from first post.

If you want to do it only for specific costumes, then check costumes IDs and replace only what you need. IDs are the same as PBS, so check them there

2020-07-12(20.56.45).png

@ef24tas

Put simply, I want a mod that removes either just the bra or both bra and panties (I'm not picky) when the girl's outfits are torn, or you take them off. The Braless Costumes Packs tears up the outfits and makes them to where they are always flashing, even though they haven't ripped them yet.

Why do I want this? Because some of the outfits that I like have those horrible bandages over their boobs that I want to get rid of. That's the main goal here, get rid of the bandages without changing the outfits.

The Braless Costumes Packs tears up the outfits and makes them to where they are always flashing, even though they haven't ripped them yet.

No? Did you make that conclusion based on screenshots?

I mean, here how this mod works for me:

Spoiler

2020-07-13(01_33.25).jpg.c611790a337443fdf72470d4452d863b.jpg2020-07-13(01_31.56).jpg.ba5488ed04d5f681b530cf3d89bfb9b8.jpg2020-07-13(01_31.55).jpg.e3d323f0a3517dd0e3f39d9012521fdf.jpg2020-07-13(01_31.53).jpg.cf098df444836bbe59e2cca474e6fd92.jpg

No bra or bandages, and outfit is perfectly normal. You can also remove panties if you dress the invisible ones.

Maybe am I just an idiot that can't understand.

22 minutes ago, ef24tas said:

No? Did you make that conclusion based on screenshots?

I mean, here how this mod works for me:

Reveal hidden contents

2020-07-13(01_33.25).jpg.c611790a337443fdf72470d4452d863b.jpg2020-07-13(01_31.56).jpg.ba5488ed04d5f681b530cf3d89bfb9b8.jpg2020-07-13(01_31.55).jpg.e3d323f0a3517dd0e3f39d9012521fdf.jpg2020-07-13(01_31.53).jpg.cf098df444836bbe59e2cca474e6fd92.jpg

No bra or bandages, and outfit is perfectly normal. You can also remove panties if you dress the invisible ones.

Maybe am I just an idiot that can't understand.

*facepalm* No, I was making the assumption based off of the outfit I tried with the mod when it automatically looked like this

Jiggle.jpg.8d2776b54a1100a18ffe94c9fa7f1d6a.jpg

Yet now I realize that this is a non tearing outfit, so that is why she is automatically showing her tits. I tried it with another outfit as you said and walla, it works perfectly.

Thank you for clearing it up for me. I'm the one who's stupid, not you.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, treetoto said:

Hey, Don't know if people are still updating or checking this thread but the Dick mod is just placing a dick infront of the girl's face and not at there crotch, Should i change something?

Main post is no longer being updated as new mods became non-existent.
As for the vast majority of accessory mods You will have ot manually adjust them to your desired location using in-game tools.