Jump to content

Skyrim is replacing and deleteing files by its self...


Z0mBieP00Nani

Recommended Posts

The title says it all, basically I just now realized that the game has deleted all of the meshes in my weapons folder. That's not the first time this game has done something weird (and annoying) like this, before that I logged on to find out that the CBBE body texture I was using had been replaced with that of a UNP texture that I had never used before (no It wasn't from a mod I had installed recently, I made sure that wasn't the case). Long before that though I had made a mod that allowed me to cook and eat mud crab claws, just for fun, it had a custom mesh and everything, then after a crash one day, the textures and meshes got deleted.

 

Has anyone else had this happen before? Also I should mention that I play the game with Steam set to "Offline".

Link to comment

Without telling us if you're using a mod manager (NMM or MO) or even what version of Skyrim (LE or SSE) it's impossible for us to determine what the problem is for you.

 

Judging by the fact that you're a senior member here I assume that you're probably quite experienced in modding so you are probably at least using a mod organizer which uses virtual libraries (which means no files actually gets deleted or added). If that's the case it could simply mean you've accidentally switched profiles that would have turned the mods off and caused them to not appear in the libraries.

 

If you're using NMM I don't think I'm able to give advice because it's been at least 5-6 years since I last used it.

 

Skyrim SSE probably might still have some issues because it's linked to the creation store so the regular DLC content downloads are a constant problem plaguing the game where SKSE always gets broken.

 

Apart from that it's all speculation. Still might need more info on what you're running.

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Derpakiin said:

Without telling us if you're using a mod manager (NMM or MO) or even what version of Skyrim (LE or SSE) it's impossible for us to determine what the problem is for you.

 

Judging by the fact that you're a senior member here I assume that you're probably quite experienced in modding so you are probably at least using a mod organizer which uses virtual libraries (which means no files actually gets deleted or added). If that's the case it could simply mean you've accidentally switched profiles that would have turned the mods off and caused them to not appear in the libraries.

 

If you're using NMM I don't think I'm able to give advice because it's been at least 5-6 years since I last used it.

 

Skyrim SSE probably might still have some issues because it's linked to the creation store so the regular DLC content downloads are a constant problem plaguing the game where SKSE always gets broken.

 

Apart from that it's all speculation. Still might need more info on what you're running.

I don't use a mod manager (though I probably should), I happen to be of the opinion that they over complicate something that is as simple as "plug and play" most of the time, and more times than I can count I have seen people on here and other forums making posts about how they are having issues that later turn out to be caused by their mod manager, problems that I don't have.

 

No, these files are being removed directly from my game folders, which probably wouldn't happen if I used a mod manager, but fortunately I've only seen this happen three times since I've been playing the game (starting around 2012).

 

I really only made this thread because I was curious if anyone else had experienced the issue. I wouldn't even begin to know what might be causing something like that, much less try to figure it out.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

I have seen people on here and other forums making posts about how they are having issues that later turn out to be caused by their mod manager

The problems are not caused by the mod managers but by the people using the mod managers.

 

As for your current problem, what you describe is impossible therefore you are missing a piece of the puzzle. The only two things I can think of which might cause it are some sort of virus (unlikely) or a bad sector(s) on the HDD (stranger things have happened at sea).

Link to comment
39 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

The problems are not caused by the mod managers but by the people using the mod managers.

 

As for your current problem, what you describe is impossible therefore you are missing a piece of the puzzle. The only two things I can think of which might cause it are some sort of virus (unlikely) or a bad sector(s) on the HDD (stranger things have happened at sea).

Strange sectors sounds about right then. My computer is kind of old at this point so I wouldn't be surprised..

 

I've been putting off building a new one.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. For more information, see our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use