Walkthrough

tallal

Wonderful job guys, the pdf really look nice and pro!

If, and only if, you really want to be fussy about it; I'll make those minors changes:

Crop the map pics to just the map, like for example on pg 16.

PG26: Picture is a bit dark (I know it's the atmosphere) and doesn't really show much.

PG30: Pic of Hjotra is a bit skewed.

PG76: Pic not centered.

To make it easier for the eye; I'd also change most titles color from shades of Orange to shade of Blue/Grey to match the background style.

I'll give you two pics in replacement asap!

Done some of that

http://www.adrive.com/public/TKQaX6/CLS_walkthrough_41T.7z

two maps towards end of doc todo, can you look and see if the others are OK now before I do them as they take a bit of time todo.

The first two maps should we crop them so the buttons are removed ?

re-jigged the contrat & colour sat on the dark pic;s as well.

I'll fix the page text to right hand side boundary next time as well...

Having redone the gold pixes to get the map I'm supprised they don;t do somthing nasty to you (ala the blues) if you play to many bum notes :)

For the map I was thinking that yes. Just crop it so only the map shows.

Not really important...

So maps I'm talking about are on:

pg 5 and 16.

If you want to crop all of them so we don't see any UI you can also consider:

Pg 17, 39, 47, & 66. I won't even bother with new screenshots, just crop them. If you want to post the pics in a zip I can do it for you.

Now, does LO contains something like style sheets?

Yes Libre does use styles, it much akin to word

prob is the CLS wlk was started with out so its a mixture and

would be a lot of work to make every paragrah/picture/table.. use the same (non modified) set.

Looked at the maps and I think the border + title from the obliv capture looks better, it frames the map and make it relate to the game better.The buttons & bit of scroll and the top above the map place look messy so I'll crop them off.

I went through and added sticky notes to the pdf where corrections are still necessary. I didn't find the odt version and what matters now is the pdf anyway. It means a little more work for TallAl to finish it off, but I think we're finally done with the Walkthrough.

I'm still trying to play through it, but I keep getting bogged down on those days where nothing happens and I have to find another way to amuse myself. I just can't bring myself to sleep through a day I don't need.

By the way, this might be a good time to edit out all the junk we don't need from earlier in this thread. Feel free to delete my attachments, since all that matters is this latest one.

Let's finish with the WLK then I'll rename this thread and lock it so we can start a new one for the other docs!

I agree with all of Dilbert's remarks.

For the Lodge, the name is on the Front Panel so I can't change it anymore.

For Païka's wing name it as you like, the extension, the Goddess' wing etc.

Sex slave now has default nude male BT.

I would really like it if we change the Orange titles into something more neutral like shades of blue...

The end Credit is too modest: I'll say Walkthrough by Tallal & Dilbert based on the work of Merkur & HanPL.

Cheers.

Let's finish with the WLK then I'll rename this thread and lock it so we can start a new one for the other docs!

I agree with all of Dilbert's remarks.

For the Lodge' date=' the name is on the Front Panel so I can't change it anymore.

For Païka's wing name it as you like, the extension, the Goddess' wing etc.

Sex slave now has default nude male BT.

I would really like it if we change the Orange titles into something more neutral like shades of blue...

The end Credit is too modest: I'll say Walkthrough by Tallal & Dilbert based on the work of Merkur & HanPL.

Cheers.[/color']

Regarding Paika, all I meant was the spelling using the i with the two dots or sticking with a regular i. Right now we use both, which is the worst option. My vote is to use the i with the double dots, which will require a global replacement. Paika's wing is fine as a name.

The idea with P & P I should have come up with that idea a long time ago. That is actually the joke hiding in the name. Though it is the crude form, W & P is better in that for a second you might not be sure which is the pussy and which is the wench. Ideal would be some clever combination so that both names could somehow apply to both, but it doesn't matter now if it can't be changed. W & P is still good.

Blue titles are fine. The orange has always been there and I didn't question it. Personally I kind of like the novelty, but blue is more conventional and easier to read.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm fine with the credits as they are. TallAl has done the hard work.

Looks good. I'm sure I could still find a few things to improve, but I think we've hit the point where that will always be the case and is no longer a reason to hold it back.

Two minor ideas:

Since Grumpf changed the sex slave to be less "excited", the screenshot is no longer accurate. Rather than shooting another, cropping the picture from the left so that the object in question disappears off screen would work. It doesn't really matter if you can only see a little of the man, since the focus is on the two women working out their differences.

You can drop me from the credits entirely. I appreciate the acknowledgement but your thanks are enough. Placing me on the end as a reviewer almost seems to give me top billing and certainly my role was less than that of Grumpf, who is not credited here.

In other news, my play through is working out. I picked up Lidya yesterday. The first group of hedge wizard bandits a little north of Leyawiin proved to be easy because by chance an Imperial Guard road patrol (from OOO) was moving through the pass at the very moment Lidya and my character approached. With a little help, they were easily dispatched. The second group north of Bravil took more doing, oddly. They killed Lidya twice before I managed to land an early hit or two and throw them off balance long enough to get the upper hand. A summoned Alfiq, acquired from ElsweyrAnequina, proved most useful due to its speed and aggressiveness.

As you can see, many other mods are tolerated just fine. I'm also using an alternative start which suspends the Main Quest until the PC triggers it by dropping off the amulet in Weynon Priory. As a result, the play through is happening prior to the Oblivion crisis.

One thing struck me as a little odd. When Paika's minions show up in the hotel room in Bravil, the PC seems to know all about them and reassures Lidya that it is alright. But how?

Unless I have forgotten something, this is the PC's first encounter with them as well. It is probably too much trouble to change but it would actually be a little more believable the other way around, that Lidya reassures the PC that it is okay. Maybe Lidya has already had contact with them. Certainly the Goddess directed the PC to Lidya, so she knows who Lidya is and might have sent representatives to her before.

The dialogue and quest language is looking good. There are minor things I might have done a little differently, but they are not worth the trouble at this stage and vastly improved from my first play through months ago.

> Changed a line the Lidya quest for : It's ok Lidya, I can feel they are with the Goddess, you'll enjoy it.

Instead of "they are a gift from the Goddess".

This is because Lidya's story is linked to Sexy Maids of Chorrol. At the time of her quest, the Goddess is still weak and can't send visions. Hence the Minions have to drain the lifeforce of the player. Some others, like the priestesses, are warned by the Goddess in their dream.

It's more or less random but as the story progress the materialization of the Goddess is more intense and the player Meddle more and more into Daedra business...

> I think we've hit the point where that will always be the case and is no longer a reason to hold it back.

That says it all!

Congtratulations guys if you both agree with last version we have a winner to upload!

Cheers!

lets leave the bonner as is its small (OK not small but its in the distance and so not in you face :D)

So lets leve it as it is now, and if we do more its just as likly to break somthing

So on with the manual, you have a copy of its current state post new threed when you have looked at it and are ready to start

What I meant to say was that I didn't find anything really worth changing. Maybe a paragraph space here or there, but it is time to call it done. Your last version is it.

Grumpf, good idea for the dialogue tweak. That smooths out the ruffles with a minimal effort. The player did have the dreams and having the character engage in exposition to the player is allowed, if something to be used with care.

Archived