Walkthrough

tallal

I hope this doesn't sabotage TallAl's work too much. I picked through Grumpf's comments and sorted a few things out. We're getting closer, but it isn't quite there yet.

I think at this point the change mode might be doing almost as much harm as good. I suggest all format changes are executed outside of change mode or within and are accepted immediately by whoever does them. The odts are just too confusing with the formatting changes marked. For text changes, either use change mode or simply highlight the area in question with a yellow background. That should be easier to work with than change mode, which tends to be broken down into too many individual changes.

CLS_walkthrough_34D.7z

Perfect, thanks guys.

I'm going to clean the doc from everything. I will just leave remarks if absolutely necessary.

Cheers!

PS: While waiting, if you want to start thinking about some things you want in the manual we can start to collect thoughts again.

First we'll need to check the installation instructions again as with any luck file formats won't change. But more later...

Argghh 2nd time google has "this is a ... site " and broken my post...

Changes merged.

see http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Black_Soul_Gem

for actual behavoir of empty/not GS gems.

one note changed to a hint, the other notes are a bit more important than hints so think they should remain

Will look at DF cave pic and Contents page but this won;t be changing the doc till post 12GMT tommrow so will look in and see if either of you have done any changes then before making the actual changes

file has a small improve for on pic,drop in pics dir (better not perfect),

CLS_walkthrough_36T.7z

Voila.

I added the 3 different colors precision in Kristina's last speech so the player has to actually insist to learn that.

Removed all remarks and did a bit of formating.

The only I couldn't do is reformat the table of contents and that's not even that important so unless you can do it easily that's good enough to me...

I added a map for dark fissure, it's non standard so it could be good if it was looking like all the others, but again, no biggie.

So left are: maybe some punctuation I missed, sometimes LO just format a line like a retard, so the sentence looks like they have a lot of space between words.

I think a simple carriage return fixes it but I didn't dare making too many as you porbably use letter and I use A4.

Voila, so I think v38 should probably be good enough to stop!

Thqnks guysm it's a nice document!

OK I'll check through

I wanted to move the DF location pic to before the DF cave map as it

scaned a bit odd with the map where your comment indicated.

I'll have a try of contets page formats this morning,

map ? non-standard its "taller" than the other maps but its a sceern cap

mozaic so other than is shows all of DF its the same, or am I missing somthing

OK that make sence now

Here is a re-format pic of the contents in a "common" style.

does it match your idea. This does work OK with PDF as all the contents itmes are links

Been a useful task as found some sections of text with "wrong" styles.

Nipping out for shopping now be back at lunch time (GMT).

post-83104-13597881625245_thumb.jpg

OK

think you have the latest copy of the inst manual, no changes since it was last posted.

e-book, we can do it there is a o-source prog "calibre" that will convert to epub format. donl't know that its worh it as according to wiki appart from the kindle-1 all the viewers suport pdf format.

And conver to e-pub its 45M (yes 45) while the pdf is only 7!

using the Edit-Link "break" on a copy of the cls wlk odt I embeded the pic's in doc convertion the epub and mobi formats then gives files sizes of 27M and 7.8M so mobi is ~ same as pdf epub is big...

If pdf renders OK on your reder (I don;t have one) then we should stick to it as the wiki site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_e-book_readers indicates only two readers that don;t do pdf (and one of them is the old kindle 1.0).

I had a quick look at the pdf. We're very close, but there are still a few things which I'm not completely happy with. Towards the beginning there are a number of pages with a big picture and very little text on them. In most of those cases formatting the picture to be a little smaller would allow it to be more compact and just as easy to read. I know we don't have to kill trees in this case, but still there is no good reason to waste space. Which is not to say that everything has to be crammed together, only that almost empty pages don't look good.

The table with the likes and dislikes of the cows has a double line in it while all the rest are single lines. This should be fixed, unless it is intentional, in which case it should be explained.

If time allows, I'll go through it one more time. I can probably get to it tomorrow, Monday at the latest. I'll focus on the language and this time around only make changes required for reasons of language. In terms of content I think we're there. TallAl, if you agree about the wasted space and can do something about it, you can work on that while I'm going through it one last time.

I'll give it another pass to get the pagenation better

Update:

Fixed the table double wide lines and center the text in it better.

Found a couple of pic that had align to top margin and so reduce some of the half page + blanks

two or three I think. I post pdf tommorow morning, to give grumpf a final chance at comments. I think that will have to be it...

CLS_walkthrough_39T.7z

OK put the latest pdf's on

http://www.adrive.com/public/AY8KHk/CLS Documents for Gold Manual.7z

The has the install as well, check that with your copy of the odt as can't remember if last sync put us in step for the install pic's etc the main dif's are the file install names.

WLK diff from last is a few more top of page tidy's and a bad kerned paragraph

CLS_walkthrough_40T.7z

Archived