Walkthrough

tallal

Grumpf

Thought we should have a threed for the WLK & Istall doc's as we are close to Beta.

Question I looked into the intalls and for ver 9 the files were put up on the Nexus as exe's for 10 and 11 they have been 7z and zips

what is the plan for the beta (12 I expect) as keeping

the doc in sync will be a lot of work if the binary format (file extension) changes on each update.

Todo's, Install

1' Changes to Intall file unpack for new (up comming) file set

2' Add section to explane patch's

Todo's WLK tru

1' Warning for "Bottom" in Hunt quest (Done)

Hi Tallal,

We can safely assume I'll pack files as .zip (7z will not compress .bsa better so it doesn't worth it).

Unless something special changes, I'll keep the packs as they appear now on ADrive.

One for Movie(s) & Music/Sound

One for Meshes & Lod (& Tree)

One for Textures

One for Runtime

One for the Esp & Manual/Readme

They all will be packed as to be unzipped immediately in the Oblivion folder.

Let's call them

CLS1.Zip

CLS2.Zip

CLS3.Zip

CLSRuntime.Zip

CLSCoreXX.Zip where XX is the version.

So installing should be unpacking CLS1,2 & 3 in the Oblivion Folder. Optionally unpacking CLSRuntime.Zip in the same folder.

Then unpack CLSCoreXX in the same folder.

We can also add instructions for uninstalling CLS or I can simply create a .bat file...

For the moment' date=' no added quests and I won't. The "Paradise" section is not done yet but that can go at the very end of the Manual so no worries.

I'm using Dilbert's corrections in the mod and basically waiting for Beta reports but we're done...

Cheers!

[/quote']

OK should done for the Xmas rush then :), I;ve tried the coc to ultimate engine test and can get to 11 anim's running at same time semingly with out CTD, go to 12 and it CTD almost imediatly.

I'll remove the version of OBSE, let's just say 20 or superior as who knows when this will be read.

We can also skip 7zip, winzip is now part of every OS and I don't intend to use anything else as BSAs can't be compressed anyway...

If we can, I will also remove "all three parts", Let's say all the files as I may have the need to create a CLS4.zip later.

Same thing with the Nexus, we would assume the player knows where to find the files and I'm not sure I'll host CLS Gold on the Nexus considering their attitude toward the Lab.

Point4: We need to make that even clearer, CLS Gold is NOT compatible in any shape or form with "The complete story". Be firm about it! ;)

HGEC Body Seam Reducer http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/19738 by Luchaire

Is now part of CLS, you can delete the reference.

"The Nexus

forums and the CLS comments section on the Nexus may help (CLS currently has

over 5000 comments so it can take some reading to find out about a particular

issue you are looking for, and a solution, but it is worth the attempt)."

-> using the "forum" version of the Nexus as opposed to the Oblivion Nexus page will allow you to search the topic, that may help.

Point 6 about HDR: I never found a solution, we need to advise player to use HDR at all cost. If not, lines will appear so we need to advise the player to save, exit and reload the game to reset Bloom settings.

"s (every one tries but software is written buy humans..." you meant by ;)

UnInstalling CLS

I'll create .bat file that will be in Oblivion directory. I will call it CLSUninstall.bat. Simply run it.

I stopped my reading just before the "hints" section so we can review this later.

Thanks for all your hard work Tallal, a good document like that will make all the difference!!!

He we go.

Made the assumption that all zip files will be ref'd from

./oblivion

Also the std win unzip seems default to extract to the files

name as a folder, not ideal if we want to unpack mupltiple files to

a common dir so put hopfuly enough of a instruct in the doc

to cover that.

For the WLK,

Here's part of one of my mail to Dilbert:

VToy3SQ7Aliyah6

Well, I'm not going anywhere but be quick as I fear for my life.

Well, I'm not going anywhere but be quick about it. I'm afraid.

[it is enough to say she is afraid, as sounds too carefully considered to express real fear]

--> I changed it but just for the sake of it: She's afraid because of the vampire. This also answers another question of yours. At the end of the hall, you'll find a switch that will lead to a hidden hallway and the sidequest about the vampire. She's referring to it a lot in her story, also "Lucy" is an Easter egg reference. Did you noticed it or is it too obscure?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Pale_Lady

This is the way to enter the prison without having to pick the door in front of the guard. We'll need that in the walkthtough by the way. Let me tell Tallal!

Thats OK just changed jobs, so I can walk to work now that saves an hour and a half a day and 100euro+ a month in petrol, not to mention not needing gym fees :D.

Here is the WLK thru with the skingrad path added. A little more light reading for you.

Hmmm., I think the Walkthr is to bigg to post on the fourm ?

its 6.4Meg

Thats OK just changed jobs' date=' so I can walk to work now that saves an hour and a half a day and 100euro+ a month in petrol, not to mention not needing gym fees :D.

Here is the WLK thru with the skingrad path added. A little more light reading for you.

Hmmm., I think the Walkthr is to bigg to post on the fourm ?

its 6.4Meg

[/quote']

Shouldn't be. Try to 7zip it ultra.

All right, I never realized that the original walkthrough needs a lot of rewriting!

I tried to annotate a bit in the .pdf but that's not very efficient as I may as well correct it myself.

What I suggest is that you give me an editable document, I'll correct the walkthrough then pass it to Dilbert for grammar/phrasing check.

Then back to you and then we can publish it.

Here's where I went so far:

I can also give you the codes for the Adrive account where CLS is hosted so you can centralized things there. I imagine there's an easy way to share files between Adrive accounts but I don't know how...

http://www.adrive.com/public/PQuCau/CLS_walkthrough_21G.pdf

The whole shebang is at (done most of your posted changes in the pdf)

http://www.adrive.com/public/h8KA57/CLS Documents for Gold Manual.7z

The has the wlk & install in odt and pdf + the pic sub dir (being 20+Mb thought it would be rude to dump it in ano dir)

when we are in sync we should be able just to exchange and odt's and new /changed jpgs which whould be less than a meg each time :sleepy:

The txt file in the dir give a sequence to insert new pics (updates to the walk can be done by chaning the file in the pic's dir and as all pics in the WLK are links..) the Install has the pic's hard in it so you have to delete and re-insert (prob should change to links if we so anything to it). Please follow the txt to insert new pic;s as it may look ok in odt and usallay in pdf but export to html gets really borked otherwise.

Got it.

Let me just look at the wlk coherence as some quests in CLS the complete story are changed in Gold edition.

That and some other things.

We will then worry about the page setup and layout.

I saw Dilbert lurking around the lab earlier today so we're on the good tracks :)

Archived