OSA and OSEX: Issue With Heavy Lag.

Grim Grey

Cordial greetings to you all.

Firstly, I will start by saying that I have little to no knowledge when it comes to modding, but I've managed pretty well so far.

I have the newest version of FNIS XXL pack, using nearly 10,000 animations for Sexlab, and I couldn't be happier with Sexlab, to be honest, but I wanted to try OSEX along with it. The game runs very smoothly with little lag at all, but whenever I hit the default enter key on my numpad to bring up the OSA menu, it begins to lag the entire game to unplayable levels.

I looked around for solutions, but I came up empty. Does anyone have an idea of what could fix it? I would very much appreciate any bit of feedback, thank you.

Also, this is my first time posting on the forums here, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the wrong place to post this, or if I left out crucal information, my apologies.

welp, there's the easy way and then there's the right way.

The easy way is changing up papyrus for the parts of it that 0Sex still uses, and seeing if that works and it's just a mod interaction or load order conflict.

The right way is load up MO or MO2 and create a profile with your current set up and then separate profile with 0Sex and then a third profile with both. However it seems to me the issue may simply be how many animations you have OR you've missed a 0S update patch somewhere in the minefield of posts that the topic has become.

At 10K you're awful close to the limit on anims, while I don't have 0S currently installed I'm p sure it has more than 1.3K.

Good grief, it seems that I'm even more ignorant than I thought. I have never used Papyrus before, as silly as that may seem, but I'll look into it.

I did some hunting, and I don't believe that I missed a patch. I've also tried disabling my other animations to see if having that many was causing an issue, but the problem persists.

Another thing being that I always used Nexus Mod Manager until it turned into Vortex, now I'm using that. I always wondered if Mod Organizer would be better, I thought I heard it was so, anyway. I just never bothered to switch to it, probably out of laziness. Is that a problem, too? Would you recommend switching to Mod Organizer, and if so, MO or MO2?

Thank you for the response. I didn't expect one so quickly! 

As for MO versus NMM, I'm not going to evangelize, simply out NMM has had many many issues, and other than some permission and redirection issues MO has not, and I haven't used Vortex but once which was a trainwreck when it was first launched.

I use MO now and may at some point migrate to MO2 in the future.

At this point your checklist should be:

OSA is at 2.2

Osex is at 2.2

mfg console/storage util is fully updated per the last sexlab update. (google if if you need to)

whatever anims you have are as updated as recent as you're aware of.

you have FNIS properly updated installed, and since you're almost at the limit now, it's FNIS XXL.

14K is pretty much the hard limit on anims, your game is virtually guaranteed to crash over 12K at some point, so you need to think about what you're gonna keep and what you're going to lose.

If you're on win10, I would also suggest moving your steam install to somewhere other than program files x86 due security and permission issues, the farther away your game install is from window's SUPER EXTRA HELPFUL POLICIES bullshit, the more stable it'll be.

Once you've decided on what mod manager you're gonna use, install what you had before and make sure it still works stably before throwing OSex in there. If everything is still the way it was, make a second profile and make sure your 0sex install is also stable and work correctly (undressing scaling, animation length and timing, assigned genders blahblahblah)

make a copy of your original profile, rename it something else and then add a 0sex install to it,  put Sexlab BELOW 0sex in load order (mfgconsole), wait for the mcm to update and go from there.

I remember a similar problem years ago, when i install sexlab + osex but i not sure about the solution...  a long time ago... sorry...

The problem, as i remember, is a collision in one of the dll's used by the two mod's. This is the DLL's for OSA.

Spoiler

? ConsolePlugin.dll (182 kb)

? CPConvert.dll (130 kb)

? CPConvert.ini (0 kb)

? MfgConsole.dll (209 kb)

? MfgConsole.ini (0 kb)

? OSA.dll (113 kb)

? StorageUtil.dll (956 kb)

I think the problem is in the last DLL called StorageUtil that come from PapyrusUtil, a mod used by SexLab and OSA for store data. If the version of the dll is not correct you get that problem.

You can try upgrade PapyrusUtil to the last version and look if the problem is solved.

If persist, try re-install OSA and let your manager overwrite the dll from sexlab. That can solve the problem in OSA but can give problems with sexlab.

12 hours ago, GenioMaestro said:

I remember a similar problem years ago, when i install sexlab + osex but i not sure about the solution...  a long time ago... sorry...

The problem, as i remember, is a collision in one of the dll's used by the two mod's. This is the DLL's for OSA.

Reveal hidden contents

? ConsolePlugin.dll (182 kb)

? CPConvert.dll (130 kb)

? CPConvert.ini (0 kb)

? MfgConsole.dll (209 kb)

? MfgConsole.ini (0 kb)

? OSA.dll (113 kb)

? StorageUtil.dll (956 kb)

I think the problem is in the last DLL called StorageUtil that come from PapyrusUtil, a mod used by SexLab and OSA for store data. If the version of the dll is not correct you get that problem.

You can try upgrade PapyrusUtil to the last version and look if the problem is solved.

If persist, try re-install OSA and let your manager overwrite the dll from sexlab. That can solve the problem in OSA but can give problems with sexlab.

This is most likely what the issue was. At this point, however, I've just decided to uninstall Skyrim and all my mods so I can restart the right way. I've decided to take advice from 27X above and swap my mod manager and install path. Thank you for the input, regardless. I appreciate it!

13 hours ago, 27X said:

As for MO versus NMM, I'm not going to evangelize, simply out NMM has had many many issues, and other than some permission and redirection issues MO has not, and I haven't used Vortex but once which was a trainwreck when it was first launched.

I use MO now and may at some point migrate to MO2 in the future.

At this point your checklist should be:

OSA is at 2.2

Osex is at 2.2

mfg console/storage util is fully updated per the last sexlab update. (google if if you need to)

whatever anims you have are as updated as recent as you're aware of.

you have FNIS properly updated installed, and since you're almost at the limit now, it's FNIS XXL.

14K is pretty much the hard limit on anims, your game is virtually guaranteed to crash over 12K at some point, so you need to think about what you're gonna keep and what you're going to lose.

If you're on win10, I would also suggest moving your steam install to somewhere other than program files x86 due security and permission issues, the farther away your game install is from window's SUPER EXTRA HELPFUL POLICIES bullshit, the more stable it'll be.

Once you've decided on what mod manager you're gonna use, install what you had before and make sure it still works stably before throwing OSex in there. If everything is still the way it was, make a second profile and make sure your 0sex install is also stable and work correctly (undressing scaling, animation length and timing, assigned genders blahblahblah)

make a copy of your original profile, rename it something else and then add a 0sex install to it,  put Sexlab BELOW 0sex in load order (mfgconsole), wait for the mcm to update and go from there.

I've decided to uninstall Skyrim and my mods. This way I can move my steam install elsewhere (thank you for telling me about that, I had no idea) and swap to MO. Everything seems to be in order with MO, but it doesn't work at all like the other ones, probably in a good way.

From here, I'll continue as I see fit, but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up making my way back here when something inevitably confuses me.

I thank you in advance for your detailed advice. 

Archived