Game freezes as soon as I press a button to access main menu

Hello as title says i'm having this issue since several days now, it only used to happen if I alt+f4 the game but after a pc restart it always went away. Nowdays tough i'm unable to access the initial screen menu no matter what and the only workaround I found is to qasmoke and load a game from there but it's really inconvenient :( 

If anyone has any solution for this I will gladly try, thanks in advance for help !

8 minutes ago, Thehunteroftruth said:

Hello as title says i'm having this issue since several days now, it only used to happen if I alt+f4 the game but after a pc restart it always went away. Nowdays tough i'm unable to access the initial screen menu no matter what and the only workaround I found is to qasmoke and load a game from there but it's really inconvenient :( 

If anyone has any solution for this I will gladly try, thanks in advance for help !

Well, the most obvious question is why are you pressing Alt F4 so much?

?

Just now, Thehunteroftruth said:

cause the save when exitting was bothering me a lot

You can turn that off in your settings. You gotta scroll to the near bottom, but it's there.

?

How much RAM ya got? What video card? These things can make a difference in performance.

?

1 minute ago, VonHelton said:

You can turn that off in your settings. You gotta scroll to the near bottom, but it's there.

?

How much RAM ya got? What video card? These things can make a difference in performance.

?

i wasn't aware of that, mind if I ask you where is that located exactly? I'm pretty sure i looked trough all the in game menu

8gb of ddr4 ram with a 1060 6g

14 minutes ago, Thehunteroftruth said:

both options create a save file

Not supposed to........Only the T key is supposed to create an exit save. The other simply takes you back to the main menu & you exit normally.

You don't, by chance, have a pirated copy, do you? If so, that's yer problem.

?

Hmm... freeze, not crash to desktop?

Just in case - try blocking Fallout4.exe in your firewall, see if it fixes that.

Because i'm having a guaranteed CTD when i press the "any key" in the main menu, this is the exact moment when the game dials up on Bethesda.net. Simply blocking the internet access fixes this CTD for me at least.

This issue and solution have been reported across the web ages ago, and i'm having this problem for around a year already.

On 12/31/2018 at 1:48 PM, VonHelton said:

Not supposed to........Only the T key is supposed to create an exit save. The other simply takes you back to the main menu & you exit normally.

You don't, by chance, have a pirated copy, do you? If so, that's yer problem.

?

That's strange cause i tryed it dozens of times and I my fo4 is basically unmodded and no, I own a legit steam version, here's proof

On 12/31/2018 at 3:37 PM, guk said:

Hmm... freeze, not crash to desktop?

Just in case - try blocking Fallout4.exe in your firewall, see if it fixes that.

Because i'm having a guaranteed CTD when i press the "any key" in the main menu, this is the exact moment when the game dials up on Bethesda.net. Simply blocking the internet access fixes this CTD for me at least.

This issue and solution have been reported across the web ages ago, and i'm having this problem for around a year already.

Yea it's a freeze unfortunately, i have to open up task manager every time that happens cause the game is stuck.

Do you think blocking it from firewall would help? I'm already launching it from steam offline mode, always did that, so in theory the game shouldn't have accessed internet like ever

On 12/31/2018 at 4:08 PM, Tron91 said:

When you want to quit: Press ` then type qqq and enter.

wouldn't that have the same effects as closing the game with alt+f4, so not a safe ish way of closing the game?

3 hours ago, Thehunteroftruth said:

Do you think blocking it from firewall would help? I'm already launching it from steam offline mode, always did that, so in theory the game shouldn't have accessed internet like ever

IIRC the Steam Offline mode doesn't stop the games from connecting to the web.

21 hours ago, guk said:

IIRC the Steam Offline mode doesn't stop the games from connecting to the web.

oh i tough it did, at least in most online games you no option to join a match

20 hours ago, ANGRYWOLVERINE said:

There are youtube videos where some people claim either playing the game offlineand blocking their internet while playing or blocking the game connecting by using the firewall allows their game to play. 

You can google it and see if that helps you.It never helped me.

For some reason after cutting off the connection yesterday, it's not working again for no reason without further actions

12 hours ago, Tron91 said:

Not the same.

welp misleading feature

Archived