[ENB Question] Lanterns/Campfire/Candles

Ghost5

Anyone know how to make Lanterns/Campire/Candles emit a better glow, trying to make my nights to be brighter via only light sources.
I uploaded a reference. (Not My Pic)
What would control the lighting source emitted from those torches/Lanterns/Candles in the ENB ini?

Spoiler

reference.jpg.f4377b271e3bbf4a4d2a81e90b87f13f.jpg

Ambient lighting is the setting for 'general light'.  I found these two pdf guides very helpful for all things ENB settings.

http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?page=guide_to_enb_series_1_jawz

The other option is to use an ENB which isn't so dark. I use Kwanon (with Realistic Lighting) precisely because it doesn't need any tweaking for day/night or interior/exterior.

02:00am

1002712218_enb2018_12_2619_04_15_44.thumb.jpg.dd1125abd5c60839d96216ed358f0393.jpg

All direct light source intensities are under "Point Lighting" in enbseries.ini.

Point lighting has very low coverage area and will not make night brighter in areas where such lights are far away (as should be the case).

Unfortunately starlight is a very prominent source of light and no ENB counts for this. On a clear and moonless night you could pretty much see for 500 meters without an issue once your eyes adjusted. There is quite a bit of fascination and FUD about super-dark nights, which don;t actually exist.

Neither do dragons, but then...

4 minutes ago, Pauduan said:

There is quite a bit of fascination and FUD about super-dark nights, which don;t actually exist.

Agreed. In my image above, the two moons are up. There is a period between sundown and moon(s) up when things are darker but not stupidly so. The way I look at it is this: why spend good money on a crackerjack video card and monitor and then spend your time squinting into inky blackness?

4 hours ago, GenioMaestro said:

ENB can add brightness to the point of light and can change the general light and make the night brighter or darker, but to have more points of light, you must install a lighting mod like ELFX, RLO, ELE...

I do not use ENB. I made this screenshot with Imaginator + ELFX + URLW:

Hide contents

1933854311_TESV2018-08-2710-06-05-79.jpg.a70d6c9767229f2e380e0ed39298c632.jpg

I do have EFLX, I pretty much just want to emit the glow effect from campirefires and sources so it lits up my character.

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Ambient lighting is the setting for 'general light'.  I found these two pdf guides very helpful for all things ENB settings.

http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?page=guide_to_enb_series_1_jawz

The other option is to use an ENB which isn't so dark. I use Kwanon (with Realistic Lighting) precisely because it doesn't need any tweaking for day/night or interior/exterior.

Hide contents

02:00am

1002712218_enb2018_12_2619_04_15_44.thumb.jpg.dd1125abd5c60839d96216ed358f0393.jpg

Hide contents

Pretty nice guide, I'll look at it while ingame to check out the references of what each value does ingame. :)

2 hours ago, Pauduan said:

All direct light source intensities are under "Point Lighting" in enbseries.ini.

Point lighting has very low coverage area and will not make night brighter in areas where such lights are far away (as should be the case).

Unfortunately starlight is a very prominent source of light and no ENB counts for this. On a clear and moonless night you could pretty much see for 500 meters without an issue once your eyes adjusted. There is quite a bit of fascination and FUD about super-dark nights, which don;t actually exist.

Neither do dragons, but then...

Thats located in environment settings right?

20 hours ago, Cooler55 said:

I do have EFLX, I pretty much just want to emit the glow effect from campirefires and sources so it lits up my character.

Pretty nice guide, I'll look at it while ingame to check out the references of what each value does ingame. :)

Thats located in environment settings right?

Yup, all lighting is part of this group.

Your screenshot looks like it uses/needs a lighting overhaul. No way vanilla lights will be that soft. 

Archived