[SEARCH] [SLAL] Komotor's Animations

• 4 months later...

this discord server is dead...

My site is working fine and if you find it slow, you can give me money for a faster server if you want..

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 11:11 PM, komotor said:

My site is working fine and if you find it slow, you can give me money for a faster server if you want..

If you want money so bad, find a job

All links with KonAnim Pack is gone and what does your site show?

LMAO

download.png

On 5/15/2019 at 8:47 AM, Whizkid said:

lmao that is his job, patreon is making heaps of money for a lot of content providers...

why, this is not a job, you know, it's like a hobby but that person are messing with it, it's kinda dangerous.

Bethesda is looking for you komotor XD show them your PAID works then

I only wanted to find his anim pack to correctly delete it from the mod pack

and I really shocked from what I saw LMAO

31 minutes ago, Timbra said:

why, this is not a job, you know, it's like a hobby but that person are messing with it, it's kinda dangerous.

Bethesda is looking for you komotor XD show them your PAID works then

I only wanted to find his anim pack to correctly delete it from the mod pack

and I really shocked from what I saw LMAO

wtf dude get a life, its his time obviously we should learn to respect that what with hobby rubbish, really u are so goddamn entitled and self centered that u cant look beyond yourself!!!!

if u want to make use of his time then FFS pay for it, put yourself in his shoes and stop asking for free lunches because there isnt any if u learn your parents alone and stop spending their money!!!

18 hours ago, Whizkid said:

wtf dude get a life, its his time obviously we should learn to respect that what with hobby rubbish, really u are so goddamn entitled and self centered that u cant look beyond yourself!!!!

if u want to make use of his time then FFS pay for it, put yourself in his shoes and stop asking for free lunches because there isnt any if u learn your parents alone and stop spending their money!!!

I'm sorry if my words did hurt to anyone, including this modder, I'd like to pay for good creations, like if I have a choice to buy something or download it for free, I'd choose first with many thanks to creators, but this man has created only weird futa animations which I really don't want to use and gonna be download to correctly delete it from my game, but this autor who's making anims for community decided to make some money and he thought the people allready like it and he can make them buy more by closing all free download pages like nexus and LL and make only one crowdfunding place to sell it (I have 599 patrons btw), absolutely all links where to download ConAnimObjects are deleted by the author and it's really stupid, he did it against those who make crowdfunding work: against his people who will show this pack and come to his page for updates. This how crowdfunding works, without forcing anybody to SUPPORT him.

This guy is just wants money without doing really good creation, so this was my adwice, if he really wants money, let's find the job as an 3D animator

2 hours ago, Timbra said:

I'm sorry if my words did hurt to anyone, including this modder, I'd like to pay for good creations, like if I have a choice to buy something or download it for free, I'd choose first with many thanks to creators, but this man has created only weird futa animations which I really don't want to use and gonna be download to correctly delete it from my game, but this autor who's making anims for community decided to make some money and he thought the people allready like it and he can make them buy more by closing all free download pages like nexus and LL and make only one crowdfunding place to sell it (I have 599 patrons btw), absolutely all links where to download ConAnimObjects are deleted by the author and it's really stupid, he did it against those who make crowdfunding work: against his people who will show this pack and come to his page for updates. This how crowdfunding works, without forcing anybody to SUPPORT him.

This guy is just wants money without doing really good creation, so this was my adwice, if he really wants money, let's find the job as an 3D animator

its easy to get rid of his mods anything that has the keywords KOM as part of his his animations name is his work, sort of like a signature thingy, well just delete them ...

3 hours ago, Timbra said:

I think you need to look up the definition of work. Time spent doing anything for money is considered work whether it be a hobby or not. If he want's to lock down his work behind a pay wall to justify his time spent on his hobby, so be it as long as everything in there is 100% their work. Whether his mods are good or bad will reflect the amount of Patreons he has, doesn't mean it has to be free because their work doesn't meet someone's standards.

Who know, it can lead to anyone doing their job/hobby full time and can later have a product that will justify a purchase/subscription to most people. It's also a shame that he removed his mod pages though, as it was a good source of advertisement.

If all modders were to take your advice and get a real job, even if that job is something similar to their hobby, What do you think the chances are they will continue that hobby? It will likely impact time spent, direct their efforts towards something else related to their hobby, or they would just stop.

IMO, it is annoying and I think mods should be free depending on the scale as well, but that's just what it is, my opinion. We need to face reality that some peoples time is valuable to them and money doesn't grow on trees. However, I also think his work is justified to be behind a pay wall unlike some other Skyrim modders, especially those that steal stuff.

4 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

It's also a shame that he removed his mod pages though, as it was a good source of advertisement.

Pretty sure he would rather have left those up to get more $$$, but LL only allows advertising Patreon projects that have public/free versions available, without paywalls. Having patreons get new updates a month before they go public is fine, for example, but paywalling everything and requiring payment to get any content at all period is not. And since Kom went full-on paywall, he is no longer allowed to advertise on LL.

Which is fine by me, as he doesn't get to leech off LL's bandwidth for profit. :classic_dodgy:

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Pretty sure he would rather have left those up to get more $$$, but LL only allows advertising Patreon projects that have public/free versions available, without paywalls. Having patreons get new updates a month before they go public is fine, for example, but paywalling everything and requiring payment to get any content at all period is not. And since Kom went full-on paywall, he is no longer allowed to advertise on LL.

Which is fine by me, as he doesn't get to leech off LL's bandwidth for profit. :classic_dodgy:

Unlike before when the public version was continuously getting updated, wouldn't a one time cut down version like a demo that was still fully functional and satisfactory as a mod have sufficed? Then just advertise what people are missing out on. If it is satisfactory and doesn't need to be continuously updated, it's a win-win. Even something like half of his last public version (might be older) was a ton of content with over 200 animation files. (although I never took the time to play Skyrim since I downloaded it)

30 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

Unlike before when the public version was continuously getting updated, wouldn't a one time cut down version like a demo that was still fully functional and satisfactory as a mod have sufficed? Then just advertise what people are missing out on. If it is satisfactory and doesn't need to be continuously updated, it's a win-win. Even something like half of his last public version (might be older) was a ton of content with over 200 animation files. (although I never took the time to play Skyrim since I downloaded it)

That question should be answered by a moderator like CPU, as they are the ones in charge of enforcing the rules and all that, but AFAIK if it's not blatantly downgraded/outdated with respect to the paywalled version, it can be allowed. Probably to prevent people from releasing a capped several-years-old "proof of concept" file that is ages behind the actual paid content in order to circumvent the rule and be able to advertise here. There's a difference between doing that and actually releasing a public build that is feature complete (ish) but is still missing some content from the full (Patreon) version to entice people to become your patreons, which is what is actually allowed here.

AFAIK Kom didn't want to have anything available for free anymore, or if he did, he was only willing to leave a very old and outdated public file up and never update it, and seems like that's a no-go. Plus, dude did nothing but complain how shitty working with Skyrim was and how much he hated it and how much he'd rather work on SFM or Blender or whatever (because apparently it's also more profitable), so chances are in this case losing the Skyrim side of his "business" would be a net positive for him anyway.

On 5/19/2019 at 5:35 AM, Blaze69 said:

That question should be answered by a moderator like CPU, as they are the ones in charge of enforcing the rules and all that, but AFAIK if it's not blatantly downgraded/outdated with respect to the paywalled version, it can be allowed. Probably to prevent people from releasing a capped several-years-old "proof of concept" file that is ages behind the actual paid content in order to circumvent the rule and be able to advertise here. There's a difference between doing that and actually releasing a public build that is feature complete (ish) but is still missing some content from the full (Patreon) version to entice people to become your patreons, which is what is actually allowed here.

AFAIK Kom didn't want to have anything available for free anymore, or if he did, he was only willing to leave a very old and outdated public file up and never update it, and seems like that's a no-go. Plus, dude did nothing but complain how shitty working with Skyrim was and how much he hated it and how much he'd rather work on SFM or Blender or whatever (because apparently it's also more profitable), so chances are in this case losing the Skyrim side of his "business" would be a net positive for him anyway.

That's pretty interesting, the only reason I ever talked mad shit about him when i could was because I remember when he used to leave his comment section open on his animations download page

what really got me all hot and bothered was that he started looking down on people because they weren't paying him the amount he thought he deserved; often his mod page would get 'updated' with announcements about how all the work he puts in deserves more money and that because he wasn't getting the money he thought he should get, which is unusual because as alot of people would try to tell him, not having a comment section kinda sucks for getting feedback

6 hours ago, 09890989 said:

That's pretty interesting, the only reason I ever talked mad shit about him when i could was because I remember when he used to leave his comment section open on his animations download page

what really got me all hot and bothered was that he started looking down on people because they weren't paying him the amount he thought he deserved; often his mod page would get 'updated' with announcements about how all the work he puts in deserves more money and that because he wasn't getting the money he thought he should get, which is unusual because as alot of people would try to tell him, not having a comment section kinda sucks for getting feedback

I mean, that's totally what happened, and the same reason I talked mad shit as well. Paywalling stuff is bad already, but I could simply ignore the mod and carry on with my life just like I do with most other paywalled mods; it's only when you are a greedy entitled douche about it on top of it when people start to get angry and tag you as "that paywall dude" (like in my case, and seems like yours as well).

Chances are that's also why he decided there wouldn't be any more free releases.

"Those damned people that don't want to lick my ass clean and throw thousands of $$$ at me freeloaders won't get any more stuff unless they pay up!" - Kom, probably.

Dude seemed to get unhinged by the second at the end, though, so as I said, if he has really quit working on Skyrim and moved on to more profitable ventures, that can only be good for his mental health (or so I assume, at least).

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

I mean, that's totally what happened, and the same reason I talked mad shit as well. Paywalling stuff is bad already, but I could simply ignore the mod and carry on with my life just like I do with most other paywalled mods; it's only when you are a greedy entitled douche about it on top of it when people start to get angry and tag you as "that paywall dude" (like in my case, and seems like yours as well).

Chances are that's also why he decided there wouldn't be any more free releases.

"Those damned people that don't want to lick my ass clean and throw thousands of $$$ at me freeloaders won't get any more stuff unless they pay up!" - Kom, probably.

Dude seemed to get unhinged by the second at the end, though, so as I said, if he has really quit working on Skyrim and moved on to more profitable ventures, that can only be good for his mental health (or so I assume, at least).

almost gives me apollodowns vibes

Wow, I come back to check if there's a public build update and ALL public builds are gone, even the old ones. I get that Kom wants to make money off something he's clearly very good at, but this is just punishing everyone for the behaviour of a few idiots. You can't stop privacy, but you can drive away your fans.

On 5/25/2019 at 8:56 AM, the_w said:

Wow, I come back to check if there's a public build update and ALL public builds are gone, even the old ones. I get that Kom wants to make money off something he's clearly very good at, but this is just punishing everyone for the behaviour of a few idiots. You can't stop privacy, but you can drive away your fans.

I agree. almost every other creator out there have timed exclusive builds for their mods or art - I know of many that offer comics and their own original games a full year before it goes free to everyone else that ISN'T a patreon. And you know? That's fine. You're pledging to support an artist, and you get certain perks for it. Completely removing all public builds of your mod and putting it behind a REQUIRED pay wall? Yea no sorry, there is so many other free animation packs of similar quality on this site, there is nothing all that special about his animations and pander to such a niche fetish im surprised they're making any money at all. What's amusing is that they've promised to release free versions at 500 twitter followers...which is stupid. They have 350 or so followers, even if i were to click follow right now i would still have to wait until more people follow to get the mod, by which point i would have forgotten. If its a patreon MAKING A GAME FROM SCRATCH then you may remember it, but yet another animation pack for a game almost a decade old? Hell yea im gonna forget about that and only update the mods once every 6-12 months at most.

I get Komotor wants to be compensated for their work, but that is getting in to the whole "paid mods" controversy. I would of happily donated a dollar or two a month if i got animation packs a few months early, or a few exclusive animations to patreons not in the public build. But not having a single free version, with the only free version being promised only after 500 twitter followers? Yea, no, i've lost a lot of respect for them after this change. Mods are community addons to games, 99% of them are free, DAMANDING money for access to their mods, no matter how high quality, is just folly, especially in this space where for the same price i can buy a brand new Hgame every month with the ammount i would have to pledge.

Pledges should be optional, and those that do should get perks....But those perks shouldn't be a BASIC level of access to content. Why would people pledge to you if they dont even get to try your mod? This is how piracy is born, and to be honest? I doubt komotor would win a case in court over piracy for animations that use a system created by other modders, in a game made by a big name AAA publisher. If Komotor was making his own game? Sure, why not. Have a free demo maybe or something...but an animation pack for a game, an animation pack people cant even try to see if they want to pledge in the first place? It's honestly stupid. 

Archived