Mod Defaults; true or false

Bossima

Hello, I apologize if this question has already been asked before but I can't seem to find anything about it.

I've noticed a lot of mod options have either "default:true" or "default: false" listed beside them. 

From my understanding, if I want a mod that says "default:true" to work, does this mean that I should have it unticked in order for it to work? And vice versa if it's default is false? Thank you in advance for the help!

Spoiler
47 minutes ago, Bossima said:

Hello, I apologize if this question has already been asked before but I can't seem to find anything about it.

I've noticed a lot of mod options have either "default:true" or "default: false" listed beside them. 

From my understanding, if I want a mod that says "default:true" to work, does this mean that I should have it unticked in order for it to work? And vice versa if it's default is false? Thank you in advance for the help!

You confused Grey Cloud by not being specific enough. Unless I am grossly mistaken the OP is talking about MCM options (which he has referred to as "mod options").

The default setting is whatever the mod's author has when you load the mod and start the game and, since there is no one universally accepted system for this, I admit it becomes confusing. So, you have four possible options when you start a game and look at the MCM menu:

Default:true              and mod author has ticked box               leave this as it is if you want that particular thing/option to occur

Default:true              and mod author has NOT ticked box       Also leave this as it is if you want that particular thing/option to occur

Default:false             and mod author has ticked box               Untick the box if you want that particular thing/option to occur

Default:false             and mod author has NOT ticked box       Also untick the box if you want that particular thing/option to occur

So, in your option if the author says the default is true you DO NOT CHANGE whatever the setting is that the author has if you want blindfolds to be equipped.

There is no standardization within mods, much less between them. This is a case where you need to carefully read before you change your MCM menus. However, it is just an MCM setting. If you get it wrong just go back into the menu and change it to the other setting.

Yes I suppose that was poor phrasing on my part. I will remember to be more specific when making posts in the future. Still, thank you very much for working out what I was trying to say!

I had no idea that the "true" or "false" had any relation to the options set by the mod author. Thank you very much for all of the help! You answered all of my questions. : ) 

Archived