enb error

sunrise98

hi, i've recently started playing skyrim again.

i don't wanna make this long but i've recently bought a new computer and i was very excited to start modding on it again mainly because the system is a lot stronger than my previous etc. im fairly new to modding but i'm familiar with most of the basics (or at least i think i am?). i've been having an issue mainly with an enb. an enb i've successfuly used before but for some odd reason it doesn't want to work again. however, i don't think it's the enb itself. because the file crashing my game is d3d9.ll from enbseries (?). once i remove this file out of my skyrim root folder my game works just fine. otherwise it crashes before title screen.

would anyone know how i can fix this? i'd love to play skyrim with an enb. this enb to be exact. 

keep in mind i've used it successfuly before. i've also tried to look for a guide to set it up in case i was missing something but nothing i've come across has helped. i use nmm, just for reference.

yes i've tried deactivating/removing mods permanently incase it was clashing. i barely have any left active. but nothing has worked.

help is appreciated.

9 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

You have a new machine and i presume you have Win10.

You can make ENB work in Win10 but must follow some steps. Start here:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3089504-fix-for-skyrim-crashing-instantly-with-enb-on-windows-10/?p=56131491

Most of these steps are very confusing. I don't know what some of them even mean. Especially the steps about setting up the enblocal.ini, unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, sunrise98 said:

Thank you, I'll have a look. Would following any of these steps affect my computer? It's brand new and I don't want to play around with settings that would affect it badly. If any of it is bad, is it reversible? 

Not worry.. Any computer is only a bunch of pieces and you can not break it installing programs or changing configurations. That only can make the machine execute better or worse the programs, but can not break it.

7 minutes ago, sunrise98 said:

Most of these steps are very confusing. I don't know what some of them even mean. Especially the steps about setting up the enblocal.ini, unfortunately.

You must eliminate fear and learn to use the programs inside your computer.

It is really difficult to put the machine in an unusable state. Those things can only be done by viruses and malware. If you have an antivirus program you should not worry about it. Your antivirus blocks 99% of bad programs.

Simply try to follow the instructions, download the programs in the link and install it. I repeat, do not worry and take away the fear. These programs come from guarantee sites. Do everything you can and ask again if you need it.

The file enblocal.ini is in the main folder of the game, where you have installed it, the one containing tesv.exe

2 minutes ago, sunrise98 said:

Do all Win 10 computers need to get through these steps? I figured the more updated the better, but I guess I was wrong. Unless there are other fixes.

The problem appears because you want to play a game of 7 years with some free tools.

A multinational company like Bethesda can create a program that works on any machine and you pay for it.

But the tools and modifications are free and you can not demand that they work on all machines because you pay nothing for them. Simply thank you very much to the people who did it for free and assume the problems they can give.

You must take the same steps as the others and the post pointed is from 1 year ago and it is not a new problem. It is simply a problem that Microsoft does not want to resolve and we must solve it manually.

18 minutes ago, sunrise98 said:

Do all Win 10 computers need to get through these steps? I figured the more updated the better, but I guess I was wrong. Unless there are other fixes.

You have to remember that Skyrim is 6 years old, i.e. older than W10. A lot of us still use W7 for that reason (among others).

That ENB has not been updated since 2015. It says ENB Series v0.262 - v0.266 and we are now on 0.357. Whether that has any bearing on matters I don't know. Or, conversely, does the older ENB series work with W10. Might be worth asking on the support forum for the ENB.

Make a backup of your enblocal (or any other file you will be altering). If you make a mistake just copy the original back. And remember: the man who never made a mistake, never made anything.

The other thing is, what do you mean by your game 'doesn't work'? Could you be a bit more specific?

6 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

The problem appears because you want to play a game of 7 years with some free tools.

A multinational company like Bethesda can create a program that works on any machine and you pay for it.

But the tools and modifications are free and you can not demand that they work on all machines because you pay nothing for them. Simply thank you very much to the people who did it for free and assume the problems they can give.

You must take the same steps as the others and the post pointed is from 1 year ago and it is not a new problem. It is simply a problem that Microsoft does not want to resolve and we must solve it manually.

Oh, for sure! I was really just curious. I am more surprised than anything. I'm quite thankful for all the free content we users are able to use. I want to play to the extent I desire so I will definitely look into those steps. Thanks again for the tip! I'll post the update here and hopefully get replies when needed.

On 12/19/2018 at 11:42 AM, Grey Cloud said:

The other thing is, what do you mean by your game 'doesn't work'? Could you be a bit more specific?

It's not my game that doesn't want to work, it's the ENB I mean. I'd successfully enable the mod but when I load into my game (firstly it crashes until I remove d3d9.ll out of the root folder) and secondly the ENB isn't applied in-game. It's just the vanilla Skyrim.

Then the problem is with the ENB and the solution is to seek help on the ENB's support thread. Ah, but you have chosen an old ENB so it may be that it is no longer supported.

If you don't get any joy then look to other ENBs.

Rya

RZ

Kwanon (which I use)

These three have a similar look to Unko

Archived