List of Terminated Support

Am-Pumpking

Good day people, as you are aware that race compatibility requires consent from race authors but sad to say one of my support has been removed due to request from the race author itself, so forget the permission setting on the starbound forums, all race compatibility mods now requires consent from the author regardless of what it said in the starbound forum. So sorry for those who is eager to see the race updated on the latest version.

List of Terminated Race Compatibilies:

Feel free to PM me to those race who got their support terminated, so I can add it on this list.

so forget the permission setting on the starbound forums, all race compatibility mods now requires consent from the author regardless of what it said in the starbound forum.

Okay, at the risk of getting kicked or banned here, I'm going to have to say this: I think you're heavily overreacting with this new policy change.

Let's get one thing straight from the get go: No matter what we do, we are never going to be well loved in the starbound community, ever. It's simply never going to happen, and the less attention we draw to ourselves, the better. It's part of why we're developing it here on Loverslab and not over there. Most people would rather not know about what we're doing. What they don't know doesn't hurt them and all that.

Changing it so we have to ask permission regardless of anything is only going to draw even more attention to us, and that's not something we want to happen. I say we just keep going the way we were before this guy requested it, and if they care that much that we're making a bunch of pixels that resemble their snowflake race mods bang each other, they can ask to have it removed, and no problems come about. 

Just because one mod author requested us terminate a patch (which we did) shouldn't mean we have to suddenly bother every single mod author out there for permission for a mod they'd rather not know exists.

I know that sounds harsh and inconsiderate, but I just don't see why we have to bend over backwards for a community that doesn't even bend over for itself to this degree. Plus as I've said, all it's going to do is draw more attention to ourselves, which is the last thing we want.

On 12/19/2018 at 2:51 AM, rylasasin said:

Let's get one thing straight from the get go: No matter what we do, we are never going to be well loved in the starbound community, ever. It's simply never going to happen, and the less attention we draw to ourselves, the better. It's part of why we're developing it here on Loverslab and not over there. Most people would rather not know about what we're doing. What they don't know doesn't hurt them and all that.

Well, you maybe over-reacting to this whole policy thing; we will never be accepted or respected as proper peers, yes, but doesn't mean we have to be assholes and break the rules to do as we wish. Respect is a two-way road, we must at least give if we wish to receive.

Changing it so we have to ask permission regardless of anything is only going to draw even more attention to us, and that's not something we want to happen. I say we just keep going the way we were before this guy requested it, and if they care that much that we're making a bunch of pixels that resemble their snowflake race mods bang each other, they can ask to have it removed, and no problems come about.

Its not like we already don't do that; We have to ask permission from the mod/race/species creator to allow us to make a patch, only thing that changed is to disregard the permits given on the download page. I've had permission from a series of creators already, and i've only worked on a few select species!
And we can't get much more unwanted attention than the actual article on the Starbound home on Steam, always there for everyone that owns the game. Its still there, and its still pointing over to LL.

Just because one mod author requested us terminate a patch (which we did) shouldn't mean we have to suddenly bother every single mod author out there for permission for a mod they'd rather not know exists.

I know that sounds harsh and inconsiderate, but I just don't see why we have to bend over backwards for a community that doesn't even bend over for itself to this degree. Plus as I've said, all it's going to do is draw more attention to ourselves, which is the last thing we want.

You are missing the full context, but yes, we need to ask them, and inform them, otherwise someone will always rat you out to them, eventually. It happens either way, and is unavoidable. It is not too harsh, but certainly inconsiderate, at least with people creating full proper species. Orcana, for instance, does not want to partake with Sexbound, and that's totally understandable. The species belongs to the creator, it is his/her/their work, and we oughtta at least respect that. If someone just took your homework and claimed it as their own, you wouldn't like it.

But yes, you're not wrong that the Chucklefish forums despise us abhorrently, but you're not right to say we should just say fuck it and do as we please. That'd more harm the project than benefit users. as any bothered mod creator, given the right situation, could sue LL and have its content removed, or worse.

let hope we don't get any more terminated. lets respect races of  author that don't want part in this. and ill be honest with you all i have made my own edits in private, i did not upload any of them and do to me being lazys as fuck i just use the body from sexbound it self for the race i have used it on. im so lazy i just use the code neko race and just change the value and folder name , as will just use the head.png from the race i want so it not like it hard to make a private edit. for does who want to make private edits and shows it to the world please don't you may get your self in trouble and maker of sexbound so please understand i make my edit for my self and noone else. i will not say what edits for what races i made my edits for, for reasons you  already know. and sorry if my english is a bit bad.

Archived