Looking for: Skyfem for Oblivion & adjusted monster spawn lists

Yo, so I am the current author of SkyFem.

I haven't played oblivion a lot, but AFAIK, the SkyFem script should work almost off the shelf for oblivion!

I wrote it in such a way that it should work for FO4, Skyrim, Oblivion, etc.

It needs extensive testing but if you want to help it could be done.

19 minutes ago, a11hai1kotl said:

I haven't played oblivion a lot, but AFAIK, the SkyFem script should work almost off the shelf for oblivion!

o shiet didnt expect u to be here lmao

Ive been usin xEdit to turn all the unnamed NPCs like bandits & vampires into women but havent started a new game to see its full effects (NPCs that have changed in my current game got uggo faces) but if you got something in the works I can try to help. Got all the DLCs & no overhaul mods or anything else that affects ppl other than textures & some LAPF mods

2 hours ago, Destroyah340 said:

o shiet didnt expect u to be here lmao

Ive been usin xEdit to turn all the unnamed NPCs like bandits & vampires into women but havent started a new game to see its full effects (NPCs that have changed in my current game got uggo faces) but if you got something in the works I can try to help. Got all the DLCs & no overhaul mods or anything else that affects ppl other than textures & some LAPF mods

The method to patch should be compatible with all overhaul mods and everything in between.

It might be a couple of days before I can start doing it but you are welcome to tinker with the script and upload it if you want, in the meantime.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 6:30 AM, fejeena said:

Disposition lower.

But if you set the active mode to off they should not stalk each other.  Don't know why that does not work in your game.

The lower disposition also affects the player. With too low dispostion no one would stalk you.

Thought I should let u both know: I finished changing all NPCs usin your method in xEdit but after starting a new game, the NPCs who didnt change in my original game still did not change & stayed male. No idea why as my esp loads last after any NPC mods & I followed ur instructions for changing them to female. TBH now im doubting the NPCs I thought I changed before were actually affected in my original save & not just female from the start. Guess it takes something like actual scripts like what SkyFem has to change NPC genders. Note: did not test DLC NPCs, only vanilla NPCs copied from Oblivion.esm although the esm did have NPCs from the DLCs.

On 12/10/2018 at 3:24 PM, King of the Losers said:

The method to patch should be compatible with all overhaul mods and everything in between.

It might be a couple of days before I can start doing it but you are welcome to tinker with the script and upload it if you want, in the meantime.

With that said, im not a scripter so idk how to do it myself but am def down to test anything you can come up with for Oblivion should you have something to solve dis.

When you start a new game there are no NPCs in your save. The first save is made after the character creation. There must be a Mod that reverses your changes.

If King of the Losers can make a script change that would be much better, it will check all NPC at first game start and change them to female. Like Tamago checks all NPCs and add wombs to all females. Such a mod will work with all DLC and Mod NPCs.

22 hours ago, fejeena said:

When you start a new game there are no NPCs in your save. The first save is made after the character creation. There must be a Mod that reverses your changes.

If King of the Losers can make a script change that would be much better, it will check all NPC at first game start and change them to female. Like Tamago checks all NPCs and add wombs to all females. Such a mod will work with all DLC and Mod NPCs.

You right, there's something reversing my changes to NPC genders. I changed 2 specific NPCs in Player Slave Encounters to women, I even changed their names & dialogue about them to make it more legit that they are women & the NPCs stayed male but my other changes stuck. Will Construction Set make the gender changes stick like Creation Kit does for Skyrim?

On 12/10/2018 at 12:15 PM, King of the Losers said:

Also about your script for Skyrim cuz am curious, is there a way to make it so the mod only targets certain mods & not the whole game? Havent looked at your mod's page here, only familiar with Nexus's SkyFem so idk if thats possible

24 minutes ago, Destroyah340 said:

Also about your script for Skyrim cuz am curious, is there a way to make it so the mod only targets certain mods & not the whole game? Havent looked at your mod's page here, only familiar with Nexus's SkyFem so idk if thats possible 

This is possible.

The script currently has a file parameter called SkyFem ignores.txt, which sets what files to ignore.

So technically, you could just put all other file names in this list and it will only patch what you want.

Alternatively, the script can be modified so that the file parameter reads something like SkyFem only include.txt, and this would only patch certain files.

Both would require a small amount of work and need time which unfortunately is not available freely right now for me.

I do not use Skyrim and Creation Kit.

With Oblivion CS : When you load only the Oblivion.esm and make changes you must save the changes in a new esp, you create a Patch esp.

If you have your esp with all your changed NPCs you can load the esp with CS and check if the NPCs are changed to female ( but if they are females when you chaeck it with TES4Edit they will also be females in CS )

Do you have your esp with all the changed NPCs after  Player Slave Encounters in load order? Or PSE will change the NPCs back to male.

And if you change the NPCs in the PSE esp better do it with TES4Edit. If you do it with CS you must start CS with OBSE (Better use CSE 51 and start it with OBSE ).  In PSE are OBSE scripts, so you must use CS with OBSE or you can have problems/errors when you save the esp.

2 hours ago, fejeena said:

I do not use Skyrim and Creation Kit.

With Oblivion CS : When you load only the Oblivion.esm and make changes you must save the changes in a new esp, you create a Patch esp.

If you have your esp with all your changed NPCs you can load the esp with CS and check if the NPCs are changed to female ( but if they are females when you chaeck it with TES4Edit they will also be females in CS )

Do you have your esp with all the changed NPCs after  Player Slave Encounters in load order? Or PSE will change the NPCs back to male.

And if you change the NPCs in the PSE esp better do it with TES4Edit. If you do it with CS you must start CS with OBSE (Better use CSE 51 and start it with OBSE ).  In PSE are OBSE scripts, so you must use CS with OBSE or you can have problems/errors when you save the esp.

What you said first sounds exactly like what CK does for Skyrim so dats gud.

My female esp is loaded after all mods that add NPCs including PSE. I did change them with xEdit already so since it didnt work, will try with CS instead.

5 hours ago, fejeena said:

It the NPCs are females , changed with TES4Edit,  they will be females in CS . And you will get the same result with CS.  It must be something else that conflicts with the NPCs.

Finally some good news for a start. Using CS showed one more of the Azura vampires I was testing this stuff with that was still male, an NPC xEdit never revealed to me so changing him to female & starting a new game made him female at last. Seems that xEdit wasnt actually changing all or some of the NPCs I changed correctly so it seems CS does it right so far.

PS: CS has nearly the exact same layout as Creation Kit so dis may be easy af lmao

Update: The NPCs from PSE were listed as female in CS but messing around with their head a little bit & finding them in a new game also made them female at last too!

'Nother update: Lookin closely at muh female esp in Construction Set, when its loaded with the Oblivion esm, it shows my esp NPCs as female & listed as duplicates while the originals are still male. So the reason they werent changing because the esm still had them as male & xEdit couldnt change their genders with a new esp alone The esm would still override my esp. Tis also why changing the PSE NPCs in CS worked but not in xEdit. So now I know for changing genders, xEdit bad, CS gud 

On 12/19/2018 at 9:15 PM, King of the Losers said:

This is possible.

The script currently has a file parameter called SkyFem ignores.txt, which sets what files to ignore.

So technically, you could just put all other file names in this list and it will only patch what you want.

Alternatively, the script can be modified so that the file parameter reads something like SkyFem only include.txt, and this would only patch certain files.

Both would require a small amount of work and need time which unfortunately is not available freely right now for me.

Quick questions again:

1. When setting the master files for the esp (btw this is for Oldrim), if I just set only the esps & esms I want targeted, will it still patch the others or just the masters? If just them, do I really need to set my other mods as masters or place the ones I dont want in the ignore.txt file? Cuz I got a lot of mods & not all of them add NPCs.

2. Do I put the ignore.txt file in the script folder of xEdit, same as the actual scripts? Am assuming yes for now

3. Will the patcher act funky with Skyrim.esm as a master file while its also under the ignore.txt file? I already have all the vanilla NPCs I want as female so I dont want the uniquely named male characters changed.

8 minutes ago, Destroyah340 said:

Quick questions again:

1. When setting the master files for the esp (btw this is for Oldrim), if I just set only the esps & esms I want targeted, will it still patch the others or just the masters? If just them, do I really need to set my other mods as masters or place the ones I dont want in the ignore.txt file? Cuz I got a lot of mods & not all of them add NPCs.

2. Do I put the ignore.txt file in the script folder of xEdit, same as the actual scripts? Am assuming yes for now

1. You do need to add them as masters. The masters step is needed for a much deeper problem; that of npc internal form id manipulation which needs the patched mod to hold the correct masters. Currently there is no way to only selectively patch only certain mods without an interesting workaround:
    • Add the desired files to the SkyFem ignores file (hint: to do this faster, actually copy you loadorder.txt from MO2's profile directory and selectively edit it to only keep what you want).
    • Set markAsFemale to true and run the patcher: This means that all the patched npc's are going to become female.
      • This is important because if we want some npcs to be ignored, then their race data should not be changed, but for patching the other npcs you WOULD need to patch the race data, if you want to keep them flagged as male. So the solution is, mark them as female and remove the race edits that the patcher does.
    • You now need to remove the Race section from SkyFem NPC.esp. If not, even the non-patched NPC will have incorrect base head mesh and get black faces.
  2. You definitely need the file there.
1 hour ago, King of the Losers said:
  1. You do need to add them as masters. The masters step is needed for a much deeper problem; that of npc internal form id manipulation which needs the patched mod to hold the correct masters. Currently there is no way to only selectively patch only certain mods without an interesting workaround:
    • Add the desired files to the SkyFem ignores file (hint: to do this faster, actually copy you loadorder.txt from MO2's profile directory and selectively edit it to only keep what you want).
    • Set markAsFemale to true and run the patcher: This means that all the patched npc's are going to become female.
      • This is important because if we want some npcs to be ignored, then their race data should not be changed, but for patching the other npcs you WOULD need to patch the race data, if you want to keep them flagged as male. So the solution is, mark them as female and remove the race edits that the patcher does.
    • You now need to remove the Race section from SkyFem NPC.esp. If not, even the non-patched NPC will have incorrect base head mesh and get black faces.
  2. You definitely need the file there.

K so adding the ones I want left alone as masters & putting them in the ignore file also basically does nothing to them?

Another thing, trying to apply a script pulls an error message saying  "The specified path was not found." How do I fix dis?

1 hour ago, Destroyah340 said:

K so adding the ones I want left alone as masters & putting them in the ignore file also basically does nothing to them?

Another thing, trying to apply a script pulls an error message saying  "The specified path was not found." How do I fix dis?

This generally would mean that one of the SkyFem *.txt files was not found, like ignores, partstocopy, etc. You will need to see what is missing.

Archived