Accidentally posted in LE, but can't figure out what's wrong with animations

Just now, checkett said:

I set the redirect line, but it's still going into the MO2 Overwrite instead of my 'overwrite'

Again, check if you followed all the steps in detail. What does the FNIS log now say? Does it say something like this:

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
FNIS.ini RedirectFiles=S:\Mod Organizer\mods\fnis
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations" 
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 
Patch: "File Redirection (Vortex/MO profiles support)" 

1 minute ago, XenonS3 said:

Again, check if you followed all the steps in detail. What does the FNIS log now say? Does it say something like this:

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
FNIS.ini RedirectFiles=S:\Mod Organizer\mods\fnis
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations" 
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 
Patch: "File Redirection (Vortex/MO profiles support)" 

oh, I forgot to check the file redirect patch

2 minutes ago, checkett said:

oh, I forgot to check the file redirect patch

No problem mate :D

When youre done, please zip the output and upload it here, i want to check all the xml and logs myself. If it still doesn't work please try my advice #3:

Try to disable any mod that modifies character behavior (walk animatios, idles, etc). Also disable any SL mod other that the most basic things such as SL 1.63, FNIS, AL Animation Loader, MNC and the animations and test if they work without all the other stuff in your modlist.

Just now, XenonS3 said:

No problem mate :D

When youre done, please zip the output and uzpload it here, i want to check all the xml and logs myself. If it still doesn't work please try my advice #3:

Try to disable any mod that modifies character nehavior (walk animatios, idles, etc). Also disable any SL mod other that the most basic things such as SL 1.63, FNIS, AL Animation Loader, MNC and the animations and test if they work without all the other stuff in your modlist.

okay one sec

11 minutes ago, checkett said:

I set the redirect line, but it's still going into the MO2 Overwrite instead of my 'overwrite'

That can be part of your problem...

For MO Overwrite is not the same than overwrite but can be the same for FNIS.

Really is the same for the Windows Operating System.

The normal Overwrite folder is located in the ModOrganizer folder and your overwrite mod is located inside the mod folder. Maybe you write the incorrect path???

2 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

Really is the same for the Windows Operating System.

The normal Overwrite folder is located in the ModOrganizer folder and your overwrite mod is located inside the mod folder. Maybe you write the incorrect path???

It's redirecting fine now, I got it :)

7 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

Really is the same for the Windows Operatin System.

+1 Please just do what he says, we will try to get things 100% clean and proper now.

Please:

1- Rename your overwrite to "my_overwrite" and disable it for now.

2- Clear MOs overwrite.

3- Create a completely new mod folder just for fnis. Call it "fnis_generated" and edit the RedirectFiles in the FNIs.ini again to point to that folder.

Try it again, when you're done zip and upload both fnis_generated and MOs overwrite.

I cant see anything wrong with your upload except for the goddamn fact the behavior master file is missing. ?

22 minutes ago, XenonS3 said:

@McLude: Read his previous posts and his fnis logs, its correctly installed.

I don't see where it says he's running it through mo2. Redirection is not necessary for mo2 to run properly, neither is it necessary to do anything with the overwrite folder, so I don't see how those are anything but a distraction until fnis can run without errors. 

At this point, i almost believe McLude, something must have gone wrong with your FNIS installation. FNIS includes a mt_behavior.hkx in the original zip but in your installation it seems its missing completely from the start.

My knowledge is about to end here and i dont want to start random guesswork, i can only advise you this:

- Follow the STEP guide to cleanly reinstall FNIS and FNIS Creature Pack (if you need it) especially the part of using FNIS in MO.

- Disable everything in your modlist except for the bare minimum and then try to get the animations to work. 

I'll stick around but honestly there are more knowledgeable people than me who could offer much more help.

3 minutes ago, XenonS3 said:

At this point, i almost believe McLude, something must have gone wrong with your FNIS installation. FNIS includes a mt_behavior.hkx in the original zip but in your installation it seems its missing completely from the start.

My knowledge is about to end here and i dont want to start random guesswork, i can only advise you this:

- Follow the STEP guide to cleanly reinstall FNIS and FNIS Creature Pack (if you need it) especially the part of using FNIS in MO.

- Disable everything in your modlist except for the bare minimum and then try to get the animations to work. 

I'll stick around but honestly there are more knowledgeable people than me who could offer much more help.

yeah I redownloaded from Nexus earlier. I'm gonna try to manual install this time instead of installing through MO

5 minutes ago, checkett said:

okay, manually installed FNIS, but now I'm getting this error message

ERROR(57): The process cannot access the file 'GenerateFNIS_LogFile.txt' because it is being used by another process.

Are you running FNIS from inside MO???

Are you running MO as Administrator???

Maybe your machine go crazy.... Completely Close MO, wait some seconds and launch it again.

If you get the same error try restarting the computer.

1 minute ago, GenioMaestro said:

Are you running FNIS from inside MO???

Are you running MO as Administrator???

Maybe your machine go crazy.... Completely Close MO, wait some seconds and launch it again.

If you get the same error try restarting the computer.

I just restarted my computer, and it still does it.

Archived