Improvements for Sexlab 1.62 functionality

Nymra

First of all, this is not meant to target SexLab alone, but is also meant to be a thread that might inspire mod creators in LoversLab to pick up for their own mod to extend SexLab Funtionality.

Story: 
I used SexLab for quite some time now and I spent days, weeks and months tailoroing the perfect build of Mods to make Immersion perfect and build the perfect kinky Skyrim.

But recently I hit a wall, because I noticed more and more, that the primary Mod that lacks options is indeed SexLab itself. So improving of the kinky Skyrim experience basically came to a stop because well, SexLab itself became the problem.

I will list a number of issues here in this thread with suggestions on how they could be fixed. I can only invite people to also post their issues with SexLab functionality here.

Why? Because from what I experienced with SexLab SE, nothing has really changed there and at the same time, Skyrim SE has little to offer compared to Oldrim (too many mods still not ported). So I gave up hope of ever migrating there at all.

Hotkeys:

The following hotkeys would be very nice to have:

Move Scene

- Move ALL actors up/down (with modifier key)
- Move ALL actors forward/backwards (with modifier key)

- Move ALL actors left/right (with modifier key)

Reason: relocating the scene as implemented now (7 seconds time to move)  is... killing immersion. Totally....  It is also totally insufficient, because even on a flat surface the scene is often "floating" and whatnot. I bet each and everyone of you could use these hotkeys in every other animation.

And then we come to the big issue: ofc this would effect the animation every time it plays, so it would need constant adjustment. Yes it would, but this would be far superior than not beeing able to have those settings. 
But if possible: these hotkeys could be modified to only effect the current scene and then the changes to the scene are deleted.

Change Facial Expression

- Set Hotkey for Expression X/Y/Z

- OR if not possible: make a hotkey to cycle through facial expressions (not ideal but better than nothing).

Reason: facial expressions bring life to every scene. scenes are dead dolls without them. And very often the expressions do not fit at all, even when carefully customized. 
Especially ORAL is a big mess here, because the mouth never opens far enough and it is often hard to align even small dicks perfectly. 
With the hotkey above it would be possible to create a custom facial expression set with a Phoneme applied that opens the Mouth VERY FAR and so allowing the player to switch to that setting via hotkey DURING a running scene (oral for example) to get the specific facial animation.

Toggle current animation off

See further down (toggle animation mcm page)

Revert to previous stage

Currently you only advance the animation stage via hotkey.

Would be nice to see the opposite of that too, a hotkey to revert to the previous stage (if already possible, stupid me, but please enlighten me :)).

Voice & Facial Expressions:

It would be awesome if it would be possible to link voice sets with facial expression sets. That way you could for example create a voice set centered around sobbing sounds and combine it with a sad and whiney face. Or you could apply a facial expression with wide open mouth for a voiceset with alot of screaming. Same for laughing, joking etc. ofc.

Voice folders Hot/Medium/Etc.

I honestly never found out how these different sets are applied. I also never found out if there is a maximum of sound files that sexlab can handle.

I would just wish there would be a more detailed way to handle voices in Sexlab MCM (see above). So if they cannot be tied to facial expressions, than they should be at least be possible to tie them to certain types of animations.

Toggle animation MCM page

The Toggle Animation page is a mess :(

SLAL makes up for that, sure, but Sexlab itself could use a better sorted Animation toggle system + a simple hotkey (toggle current animation off) (see above)

Turn actor invisible

I was thinking about how we could make the most of the current animations already out there. And from experiments with posing mods I thought it would be nice, if there was a way to combine Sexlab animations with furniture ones. This is aimed more towards beeing a modding ressource than something for players, but maybe "parts" of sexlab animations could be tailord to work with some furnitures.

For example most ground animations where the female lies face down, the male part could be aligned quite easily with some furniture animation types, creating a giant sandbox of possibilities! 
Same for sideways animations and stuff... ofc clipping and other oddities might happen, but because only ONE actor would move a lot in that type of animation, while the actor in furniture would be almost static, this should be quite easy to achieve. 

I did something similar with "melting" "I ll take the Display model" furnitures with each other. For example a bound female and a bound male furniture, tied together as if the male would fuck the female in that position. Only thing that was missing was a little hop movement...

Add Items/Clothing/Devious Devices ONLY during SexScenes 

The player can currently be stripped via sexlab, but why can sexlab not ADD items during sex?! 
this is such a basic thing that I am simply shocked that I could never find a mod that does this (if I was just blind, please help me).

Idea is: Strip Item MCM -> show intentory -> toggle item "EQUIP DURING SEX" -> done.

This way we could have a fully customizeable "sex gear" installed inside of Sexlab. Ofc Sexlab should also work with devious devices and therefor overrun the locking mechanism of the selected items (so that they are removed after sex -> could be optional ofc). 

Since Devious Devices tend to be a pain anyway, since they do not offer an integrated removal tool, Sexlab should be upgraded to allow handling of devious devices during sex, overriding anything else via MCM option. For example I would love to be able to just remove some DDs just during a SexScene, but there is no mod out there that offers a reliable option for that. 

People now will say: no cheating, but hey, dont fool yourselfs... it is just impossible to not cheat in a kinky skyrim game, and be it only for bugfixing. And it will only be an option, so I dont see the problem. DDs add so much to skyrim, but at the same time they are one of my biggest headaches when it comes to functionality and customization. 
And a mod that turns all DDs into non-DDs seems not to cover all of them :( . - but this is too offtopic now:

TLDR: SEXLAB should have the option to allow not only stripping of certain items but also to equip certain items only for sex.

Follow up animations/poses 

At the moment, sexlab scenes end very apruptly, which is also very immersion breaking. Ragdoll is... insufficent, sadly. 
I experimented with poses that currently can be added via hotkey with the "Follow me for Sex" mod, but sadly this is not perfect, because I noticed that the need to press a key to strike the pose is.... killing immersion. 
So it would be perfect if Sexlab or a Sexlab based mod would allow to play a "follow up" animation or pose that can be selected via MCM (or a variety of them or even customize which to play after what kind of animation /normal or aggressive). The pose would ofc be immediatly broken when another sex scene starts. 
Currently some mods have that kind of mechanic (defeat) but only during Scenes started by those mods. 
Just imagine how nice it would be if characters would lay on the ground covering themselves after aggressive animations or how they could sit their dreaming and staring into the sky after normal animations. Would even be nice if it would be possible to play a masturbation animation (1 stage only) as follow up for example. 
Would be cool if the animation/pose length could be adjusted via MCM and/or "ended" with "Jump" (Character stands up animation). 

This is all for now, but I already think I forgot something. 
Tell me what you think... 
And no, I cannot make mods myself. I have zero experience with anything that is not a graphics program. I cannot script, manage complex systems without the urge to smash my screen... I cannot even make a website. And I simply have no time to learn all that, too :( sadly... 

On 11/27/2018 at 9:36 AM, Nymra said:

Add Items/Clothing/Devious Devices ONLY during SexScenes 

The player can currently be stripped via sexlab, but why can sexlab not ADD items during sex?! 
this is such a basic thing that I am simply shocked that I could never find a mod that does this (if I was just blind, please help me).

These are online translations. I'm sorry for my English.

This mod can.

Add your custom files to the computer folder : Data\INI\SexlabUtil1.esp\The name of the custom.ini

Example:

-----------

[Main]
Name=
zap
Page=0
Type=cmd
Id=313
Cmd=item:ZaZAnimationPack.esm:12001005+equip:ZaZAnimationPack.esm:12001005
CmdEnd=unequip:ZaZAnimationPack.esm:12001005

-------------

12001005 is in the game, press "~" to see what you want to add equipment

-------------

Calling your custom files while having sex in the game can add equipment.

It's okay for me to try to add zap's restraint gear.

So it may be a problem to automatically take off at the end of sex because dd's restraint equipment requires keys and NPC doesn't have them.

Maybe should add keys and equipment together?

I haven't tried it yet.

Things already mentioned aside, i agree. Especially the "turn actor invisible/use only one actor" to use them with furnitures is something i thought about myself, altough i'm not 100% sure that isn't already possible. VirginMarie did something like this to make the PC fuck Aradias mushroom replacers, but i'm not sure if she took a solo animation maybe or got something custom from somebody.

In case of doubt... i guess if an animator would be willing to make solo male animations where he's just fucking the air, 1x standing 1x kneeling would serve the same purpose well enough, except a lack of variation then.

On 11/30/2018 at 10:22 PM, kziitd said:

These are online translations. I'm sorry for my English.

This mod can.

Add your custom files to the computer folder : Data\INI\SexlabUtil1.esp\The name of the custom.ini

Example:

-----------

[Main]
Name=
zap
Page=0
Type=cmd
Id=313
Cmd=item:ZaZAnimationPack.esm:12001005+equip:ZaZAnimationPack.esm:12001005
CmdEnd=unequip:ZaZAnimationPack.esm:12001005

-------------

12001005 is in the game, press "~" to see what you want to add equipment

-------------

Calling your custom files while having sex in the game can add equipment.

It's okay for me to try to add zap's restraint gear.

So it may be a problem to automatically take off at the end of sex because dd's restraint equipment requires keys and NPC doesn't have them.

Maybe should add keys and equipment together?

I haven't tried it yet.

Thank you!

The mod (Sexlab Util) seems to be very practical.

However, I cannot get the mod to add items to the player :(

I tried this:

Cmd=item:Heretical Resources.esm:ff00c6e1+equip:Heretical Resources.esm:ff00c6e1
CmdEnd=unequip:Heretical Resources.esm:ff00c6e1+remitem:Heretical Resources.esm:ff00c6e1

Debug said the event is playing (I saw the event ID) but the item did not equip.

Archived