DOAXVV Graphics Mod [DOAHDM] [Reshade]

13 hours ago, Beach Paradise Team said:

The only thing that hooks reshade to the game is the DXGI.dll, if you rename or delete that then I'm afraid whatever is causing you problems is completely unrelated, either that or you were banned. 

Thanks! After deleting stuff and fiddling around a lot the game works again. Pheeew

Just the graphics are whitish-washed out now.

Keep going guys, awesome work on DOA5LR

I've done some tests, and from the looks of it.
It doesn't work on laptops with multiple GPUs, at least with dxgi.dll.
It does work if you rename it to d3d11.dll though, but the d3d11.dll of 3Dmigoto already has that name so you can only have one or the other.

I got it working by changing my preferred graphics processor to Integrated graphics, problem is though I only get like 10 fps.
And it just crashes when it loads up the doaxvv launcher when you change the preferred graphics processor to your dedicated GPU.

So, idk how to make them work together. ?‍♂️

EDIT: I also updated reshade to 4.0.2, no idea if that changed anything though.

On 12/30/2018 at 11:49 AM, Hans Jürgen said:

So, a problem with reashade AND 3dmigoto ?

but it worked together months ago !?

I couldn't get it working with both mods last month, and I haven't seen a picture of both mods at once either, so until we get an update from OP (or proof/help from those that got it working) I'm gonna assume it's non-compatible.

Did some more googling, turns out rivatuner can mess with d3d11.dll calls or some technical mcguffin, disabling it for both the DoaxVV launcher and DoaxVV exe fixes it for me.

Proof

Spoiler

2008376094_DOAX_VV2019-01-0223-55-55.png.2966175301a9650c64e5948f619af43c.png

13 hours ago, Falling5393 said:

I couldn't get it working with both mods last month, and I haven't seen a picture of both mods at once either, so until we get an update from OP (or proof/help from those that got it working) I'm gonna assume it's non-compatible.

Did some more googling, turns out rivatuner can mess with d3d11.dll calls or some technical mcguffin, disabling it for both the DoaxVV launcher and DoaxVV exe fixes it for me.

Proof

Reveal hidden contents

2008376094_DOAX_VV2019-01-0223-55-55.png.2966175301a9650c64e5948f619af43c.png

That is no problem for Rivatuner + Reshade + 3Dmigoto

rivatuner.jpg.5abef82ad6fd60fca8937b197c895e64.jpg

2 hours ago, minazuki said:

That is no problem for Rivatuner + Reshade + 3Dmigoto

rivatuner.jpg.5abef82ad6fd60fca8937b197c895e64.jpg

May I ask what is the version of your OS? Plenty of people cannot manage to open both two plugins at the same time, including me. Is your sys 64bit or 32bit, and what language is it?

3 minutes ago, fc2otica said:

May I ask what is the version of your OS? Plenty of people cannot manage to open both two plugins at the same time, including me. Is your sys 64bit or 32bit, and what language is it?

Windows 10 64 bit

non-Unicode application in Japanese

2 minutes ago, minazuki said:

Windows 10 64 bit

non-Unicode application in Japanese

And do you have two GPU in your laptop? I tried the #36's method, and it turned out to be the problem of two gpu laptops. The two plugins only works when I choose the intergrated GPU.

Anyone who is hitting this compatibility issue between 3DMigoto, ReShade and (possibly) RiverTuner please send me the following information:

• Which OS?
    • 32bit or 64bit?
    • If Windows 7, do you have KB 2670838 (AKA the "evil update") installed? (Despite the colloquial name I do recommend having this installed)
  • What graphics card?
  • Are you running on a laptop? If so which graphics card is in use? Do you use Optimus?
  • What exact version of ReShade?
  • Whether you have RiverTuner installed/running, and which version
  • Please enable debug logging in 3DMigoto (Edit the d3dx.ini under [Logging] set "calls", "debug" and "unbuffered" to 1), reproduce the crash then send me a copy of the d3d11_log.txt from 3DMigoto and the dxgi.log from ReShade. Turn debug logging off afterwards as it murders framerate.

I was unable to reproduce the issue with ReShade (the version posted in this thread) on either my Windows 10 or Windows 7 boxes, so I need more info to have any chance of identifying the cause (it sounds like a hooking conflict).

There is an issue in 3DMigoto's bug tracker for this: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/issues/98

On 1/3/2019 at 9:00 AM, 123TheOne456 said:

It does work if you rename it to d3d11.dll though, but the d3d11.dll of 3Dmigoto already has that name so you can only have one or the other. 

3DMigoto can chain load another d3d11.dll - see the proxy_d3d11 option in the d3dx.ini under [System]. I'm not familiar enough with ReShade to know if they have something similar.

48 minutes ago, ausgeek said:

Anyone who is hitting this compatibility issue between 3DMigoto, ReShade and (possibly) RiverTuner please send me the following information:

• Which OS?
    • 32bit or 64bit?
    • If Windows 7, do you have KB 2670838 (AKA the "evil update") installed? (Despite the colloquial name I do recommend having this installed)
  • What graphics card?
  • Are you running on a laptop? If so which graphics card is in use? Do you use Optimus?
  • What exact version of ReShade?
  • Whether you have RiverTuner installed/running, and which version
  • Please enable debug logging in 3DMigoto (Edit the d3dx.ini under [Logging] set "calls", "debug" and "unbuffered" to 1), reproduce the crash then send me a copy of the d3d11_log.txt from 3DMigoto and the dxgi.log from ReShade. Turn debug logging off afterwards as it murders framerate.

I was unable to reproduce the issue with ReShade (the version posted in this thread) on either my Windows 10 or Windows 7 boxes, so I need more info to have any chance of identifying the cause (it sounds like a hooking conflict).

There is an issue in 3DMigoto's bug tracker for this: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/issues/98

3DMigoto can chain load another d3d11.dll - see the proxy_d3d11 option in the d3dx.ini under [System]. I'm not familiar enough with ReShade to know if they have something similar.

I  PM my specs to you.

13 hours ago, DOAX-X said:

@ minazuki  你呈現的女孩很漂亮? 你是怎麼做到的?你能分享Reshade配置嗎?請指教

第一張照片是我......?

My images you posted is resized from 4k, it is a big different between 4k & 1080p.

This is the original 4k resized to 1080p

before.jpg.e95e1c78885dc0cc81872f734351899e.jpg

After enabled reshade

after.jpg.25d9307a4ee6321f9813f4acb35b1b0b.jpg

I think the main different of quality is MXAO shadow.

Download the latest MXAO.fx from reshade and replace the file.

Then try to use my setting:

MXAO.png.7c47aad3fcf47bb4813bccbc855eab26.png

The color is depend on the monitor you use and what color you like (e.g. warm/cool), also it is easy to tune it, so I will not share my color setting.

Hi everyone!

First of all, good job on this mod, it looks amazing! However, I can't launch the game with it either (DOAX_VV.exe immediately crashes with an "Application error" message)...

@ausgeek here's my info:

• Windows 10 64bit
  • I'm on a laptop with hybrid graphics. ReShade works fine on the Intel iGPU, but not on dGPU (AMD Radeon R9 M200X)
  • ReShade version 4.0.1.488 (provided with the mod), but also tested with current (v.4.0.2), also didn't work
  • Not using RiverTuner
  • Here are the logs: dxgi.log d3d11_log.txt (I disabled the mods to keep the 3DMigoto log from becoming even more humongous lol)

I hope this helps!

• 2 months later...